Playlist will not reflect changes
Here's the deal, zeal:
I have Keith Jarrett's Facing You in it's folder but they're all mp3's. Find the album/select it, start playing. Realize this REALLY needs to be re-ripped.
Re-rip the CD as flac, move the mp3's into a folder under the albums folder, and add the flac's in their place.
Rescan.
Now I've 2 copies of the same track.
Delete the folder that has the mp3's in it and rescan.
STILL 2 of each each track.
I've tried everything except that which works, to show only one set - the flac files.
WHAT am I not doing?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Have you run a Clean Library in Settings>Media Settings?

Quote:Re-rip the CD as flac, move the mp3's into a folder under the albums folder, and add the flac's in their place.
But if the mp3 are still in the source path, Kodi will see them. They need to be moved outside the source path.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-23, 22:35)Karellen Wrote: Have you run a Clean Library in Settings>Media Settings?

Quote:Re-rip the CD as flac, move the mp3's into a folder under the albums folder, and add the flac's in their place.
But if the mp3 are still in the source path, Kodi will see them. They need to be moved outside the source path.

They are not in the path any longer. I can no oonger find "Clean Libeary" either.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Clean Library- Settings>Media Settings>Library

Your statement indicates they are still in the Kodi Source path. You state that you moved the mp3's into a folder under the albums folder. The albums folder is in the Source path, that means your new mp3's folder is still in the source path
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-24, 00:34)Karellen Wrote: Clean Library- Settings>Media Settings>Library

Your statement indicates they are still in the Kodi Source path. You state that you moved the mp3's into a folder under the albums folder. The albums folder is in the Source path, that means your new mp3's folder is still in the source path

If you look again, I noted (maybe not clearly) that I deleted the folder and rescaned.

Clean the dB and they're still there, weird.
SageTV, Kodi.
Oops, you are right. It was there.

Just confirm you used the correct "Clean Library" There are two, one for Videos and one for Music.

Time to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run a music update library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
My Signature
I think I understand without seeing a log Smile

Kodi music library is designed to support removeable storage devices e.g. people have music on a USB stick or portable drive. Hence if during a library update it can not find the related physical media Kodi does not remove the item from the library. Deleting a folder and rescanning will not remove albums or songs (that looks the same as a temporary missing storage device), to do that you have to use clean library from the System Settings.

However the sequence you took that led to creating a duplicate entry (one mp3 the other FLAC), has produced a state that confuses the clean-up process. It has been pointed out before that Kodi does not make it easy to remove/correct individual items - a kind of library management facility. All I can say is I know, but my todo list is infinite!

OK, so how can we get it down to one copy of that album without completely rebuilding the library from scratch....
Try this sequence:
  • Move all folders with that album away from the music source path(s) that Kodi knows about.
  • Go to System>Media Settings>Library -> Music Library section -> and Clean Library. At the end the album should be gone from the lib.
  • Move the FLAC files back into the music source path, and run "update library" from the side blade.

Feedback how that goes.
(2017-08-24, 09:14)DaveBlake Wrote: I think I understand without seeing a log Smile

Kodi music library is designed to support removeable storage devices e.g. people have music on a USB stick or portable drive. Hence if during a library update it can not find the related physical media Kodi does not remove the item from the library. Deleting a folder and rescanning will not remove albums or songs (that looks the same as a temporary missing storage device), to do that you have to use clean library from the System Settings.

However the sequence you took that led to creating a duplicate entry (one mp3 the other FLAC), has produced a state that confuses the clean-up process. It has been pointed out before that Kodi does not make it easy to remove/correct individual items - a kind of library management facility. All I can say is I know, but my todo list is infinite!

One can only imagine .....

(2017-08-24, 09:14)DaveBlake Wrote: OK, so how can we get it down to one copy of that album without completely rebuilding the library from scratch....
Try this sequence:
  • Move all folders with that album away from the music source path(s) that Kodi knows about.
  • Go to System>Media Settings>Library -> Music Library section -> and Clean Library. At the end the album should be gone from the lib.
  • Move the FLAC files back into the music source path, and run "update library" from the side blade.

Feedback how that goes.

Didn't. Undecided

Did it three times - before and after your kind message. I moved the Folder "Facing You" off the drive. Searched for anything ON that drive, like that - nothing.

Cleaned, cleaned again, then re-scanned. It was still there, in duplicate, the difference being instead of the album art, the was a Video Icon for the art.

I'll get the log shortly. In case it makes a difference, it's set up as portable and I'm using the version with DSPlayer integrated (just thought of that, need to put in my sig).

The thing is, I HAVE had this problem before (I'm re-ripping a lot of my stuff) and just highlighted the entry and deleted it - can't do that now.

**************************************** UPdate *****************************************

Maybe if I'd cleaned the MUSIC database, instead of the VIDEO database, I'd have saved EVERYONE a bit of effort. Blush
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-08-24, 15:55)RBraverman Wrote: The thing is, I HAVE had this problem before (I'm re-ripping a lot of my stuff) and just highlighted the entry and deleted it - can't do that now.
Now totally confused, as I don't think the music lib has ever had that kind of feature.

Can you upload your music60.db file somewhere. I could poke about and see if that reveals anything.
(2017-08-24, 15:59)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 15:55)RBraverman Wrote: The thing is, I HAVE had this problem before (I'm re-ripping a lot of my stuff) and just highlighted the entry and deleted it - can't do that now.
Now totally confused, as I don't think the music lib has ever had that kind of feature.

It might not be there, might have been something else. I've got my hands and head into 10 things at once and usually loose track .....

(2017-08-24, 15:59)DaveBlake Wrote: Can you upload your music60.db file somewhere. I could poke about and see if that reveals anything.

See my update above .............

On another note: Is there anything. that can tell me what I have that ISN'T in the database? Like the "Export Missing" in the video Section? I've SOOOOOOO much classical that I know isn't labeled correctly.
SageTV, Kodi.
I don't like the way those settings are arranged, yes the music ones vanish off the page. You are not the first or last person to clean (repeatedly) the wrong library.

Do I take it that the duplicate has now gone?

EDIT
New question split into a new thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320436
(2017-08-24, 16:20)DaveBlake Wrote: I don't like the way those settings are arranged, yes the music ones vanish off the page. You are not the first or last person to clean (repeatedly) the wrong library.

Yeah, I cleaned that so much you could eat off it.

Without too much duplication I'm not sure how you'd arrange the menu, maybe amore/additional item that denotes MORE....?

(2017-08-24, 16:20)DaveBlake Wrote: Do I take it that the duplicate has now gone?

Yes. I did all that you requested, but - as we/I NOW know - I was cleaning the wrong library.... why not just have an option at the top of the Library section TO clean all?

[quote='DaveBlake' pid='2636763' dateline='1503584407']
EDIT
New question split into a new thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320436

Thanks for that AND for your help on this! I'll head over.
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist will not reflect changes0