• 59(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
No Debug Log no issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You'll get one soon as an edit of this post. I tested both "shitty" versions available for download. They simply crash the very same way on my Stick. (My movies are all DVD files on hardisk, VIDEO_TS or ISO if this means anything) Over-Installing didn't work, but neither did installing from scratch. Right now, official build is re-installed, everything starts again without crash. I'll reinstall shitty vs. and give you the log link.

EDIT: The Debug Log Link: https//paste.ubuntu.com/25342782/
https//paste.ubuntu.com/25342814/

This is from the kodi-20170816-bc46b78-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk build. The other version acts the same, but I can of course provide log files for that one, too, if needed.
Yeah - I see. That's most likely caused by the "LiveTV mediacodec reopening" workaround and exactly the reason why this one was not merged into any mainline version. The "notsoshitty" build should cause the very same issue for you - right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for helping out. I'll try out the NotSoShitty and post the log again soon.

NotSoShitty didn't have the DTS re-implementation, amirite?

EDIT: You were right, kodi-20170816-455486f-notsoshitty-armeabi-v7a.apk crashes just the same every time I try to start a movie.
Do you need another log documenting the crash?
Nope. Will rebase shitty stuff to v18 and leave the old things alone :-)
As I like users quite a lot, especially those that buy the cheapest hardware and don't support standards, which will just increase the number of broken devices on the market ...

I made a new build:
v18shitty -> v18 version disabling FLOAT and using PCM-HACK
dtsshittyonly -> Krypton latest + pcm hack + float disable - nothing else

(will appear on the mirror in 30 minutes)
Well, I got an amazon prime account and only one hdmi slot on my TV left, so I feel kinda excused now, lol. Need one hdmi port for console, one for Bluray, one for PC, just one left.

I would buy a more expensive media player, but I don't know one that has SmartTV like Youtube, Netflix AND Amazon Prime and works good for Kodi DVD streaming, too.
I WON'T buy another expensive TV for this.

Looking forward for v18, thanks a lot.
(2017-08-19, 15:15)HerbertWest Wrote: I would buy a more expensive media player, but I don't know one that has SmartTV like Youtube, Netflix AND Amazon Prime and works good for Kodi DVD streaming, too.
An nVidia Shield would work wonders and more Smile
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
@Theetjuh

Ok thanks, good to know. Didn't know that one does amazon prime.

I see a hell of a lot of issues discussed with that thing in combination with kodi around here, too, though.
(2017-08-19, 15:50)HerbertWest Wrote: @Theetjuh

I see a hell of a lot of issues discussed with that thing in combination with kodi around here, too, though.

Do the builds I made for you work?
(2017-08-19, 15:50)HerbertWest Wrote: @Theetjuh

Have a look at this topic if you are looking for a device: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Don't know about any issues with the Shield, I always follow this topic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226

Good lucking picking the best device for you!
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
@fritsch

Will test this now.

EDIT: Ha! Tested the v18 and it starts the movies now.

I will need to test a little bit more to see if I still got the performance issues (singular dropouts every few minutes) I had with the 16.1 today.

But this is a very good start, thanks again! Smile
Ok, NO CRASHES with v18, yeah. But it seems sound behaves just like in 16.1 on my stick, so I can do DTS now and it doesn't have problems with DD2.0.
But I have another kind of audio problem, every few minutes audio drops out for a second or so. On DD5.1, the regular 17.3 never had dropout problems with 5.1.

Maybe something I can change within the KODI settings?

(I told about this in problem in another thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320110). This is why I wanted to try out shitty vs.

I'll try the DTSshittyonly now, just a moment.
No crashes with DTSshittyonly either, confirmed.

Will check the sound issues now.
(2017-08-19, 16:06)HerbertWest Wrote: @fritsch

Will test this now.

EDIT: Ha! Tested the v18 and it starts the movies now.

I will need to test a little bit more to see if I still got the performance issues (singular dropouts every few minutes) I had with the 16.1 today.

But this is a very good start, thanks again! Smile

Does the V18 version still carry the hearing risk warning?
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178