• 195(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-08-15, 05:48)d3mncln3r Wrote: Hey guys, can anyone offer a strategy on managing nightly builds, I'm kind of new to this. Do you have two RPI's going and alternate in case the latest update breaks something?

I just use 2 SD cards and regular backups... Smile
(2017-08-15, 12:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 19:16)techie67 Wrote: Hi, with 813 Amazon vod on my Pi3 flickers when watching a film e.g. The infiltrator.
It works fine with 810.

When i remember it correctly, 808 worked fine too and 809 had this flicker issue too.

It's a bit hard to imagine what the flicker is you are seeing. Could you make a recording of the screen (e.g. form camera phone) that shows the issue?
A debug log (wiki) may also have clues in.

I have the same issue since #0811.

Debug log: here
Video from smartphone: here

The film is starting in background - strange ....
I'm using VOD addon from Sandmann79 (cause of the working watchlist) - addon from libdev works without flicker.
In #0810 both are fine.

regards,

Andy
I finally got the chance to integrate the thermal pads in my kodi case for the Rpi3. Temperature is now staying below 60° Celsius (instead of 80°) so that seems to work out pretty good! Unfortunately I still have the stuttering on Netflix sw Decoding playback - also with #814. When I watch the same episode in a lower quality (480p instead of 720p) or switch to hw Decoding (streaming via skygo addon instead of Netflix) everything is great!

@popcornmix: can I somehow help to debug this further? Unfortunately Netflix seems to be not fully usable for the wife (and therefore me [emoji6]) with this "bug" [emoji22]
(2017-08-15, 16:18)linkinsoldier Wrote: @popcornmix: can I somehow help to debug this further? Unfortunately Netflix seems to be not fully usable for the wife (and therefore me [emoji6]) with this "bug" [emoji22]

When you are watching the video (and it is stuttering) what does "vcgencmd measure_clock arm" report?
"unfortunately" i was now watching 2 episodes without errors Smile
I am trying to reproduce and post the result
(2017-08-15, 16:18)linkinsoldier Wrote: I finally got the chance to integrate the thermal pads in my kodi case for the Rpi3. Temperature is now staying below 60° Celsius (instead of 80°) so that seems to work out pretty good! Unfortunately I still have the stuttering on Netflix sw Decoding playback - also with #814. When I watch the same episode in a lower quality (480p instead of 720p) or switch to hw Decoding (streaming via skygo addon instead of Netflix) everything is great!

@popcornmix: can I somehow help to debug this further? Unfortunately Netflix seems to be not fully usable for the wife (and therefore me [emoji6]) with this "bug" [emoji22]

Is quite interesting. I have not overclocked, all standard RPi3 settings in config.txt (Except gpu_mem = 320).
My RPi3 does not even reach 62°C at the Amazon videos.
I use normal plastic housing and a glued-on aluminum cooler.
I personally think that overclocking is not good or not necessary for RPi3 because it only generates unnecessary temperature.
Just my opinion.
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-08-15, 15:33)AndyFX Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 12:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 19:16)techie67 Wrote: Hi, with 813 Amazon vod on my Pi3 flickers when watching a film e.g. The infiltrator.
It works fine with 810.

When i remember it correctly, 808 worked fine too and 809 had this flicker issue too.

It's a bit hard to imagine what the flicker is you are seeing. Could you make a recording of the screen (e.g. form camera phone) that shows the issue?
A debug log (wiki) may also have clues in.

I have the same issue since #0811.

Debug log: here
Video from smartphone: here

The film is starting in background - strange ....
I'm using VOD addon from Sandmann79 (cause of the working watchlist) - addon from libdev works without flicker.
In #0810 both are fine.

regards,

Andy

That is exactly what a am seeing using the sandman vod addon.
btw. downgrading to 810 makes work again.
Regards
Chris
(2017-08-15, 19:33)Aux_ Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 16:18)linkinsoldier Wrote: I finally got the chance to integrate the thermal pads in my kodi case for the Rpi3. Temperature is now staying below 60° Celsius (instead of 80°) so that seems to work out pretty good! Unfortunately I still have the stuttering on Netflix sw Decoding playback - also with #814. When I watch the same episode in a lower quality (480p instead of 720p) or switch to hw Decoding (streaming via skygo addon instead of Netflix) everything is great!

Is quite interesting. I have not overclocked, all standard RPi3 settings in config.txt (Except gpu_mem = 320).

I personally think that overclocking is not good or not necessary for RPi3 because it only generates unnecessary temperature.
Just my opinion.

