• 194(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-08-14, 20:52)Doktor-X Wrote: i still don't get it why i can't no longer use latest builds on rpi1 i have just updated to latest 813 build and i try to play video from my local network and after couple of seconds kodi frozes and i need to revert back to my old only working 504 build

Hmmm so kodi freezes with #0505 too? Can you provide a debug log (wiki) from #0505 (or #0813). Is it only Kodi that is frozen, so the network is still working? What are you using to stream over your network, smb:// or nfs:// etc.?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
so latest build that is working for me is 504 after that all build basicly have same problem kodi and video playback frozes (with some builds after 1-2 min of playback and on some builds almost immediately after video start playing) dont ask me what that builds are i don't remember and i don't have them downloaded and i need to reboot pi to be able to revert back to previous state, im using nfs that is mounted localy on the pi itself

i can't provide logs for 505 since i don't have that builds i'm corrently downloading 813 so ill upload debug

this is debug of 813 i just uploaded it to my server
https://doktor-x.tk/kodi.old.log
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0814: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.12.7 #1 Mon Aug 14 21:28:13 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  8 2017 12:05:45
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 196063438d7bb0769861c86f948ae653727adb7e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170814212705-#0814-g4eecc11 [Build #0814]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:35a9a79). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4eecc111, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (35a9a795, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. PVR Addon API 5.6.0 (breaks pvr.argustv which no longer builds)
  2. inputstream.adaptive updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • buildsystem: enable custom colours (or none at all) (PR:1871, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR][addons] PVR Addon API 5.6.0: Channel and recording URLs & properties (PR:12660, 2 commits, 14 files changed)
    • CURLFile: Remove filter for unknown HTTP header / control log visibility of header values (PR:12671, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] log version of installed addons (PR:12659, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • Remove presentationTimestamp / Fix segfault for streams with SIDX segment information (f98a53a1)
    • More PTS(Diff) changes for improoved seeking (ac4a59d4)
    • [HLS] Trim master playlist lines (6c33b350)
    • [HLS] Stop state if segments are al done (d258f8f0)
  4. pvr.demo:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:53, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  5. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Update to PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:56, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
  6. pvr.hts:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:322, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  7. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:152, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  8. pvr.mythtv:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:82, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  9. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:6, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  10. pvr.vuplus:
    • PVR API 5.6.0 (PR:69, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  11. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: buildsystem: update to gcc7
    • Added: [env] patch: pvr addons: disable broken addons
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-14, 19:16)techie67 Wrote: Hi, with 813 Amazon vod on my Pi3 flickers when watching a film e.g. The infiltrator.
It works fine with 810.

When i remember it correctly, 808 worked fine too and 809 had this flicker issue too.

Regards
Chris

I found the movie "Infiltrator" on Amazon and could play it with RPi3 and #0813 + #0814 builds, no flickering or stutter or similar.
Only so for comparison whether this is only a single case.
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
Hey guys, can anyone offer a strategy on managing nightly builds, I'm kind of new to this. Do you have two RPI's going and alternate in case the latest update breaks something? Or do you just roll back the changes to the last working build? If the latter, whats the best way to accomplish this without losing your settings & library?
(2017-08-15, 05:48)d3mncln3r Wrote: If the latter, whats the best way to accomplish this without losing your settings & library?

So long as you have ssh or Samba enabled, and the device is booting, you can roll back to an earlier build by copying the older (working) tar file into "/storage/.update" (ssh) or the "Update" Samba folder, and rebooting. If the Kodi GUI is working you should also be able to roll back from within Kodi (see note #7 in the first post).

In general, rolling back should not lose your settings and library although it is possible that you may roll back to an older database version in which case you will be missing recent library additions. In addition, there has been a lot of change to the Settings system in the last couple of months and if you roll back far enough you will lose settings as the guisettings.xml in current builds is not compatible with builds older than early July, in which case your settings will revert to default (old settings will be upgraded to the new settings format, but settings in the new format will not be downgraded to the old format).

