v17 Stretched Video when playing back FULL SBS/OU video
When I put Kodi in 3D Mode and play HSBS & HTAB movies they play fine. When i play SBS/TAB movies, Kodi sees it as tho it is a HSBS/HTAB movie and will stretch the image. This results in a streched video.

I've found that while playing the video I can go to Video Settings -> Pixel Ratio, and set that to 0.5 to stretch the video to its normal aspect ratio. But since I also play very short 3D videos in front of the movie through a playlist, this is not an option. Setting this pixel ratio as default will screw up the aspect ratio of other videos.

Does any one know a solution to this? Would it be possible to tell Kodi to do the pixel ratio setting automatically when .SBS. or .FULLSBS. is found in the filename?
Author of Youtube Library | youtubelibrary.nl
YTLibrary lets you add yt channels / playlists to the Kodi Library as if it were tv shows, musicvideos or movies

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
You can do this with a quick edit of the video file header, with MKVToolNix, if it's an MKV.

Open MKVToolNix GUI, switch to the "Header Editor" on the left, add your video, expand "Video track 1", find "Video display width" and change it to 1920 (or 1280 if 720p) for side by side, or "Video display height" to 1080 or 720 for top and bottom. When I'm in here I also like to set "Video stereo mode", though I don't know if Kodi actually uses this value. See the official MKV specs for which values to use here.
(2017-08-16, 20:35)rmrector Wrote: You can do this with a quick edit of the video file header, with MKVToolNix, if it's an MKV.

Open MKVToolNix GUI, switch to the "Header Editor" on the left, add your video, expand "Video track 1", find "Video display width" and change it to 1920 (or 1280 if 720p) for side by side, or "Video display height" to 1080 or 720 for top and bottom. When I'm in here I also like to set "Video stereo mode", though I don't know if Kodi actually uses this value. See the official MKV specs for which values to use here.
Thank you for your reply. Forgive my ignorance here, but wont setting the Video display width to 1920 lose pixel information? Since i'm displaying to the active 3d beamer at 1080p24 (frame packed), the beamer is able to display a full 1920x1080 image per eye. Wont setting the video display width to 1920 for full-sbs make it a h-sbs effectively?
YTLibrary lets you add yt channels / playlists to the Kodi Library as if it were tv shows, musicvideos or movies

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
Not if it is actually being frame packed rather than sent to your display as SBS (sending SBS to the display in a 1080p frame will always act like half SBS, frame packing or a 4k display is a must). This should have much the same effect as changing the "Pixel Ratio" in Kodi, it's just picked up automatically.

Editing this header works quickly, even over a LAN share, and there is a box "Remove element" that you can check to revert back to the way it was, so it can be tested safely.
I don't have any problems with MVC Frame packed 3D on my Raspberry Pi 3 ... Kodi has an option to support MVC and use Full HD Resolution for 3D Frame packing.

SBS/TAB videos are not MVC (Multiview Video Coding), which are required for full frame 3D on a Pi (MakeMKV can rip them from disc). On a technical level they work so differently as to require different classes of hardware; MVC is possible to decode with hardware that is similar to what is necessary for a 1080p video (just clocked higher to basically hit a higher framerate), while full SBS (3840x1080) / TAB must be decoded with hardware that is similar to that needed for 4k videos (just requires less memory and memory bandwidth, as it only needs to decode 2x the frame size), and the Pis are definitely 1080p devices with extra clock speed.

It can be real finicky to get 3D just right, but is totally worth it; my 6 year old Sony projector has a far better 3D effect than any theater, even according to my movie buff friend, so this is something I've worked to perfect. Tron Legacy is the overwhelming favorite, all the CG and the subject are just perfectly visualized in 3D (you're looking through a window into another world!).
(2017-08-17, 05:22)SeVreN2013 Wrote: I don't have any problems with MVC Frame packed 3D on my Raspberry Pi 3 ... Kodi has an option to support MVC and use Full HD Resolution for 3D Frame packing.
Nice, I dont see that option on my pc. But i have a raspberry pi 3, so perhaps i should check kodi out on that device for playback.

(2017-08-17, 19:40)rmrector Wrote: SBS/TAB videos are not MVC (Multiview Video Coding), which are required for full frame 3D on a Pi (MakeMKV can rip them from disc). On a technical level they work so differently as to require different classes of hardware; ...
So do I understand correctly i have to convert to MVC instead of SBS MKV?
And will I be able to play them in 3D (full hd for each eye) on the pc & raspberry pi 3?

P.s. I have a 3d passive tv & a 3d active beamer setup to my pc. I watch 3d movies on the tv mostly, and on the beamer with company. I have the beamer connected through 3dtv play from nvidia & hardware mode in Kodi. The passive 3d is setup with 3d vision from nvidia & hardware mode in Kodi.

P.s.2
(2017-08-17, 19:40)rmrector Wrote: ...Tron Legacy is the overwhelming favorite, all the CG and the subject are just perfectly visualized in 3D (you're looking through a window into another world!).
You should check out the imax 3d movies. Especially Under The Sea. Like you say, looking through a window into another world!

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
Whoops, I had mistaken SeVreN2013's post for another from Sleuteltje.

(2017-08-17, 22:33)Sleuteltje Wrote: So do I understand correctly i have to convert to MVC instead of SBS MKV?
And will I be able to play them in 3D (full hd for each eye) on the pc & raspberry pi 3?

MVC videos can be displayed with full HD for each eye on a PC and are required for such on the Pi, but if you have a PC that can handle full SBS, MVC isn't 100% necessary and is even a bit more complicated to work with.

Kodi's official releases can't play MVC videos on anything that doesn't have direct hardware/SDK support for them (like the Pi), so on a PC you'll need this alternative MVC build. Other options for playing MVC videos are PowerDVD (I've been using this for awhile) and probably other Blu-ray player software, and madVR + lav filters, though I haven't tried that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stretched Video when playing back FULL SBS/OU video0