• 88(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
I've finally managed to get the latest version of Spotify installed, and I can log in and see all my music and browse spotify. For some reason, Connect isn't working. In fact, I'm able to listen to Spotify on Kodi and on another device at the same time, which I've never been able to do before. Having Connect would make this setup perfect. What am I missing?

- Hardware: RP3
- Kodi version: ?
- Addon version: 1.1.42

For others like me who are still trying to work out how to install Spotify, the trick is to add the repository (https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/addons.sup...-1.0.1.zip) as an add-on itself, then you'll see Spotify in the available add-ons for Music.
I've been using Spotify addon for a long time and I like it.
Now I use version 1.1.42 under Win10 on Kodi 17.3.
But since a while (several months) I see the following behavior:

When I awake my PC from suspend mode a system window pops up saying:
"spotty_64.exe funktioniert nicht mehr (doesn't work anymore)."
I have to close this window manually then everything works fine again. But I cannot close this window by
normal Kodi remote. I have to plugin a mouse which is annoying.
I have no idea where this message is coming from. There is no entry in Kodi logfile. Looks like
a Spotify own system message.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
Yes, I have it too. It happens seemingly random and only after quite a while. I get that message on a running system though and not when waking it up. It is mostly accompanied by stuttering in playback. I will see if I can come up with a log of some kind.
Hi Marcel

Thank you for your work on this. It gets a very great deal of use in our house!

The new version is working perfectly on a Libreelec Intel NUC but is causing significant problems on a Windows 7 platform (I3 NUC). Crashes at between 2:00 and 2:55 in any given song. Interestingly, on the same system, the previous implementation did not like anything over 7 minutes but that was a much rarer song and I do not have a log.

Hope this pastebin thing works...

https://pastebin.com/uWhY8E1i
An update from me:

HW in use, three boxes, AMLogic S905x, S912, S812. All these running Kodi 17.3 through 17.1 and LibreElec builds via KSZaq. Latest V1.1.42 addon working fine after playing Spotify playlists of 75 tunes or more, no drop outs as far as I can see. Went out and came back for many of the tests and the lists were still playing or had stopped within the addon as expected, so no restarts or premature termination of the addon or Kodi. All playing locally through HDMI and into Yamaha AV. Not tested any connect options,

If I notice anything untoward, then I'll post back here. Nice works Marcel Smile
hi,

I have tried to install spotify on Kodi 17.0 on a mediaplayer.

I uploaded https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.42.zip

I went to system > settings > addons > install from zip and choose the zip file
then I went to spotify > configure
and I entered my Spotify credentials.

The only thing I get is a list of 4 sub sections.
All are empty. My music - search - connections.

In connections it is suggested to connect to a another spotify app.
I can see the connecting device to search for but
Now there appears another problem.
I have installed on windows 10 kodi 17.3.
Here I installed once again spotify https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.42.zip
After the menu of spotify installed I get an error message of spotify_64.exe is not functioning.
Then the message appear regularly and pretty annoying.
I've tried to enter my credentials, and stored them. However, it says every time that my credentials are not loaded, and the error of spotify_64 comes up again.
So please help me with these two problems.

Is it necessary to have a second spotify app open. I thought that the app would allow me to have my own stand alone spotify playing under kodi.

In the future I would like to implement the spotify add-on on a raspberry PI 3 running under OSMC.

But first let me know how to solve these errors or what am i doing wrong.
I've only just found this and wanted to say

thank you

This addon works amazingly well and you've made my kodi experience complete.

btw, is there a way to get visualisations working with this? all i see is a background Big Grin
@marcelveldt now that the addon does not rely on libspotify anymore and is fully opensource (unless I missed something), have you considered submitting it to the official repo?
(2017-08-17, 21:55)Joontje Wrote: I've only just found this and wanted to say

thank you

This addon works amazingly well and you've made my kodi experience complete.

btw, is there a way to get visualisations working with this? all i see is a background Big Grin

Have a look at the addon Artist Slideshow. I've had some reasonable success with it and Spotify, as I guess Spotify uses the built in Kodi player? When the artist track changes, so does the background images. You can customise it and point it to your own images for fallback, as it doesn't always get the pictures. It even works on Radio station streams that update the now playing details. I believe there is a Wiki for it too, so have a read. Worse case is that you install it and it does nothing new, but do check the settings as it has quite a few.
Did you change something? Getting no sound so often now...or it breaks up..
Also he plays sounds twice very offen..
Please bro, make it Working again! Thats so great and useful! Smile
I can't login to the addon. It keeps asking for my credentials. I'm using the latest version and I get no explanation in the log file.
(2017-08-15, 07:55)moppi1988 Wrote: I've been using Spotify addon for a long time and I like it.
Now I use version 1.1.42 under Win10 on Kodi 17.3.
But since a while (several months) I see the following behavior:

When I awake my PC from suspend mode a system window pops up saying:
"spotty_64.exe funktioniert nicht mehr (doesn't work anymore)."
I have to close this window manually then everything works fine again. But I cannot close this window by
normal Kodi remote. I have to plugin a mouse which is annoying.
I have no idea where this message is coming from. There is no entry in Kodi logfile. Looks like
a Spotify own system message.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Meanwhile this issue appears more often and not only during wakeup but within playing music. Yesterday this error window popped up every 10 minutes. Once Kodi crashed completely.
I have the feeling this is related to weak internet connection. Could that be?
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
Just for the record, this is my configuration:

- Hardware: RP1
- Kodi version: 17.4-RC1
- Addon version: 1.1.42

And local playback is working OK. Thanks for this @marcelveldt!!
@marcelveldt

I have one long-standing wish for my library: I would like to integrate the local library from my NAS with that of Spotify. What I mean by this, is that when I browser to Music --> Artists, I do not only see the artists that are present on my NAS, but also the ones that I have saved in Spotify (either through "favorites" or playlist).

Do you know if this is even possible with the way Kodi works at this moment?
Often wished for feature, as far as i know it's not possible. I have four seperate music databases in kodi: local, spotify, google music, amazon prime music. No way to connect these as far as i know.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17