If the device no longer boots then you can recover it by mounting the SD card in a PC and extracting the last working firmware, KERNEL and SYSTEM from the tar file. This is pretty rare though, as all builds are at least boot tested before publication - no boot, no publish.
Noticed a couple of bugs:

1) A weird bug with TV channel switching. If you switch to a file playback when watching a live TV and then try to switch back to a TV channel that you were watching before switching to a file - nothing happens. However, if you try to switch to a different TV channel - it works as expected.

2) Some settings like "Audio offset" are not saving.
(2017-08-15, 06:32)smp1 Wrote: Noticed a couple of bugs:

1) A weird bug with TV channel switching. If you switch to a file playback when watching a live TV and then try to switch back to a TV channel that you were watching before switching to a file - nothing happens. However, if you try to switch to a different TV channel - it works as expected.

2) Some settings like "Audio offset" are not saving.

What PVR addon? What backend? debug log (wiki)?
(2017-08-15, 06:48)Milhouse Wrote: What PVR addon? What backend? debug log (wiki)?
VDR/VNSI http://sprunge.us/YTeO
Weekly Linux 4.13-rc5 build #0814x: RPi / RPi2
(2017-08-14, 19:16)techie67 Wrote: Hi, with 813 Amazon vod on my Pi3 flickers when watching a film e.g. The infiltrator.
It works fine with 810.

When i remember it correctly, 808 worked fine too and 809 had this flicker issue too.

It's a bit hard to imagine what the flicker is you are seeing. Could you make a recording of the screen (e.g. form camera phone) that shows the issue?
A debug log (wiki) may also have clues in.
(2017-08-14, 21:20)Doktor-X Wrote: so latest build that is working for me is 504 after that all build basicly have same problem kodi and video playback frozes (with some builds after 1-2 min of playback and on some builds almost immediately after video start playing) dont ask me what that builds are i don't remember and i don't have them downloaded and i need to reboot pi to be able to revert back to previous state, im using nfs that is mounted localy on the pi itself

What happens if you disable omxplayer in video/acceleration settings?
(2017-08-15, 05:48)d3mncln3r Wrote: Hey guys, can anyone offer a strategy on managing nightly builds, I'm kind of new to this. Do you have two RPI's going and alternate in case the latest update breaks something? Or do you just roll back the changes to the last working build? If the latter, whats the best way to accomplish this without losing your settings & library?

I have 5 RPIs mixed as 2s and 3s. I personally update them all in one shot to the latest version and have maybe had to roll back once or twice. I do read the notes each release and if I see a DB update that could impact me those I wait a few days and let others report then apply it myself IF there are major crazy changes besides a simple scheme change.

Rollbacks are easy with just placing the older file in the update directory and letting it reboot.

Sent from my iPhone
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Smile 
Need some help with samba config.
I've set up a new RPi3 with latest Libreelec8.02. When i try to load the latest Milhouse version from my PC into the Update share i notice that the transfer is very sloooow (abt 350 KB/s). I'm transferring the file from a Win10 PC with the latest updates.
I know that there is something going on in Win10 with the SMB protocol (smb1 issue) and i think that this is the reason for the slow transfer.
Where is the config file in libreelec for the smb server part and where is the config file for the client to get e.g. video or music files from a network storage? How do i speed up the transfer?

OK, one problem less. The sloooow transfer was a weird switch. Reset switch - everything ok. Transfer speed up to 5 MB/s as before.
But the both config files are interesting as before...
(2017-08-15, 05:48)d3mncln3r Wrote: Hey guys, can anyone offer a strategy on managing nightly builds, I'm kind of new to this. Do you have two RPI's going and alternate in case the latest update breaks something? Or do you just roll back the changes to the last working build? If the latter, whats the best way to accomplish this without losing your settings & library?

Personally i'd go into the libreelec settings and enable "Show Custom Channels"
add a custom channel 1 and add the url http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi2/
Click update channel and pick Milhouse-9.0 which is the nightly leia builds.
Then click Available Versions and it should read from the url and tell you if a new build is available
You then just pick one, whether it's a older version or new, it will ask you if you want to download and install it.

if it doesn't boot right after an update, i just use putty on a pc and SSH to the box and type in ...

cd /storage/.update
then wget http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/mast...r-file.tar
and finally type reboot

but having to do it this way is pretty rare.
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24