Release Black Glass Nova 6.x for Kodi 17.x Krypton
This seems to be the most up to date thread and a good place for me to post my questions. I'm a noob at Kodi so I'm hoping the questions aren't treated too harshly. I did try searching and also reading through other threads to see if my questions were answered but didn't find anything. I've been using BGN on my Android box and also in Kodi on my Mac. Here are my settings and then I'll list my problems and questions. BGN on Android box and Macbook Pro both running Kodi 17. Under configure skin I have it set to Black Glass.

Problems I've encountered
Most common - I add widgets under each section Movies, Videos, etc. I add all 5 widgets but only 2 show, then 4 will show after a while but never all of the widgets I set. Do they need to load or is there something I need to install?

Blank Kodi - I customize the skin. I deleted sections I don't use (Music, Radio, Weather), changed the labels on the sections, added widgets for each section. Customize the submenu, set thumbnails for each section. After I'm done it goes all wonky. On my Android box after making the changes when I start Kodi it will load up the videos section. If I hit backspace to go to a different section everything disappears. I just have the Kody background. I still get the sounds which means it is still working but for some reason nothing displays. In the end I had to reinstall Kodi and set it up again but this time I backed everything up. I'm just wondering if there are certain things that I should not be customizing? Example does customizing submenus introduce issues?

Question
Is there a way to have my background show when going into a widget etc. I'll set a custom background for the section but when I go into a widget it will show the default background that was previously there.
It can be possible that some widgets take time to populate. It depends on the addon that manages the widget. It's not a skin issue. The same would occur with other skins.

If home menu disappears, it generally means that something wrong is happening in your installation and your system cannot store the new settings. It's a general issue and maybe searching in the android subforum could be useful.

The backgrounds section in skin settings is meant to customize backgrounds in the whole skin, while backgrounds in the home menu editor will work only for the home menu

Thanks

Tgx
(2017-04-30, 09:20)Tgxcorporation Wrote: It can be possible that some widgets take time to populate. It depends on the addon that manages the widget. It's not a skin issue. The same would occur with other skins.

If home menu disappears, it generally means that something wrong is happening in your installation and your system cannot store the new settings. It's a general issue and maybe searching in the android subforum could be useful.

The backgrounds section in skin settings is meant to customize backgrounds in the whole skin, while backgrounds in the home menu editor will work only for the home menu

Thanks

Tgx

Thank You for the info Smile
Love this skin... But is there a way to have the widgets displayed on the home menu, instead of pushing up? I want to utilize that space. Or will there be a option for that if there would be an update?
How can we view Orphanned Depenencies?
I know I've asked this before TGX but can't find it: if I might trouble you again .............

Where does the skin back-up go and how do you re-select it for re-install?
On one system I have ability to make skin back-up - and it says it does - but if I try to restore, I can't see where to point to it from the available sources in the list

On a new system I am just configuring, with latest version of skin, there is no back-up/restore option in the skin menu.
You can use the latest version on Github or you need to downgrade the script.skin.helper.service addon.

With the latest version on Github, the backup is stored in userdata -> addon-data -> script.skin.helper.skinbackup
Instead the old version should be: userdata -> addon-data -> script.skin.helper.service

Tgx
Thanks TGX - I did already have the latest from Github (6.02)
- the problem is it successfully saves the backup, (i can indeed find it using the windows file explorer) but when selecting 'restore' directly in Kodi BlackGlassNova I cannot navigate to the location - it just gives a menu list of repos with no ability to navigate anywhere else
Add the folder as source in the file manager.

Tgx
Thank you again!!!

I do have related question - although this is not truly your own area of responsibility, but perhaps you can lend some insight:
On the system in question, I had installed Kodi from the Windows App store - that puts it in a directory with an INCREDIBLY long address .........
Two things associated with that
The first is was unable to 'browse' directly to that folder when trying to add Source to File Manager, (AppData is hidden folder - I have it viewable in Windows Explorer but can't see it in Kodi) so can't get beyond there and address has to be entered manually;
Is there a way to 'see' hidden directories?
the second part is then that you cannot 'paste' into that field either! So I had to manually painstakingly type in the complete address to the folder
Is there a way you can 'paste' or is that another fundamental non-possibility with Kodi?

I did subsequently work out a partial solution that avoids having to type in the whole folder address - adding the source as simply C:\Users\(Username)\AppData
That does allow you to get to the folder you need, but of course you have to 'tunnel' down through all the directories to get the backup folder location
It would be nice if it were possible to much more simply be able to point to the address
(2017-08-15, 04:30)DEcosse Wrote: Is there a way to 'see' hidden directories?

Found it!
Just in case anyone else needs this info, change this setting:
Settings -> Media -> General
Show Hidden Files & Directories set to 'ON" (only visible in 'Expert' level)

Then follow the original suggestion from TGX - add the skinbackup source directory to File Manger using the 'Browse' feature and continuing down each level till you reach the directory you want (depending on the OS platform and the Kodi/BGN version)
The 'back-up' will automatically be placed it in that file; for restore just select your new link.
Love the skin Tgx

I put in place extra options on menu bar. A movie tab for my personal collection. Is there a way to change the background fanart art on it? I can only cycle thru the original meni options ie videos, settings etc. I must be missing an option so it shows up on the list.
Every home menu item can be customised with its own background, thumbnail, etc. Use the home menu editor.
@hebekiah

I removed your previous post. Please find it here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323414

I will remove this one also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The Video OSD on video playback for e.g on fast forward or fast backward isn't showing anymore.
Now i'm navigating fast forward or backward blind and that's very sad.

When i push on the keyboard "M" it is showing during the video is playing. But on the next Video the same problem.
I have not always a keyboard by my side and on every video pushing "M" to see the OSD is also very sad.

Some time ago all worked very well. Don't know what happened.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 6.x for Kodi 17.x Krypton1