I had a similiar behaviour with the overtemp symbol showing in the right corner some weeks ago. I think it had to do with trying to update my music db with many files added from a directory on a nas.
I cannot say for shure that this was the rootcourse, but after deleting that source from kodi it worked flawlessly again with amazon videos and others.
Chris
(2017-08-15, 19:33)Aux_ Wrote:

Just my opinion.

Maybe you can post your standard config.txt setting?

Mine rpi3 is also overclocked.
Yesterday i watched a 1080p hevc 8 bit and it reached 72°C and it wasn't get any higher.

Using the FLIRC aluminium kodi case.

I wonder what temperature it will reach with standard overclock settings...
Is Raspberry Pi 2 too weak for Netflix plugin? I tried a couple of nightly builds on my RPi2 after a fresh install and more or less everything else is working fine, but if I watch something on Netflix, video starts to stutter on a first complex scene with lots of movement, and audio de-syncs.

Thank you!
(2017-08-15, 20:15)kečiga Wrote: Is Raspberry Pi 2 too weak for Netflix plugin? I tried a couple of nightly builds on my RPi2 after a fresh install and more or less everything else is working fine, but if I watch something on Netflix, video starts to stutter on a first complex scene with lots of movement, and audio de-syncs.

Thank you!

Yes it's too slow.

I tried netflix on my rpi2 too and had the same issues...

You'll be better of with rpi3 netflix is running fine on my rpi3
(2017-08-15, 13:07)RappaSan Wrote: Where is the config file in libreelec for the smb server part and where is the config file for the client to get e.g. video or music files from a network storage? How do i speed up the transfer?

I'm not sure if this is the information you're looking for as I don't know why you'd need to know the location of the libsmbclient config "to get e.g. video or music files from a network storage" - you should just add your sources using smb:// in the Kodi GUI (saved in /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml). Since network browsing may not be working just enter the full path ie. smb://yourserver/yourshare. As anonymous logins are no long working you should use a username/password - enter this in the dialog when prompted and enable the option to remember the username/password so it is saved in /storage/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml.

But anyway...

SMB Server: Create /storage/.config/samba.conf by copying /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample and then making your changes to /storage/.config/samba.conf
SMB Client: The config is /storage/.kodi/.smb.conf but you shouldn't edit this as it's overwritten the first time Kodi creates an SMB connection - put your own config in /storage/.kodi/.smb/user.conf
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-15, 20:15)kečiga Wrote: Is Raspberry Pi 2 too weak for Netflix plugin? I tried a couple of nightly builds on my RPi2 after a fresh install and more or less everything else is working fine, but if I watch something on Netflix, video starts to stutter on a first complex scene with lots of movement, and audio de-syncs.

Pi2 is too slow for 720p stream, but you can reduce that in inputstream.adaptive settings then it will play fine (at lower resolution).
Pi3 is fine with 720p.
(2017-08-15, 20:28)popcornmix Wrote:

Pi2 is too slow for 720p stream, but you can reduce that in inputstream.adaptive settings then it will play fine (at lower resolution).
Pi3 is fine with 720p.
So, no 1080p for RPi3?

I don't want to spend a lot so I'm weighing whether it is actually worthwhile to buy the RPi3 or wait a bit for some better cheap hardware. I have two TVs. One with RPi2 and Apple TV 2 (with Netflix app) and another one with a solo RPi2. So, upgrading to RPi3 would mean that I could watch Netflix on both TVs, but if it's only 720p, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Especially since I plan in the next year or so to upgrade one of the TV screens (shitty Philips 32", worst electronics purchase in my life, and I own Windows phones, so there's that.)
(2017-08-15, 20:36)kečiga Wrote: So, no 1080p for RPi3?

I don't want to spend a lot so I'm weighing whether it is actually worthwhile to buy the RPi3 or wait a bit for some better cheap hardware. I have two TVs. One with RPi2 and Apple TV 2 (with Netflix app) and another one with a solo RPi2. So, upgrading to RPi3 would mean that I could watch Netflix on both TVs, but if it's only 720p, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Especially since I plan in the next year or so to upgrade one of the TV screens (shitty Philips 32", worst electronics purchase in my life, and I own Windows phones, so there's that.)

Correct, 1080p is too much for RPi3 which has to decode/render the Netflix video in software (to be honest I can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p while watching at a normal viewing distance on 42" screen).

If you want 1080p Netflix without spending a lot then a cheap Android box might be your best bet.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24