Is there ANY android box that can decode Kodi sound?
Hi, Im still in search for an Android box that can decode DTS HD Master and True HD in movie files(1080p 24hz) and send them out as LPCM 5.1 via HDMI correct.
Is there such a device, or should I stop searching.

My receiver where I want to connect this Android Box to is only capable of receiving LPCM 5.1 via HDMI, so Its not capable of handling those Losless Bitstream formats.

I know Nvidia Shield does the job as I have one, but I want one that is a few bucks cheaper. I know Himedia Q5 pro and Q10 Pro cant do it, I also have the Venz V10, and and no chance.

Thanks...
Look into the droidbox ts8 think that might

Sent from my SM-G920F
will check it out, tha hard part is to find a confirmation that is does, not many want LPCM out, most want passthrough Bitsstream.

I see is has Chipset S905, isnt that chipset known for NOT being able to do LPCM?
(2017-08-20, 15:30)hundrakg Wrote: I know Nvidia Shield does the job as I have one, but I want one that is a few bucks cheaper. I know Himedia Q5 pro and Q10 Pro cant do it, I also have the Venz V10, and and no chance.

Thanks...

The Shield does not decode any audio as it has no hardware decoders. Decoding is done in Kodi and then output as LPMC.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-20, 16:36)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 15:30)hundrakg Wrote: I know Nvidia Shield does the job as I have one, but I want one that is a few bucks cheaper. I know Himedia Q5 pro and Q10 Pro cant do it, I also have the Venz V10, and and no chance.

Thanks...

The Shield does not decode any audio as it has no hardware decoders. Decoding is done in Kodi and then output as LPMC.

ok, but is there any Android Box that can do this except Nvidia Shield?
@hundrakg - Have a read through this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
yes, but there is not much about LPCM via HDMI and android boxes, as there is probably very few that can do it..... but I will check there one more time.
WeTek Hub / Play2 and now the MINIX U9 (S912) can do Kodi HD audio to Multichannel PCM Audio output.
They have extra Audio support encoded into the Android HAL to support such PCM audio.

Any of the AMLogic S905 / S905x boxes running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton can also do this.
Most of those S905(x) devices also dual boot to Android.

ok, i will try that on my Venz V10 with amlogic S905, thanks..
ok, it worked to install the file: "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.5.img" into an USB Stick using LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 and I choose the option: Generic AMD/Intel/NVIDIA in the installation type menu....

As I said it works, and boots into Libre elec Kodi 17.4.....Im using the "Reboot to Libreelec" APP,,,, but I have no chance testing the sound today, will do that tomorrow....

Is that the right way?
Or do I have to use Rufus Installer instead? to install the "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.5.img" into an USB Stick
All boxes running Kodi can do DTS-HD to PCM, as Kodi does it purely in software.
Not sure what wrxtasy talks about regarding "additional amlogic support", really
I'm talking about > 2.0 Multichannel PCM audio output from the device itself, excluding Kodi / SPMC.
You will find most cheap Android devices cannot do that. 2.0 PCM only.

U9 for example could not output Multichannel PCM until a recent Firmware update.
Xiaomi Mi Box still cannot do Multichannel.

Oh, yeah, right. Forgot that aml issue...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there ANY android box that can decode Kodi sound?0