• 25(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2017-05-17, 15:27)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 15:15)daharris Wrote: Is there any way to clear the buttons for fullscreen video playback and navigation? I don't want any keyboard buttons to do anything during fullscreen video playback.
Yes, you could copy the default keymap.xml to the userdata/keymap/keymap.xml directory or so. And then edit all the buttons in it, that you don't want to be working with the noop
action.

see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293399

How do you set the "noop" action with a keyboard?
(2017-05-17, 15:45)daharris Wrote: How do you set the "noop" action with a keyboard?
Hmm, I don't understand the question, please be more specific Wink

the keyboard.xml contains lines like this:

Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>
<q>Queue</q>
<f>FastForward</f>

So if you edit <p>Play</p> to <p>noop</p> the button p should lose its function. I guess so at least.
hello im hoping someone can help
im trying to add a short cut to my music library but nothing happens

ive tried these

edit/music/navigation/parent directory/1
edit/music/navigation/context menu/2
edit/global/windows/open music library/3

everything else seems to work but i cant get a short cut to my music folder which is on an external usb hdd, folder path /media/media/music
im running OSMC Krypton
It seems after I have installed the Keymap Editor my \Kodi\portable_data\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml containing my own shortcuts for Kodi suddenly is deleted / disappeared.

What might be the reason for it?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
I now made it to add a shortcut to open the "Favorites" in "Home". Actually I tried to enter "STRG+F" in the "Keymap Editor" but only "STRG" is added, so when I in "Home" now press STRG the favorite window is shown instead of pressing "STRG+F" I would have like to be added.
How could I close the favorites window by pressing the same key(s) to show it?

And the same with "Global search". There is only a single key added instead of a combination. How could I add a shortcut containing of a combination of keys, e.g. STRG+F for favorites?

And I cannot find the normal search in Kodi (not the Global search) in the keymap editor, where could I find it?

When I press "V" to show the movie information while a movie is running an empty movie information window is shown:

How could the information be shown?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
Any way at all to map the buttons for "tempoup" and "tempodown" either through the keymapeditor addon or manually, to a remote control. I was trying to map it to either the number keys or to the pageup/down keys.. why is this wrong?

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<one>PlayerControl(tempodown)</one>
<two>PlayerControl(tempoup)</two>
<pageplus>PlayerControl(tempoup)</pageplus>
<pageminus>Pause</pageminus>
<back>stop</back>
</remote>
<keyboard>

i started adding pause instead of my tempo commands in case i was somehow mistyping the commands. Thought that pause had to be "pause"
The formatting is wrong. Try:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Also for the tempo commands to work you need to have Sync playback to display enabled.
Thankyou host. seems an obvious mistake now. However, after 3 hours of constant testing and adding and changing of stuff around. I ended with a file that looks like this:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<one>PlayerControl(tempodown)</one>
<two>PlayerControl(tempoup)</two>
<three>info</three>
<6>info</6>
<pageplus>info</pageplus>
<pageminus>PlayerControl(tempoup)</pageminus>
</remote>
<keyboard>
<four>PlayerControl(tempoup)</four>
<five>info</five>
<7>info</7>
<pageup>info</pageup>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
<Global>
<remote>
<nine>info</nine>
<Eight>info</Eight>
</remote>
<keyboard>
<nine>info</nine>
<Eight>info</Eight>
</keyboard>
</Global>
</keymap>

This is my attempt at testing everything to see if i could find anything that worked. I then saved the file as keyboard.xml and put it in the "profile directory/keymaps" folder. The profile directory is the same folder where i have my advancedsettings.xml file and that is working, so this must be the folder kodi is reading from.
Not a single thing works though and i feel like at least one of them should be? Am i still doing something obvious wrong?
I do have sync playback enabled and i am restarting kodi every time i edit the xml.
What remote do you use? Are you sure it's identified as remote on your system? Some are identified as keyboard.
But the commands under the keyboard tag should work, I don't see something wrong with the keymap at first glance.

edit well, on a second glance many things seem to be wrong, some none existent key ids, capitalising on some commands/tags (I'm not sure if keymap is case sensitive though)...
Why don't you use keymap editor? It will recognise your remote correctly (whether it's identified as <remote> or <keyboard>) and send the correct key strokes.
If keymap editor is missing a command (eg tempoup/down) you can assign some random command on the keys you want to assign the missing command and modify manually later.
its just a stock remote that came with a little android Tvbox. The T95z box, most android boxes seem to have the same remote now from what i can see. The capitalising on some was to test if maybe thats what i was doing wrong.
Your suggestion is a good one, makes much sense and i should have tried it in the first place. Should rule out a lot of things. Will try that after work, thanks
Keycodes are not unique on my keyboard (iPazzPort KP810-21S)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ring on the upper right has 4 arrow keys around the edge and an "ok" button in the middle. Each of these 5 keys shows a unique 5 digit code (as expected) when I press them inside the keycode editor addon. The other ring (upper left) has volume up/down buttons (top/bottom) and double left/right arrow keys (left/right) as well as a play button in the middle. However all 5 of those buttons shows the same 8 digit code (168391168) when I press these keys inside the keycode editor. Also six of the eight buttons surrounding the touchpad also shows this same 8 digit code. How can this be given the fact that no two of these keys have the same effect when using Kodi. The only key that seems to have no function is the double right arrow on the left ring. (The double left arrow on the left ring restarts the currently playing video from the beginning ... which seems only marginally useful.)

I wanted to reassign the double left and right arrows on the left ring to perform the rewind and fastforward functions (normally mapped to the R & F keys), however since these keys don't seem to have unique key codes I have been unsucessful so far.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reassign the function of those particular keys?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.
~Paul
(2017-08-14, 18:28)host505 Wrote: Why don't you use keymap editor? It will recognise your remote correctly (whether it's identified as <remote> or <keyboard>) and send the correct key strokes.
If keymap editor is missing a command (eg tempoup/down) you can assign some random command on the keys you want to assign the missing command and modify manually later.

Thankyou so much for such a simple solution, after hours of trial and error, it took minutes to do as you suggested and put each of the keys i wanted to use in the editor and then read the result.
As it turns out each key had a 4 digit number as an ID so no amount of trial and error was ever going to get me there.
...well, we're in the keymap editor thread after all, and that's what it's purpose is Wink
Glad it worked for you.
Once you understand how keymapping in kodi works (no so hard), you can do sooo many cool things with a remote.
Have a look here, keymap (wiki), especially action ids, since you seem to have understood the basics.
I've used this add on perfectly well for years on my Openelec installations.

However I now have an Android box, and I simply cannot get Keymap Editor to recognise any commands I'm sending from whatever remote I try.

Any suggestions please?
Need some advice.
In kodi 17.3, I patched 'menu', and swapped menu (m) with context menu ©, so the 'm' opens the context menu and 'c' opens the menu. Everything worked fine.
I have now upgraded to kodi 17.4 (also tried with a fresh install).
When I first start kodi, c will not open the menu (it is reset to opening the context menu and 'm' also opens the context menu), until I press save in the editor. It all works fine then, for a certain length of time (don't know how long), before it resets itself and I have to click save again for it to work.

Anyone come across this issue, or now how to resolve it?

Many thanks for any help
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7