v17 Music play - audio codec information
Hi
Is there are way of establishing the audio stream properties during music play?

I find to enjoy music more when assured that the audio is of high quality Tongue
moved to music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Currently no technical info about songs is stored in the music database, so all you can get is an indication from the file extension (mp3, flac, and so on). However, once playback is started technical details are available for display by a skin:

BitRate
Channels
BitsPerSample
SampleRate
Codec

scott s.
(2017-08-25, 01:36)scott967 Wrote: Currently no technical info about songs is stored in the music database, so all you can get is an indication from the file extension (mp3, flac, and so on). However, once playback is started technical details are available for display by a skin:

BitRate
Channels
BitsPerSample
SampleRate
Codec

scott s.

Yes, I am after the during play information - how do I get it to show? Do I need a specific skin type?
Which skin are you currently using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-25, 23:41)Karellen Wrote: Which skin are you currently using?

I am using Confluence..., do not like the others much.
Now that we all learned that skins can read the audio stream parameters - is there a skin that takes advantage of that and actually show the info?
Nox 5 Silvio, titan, madnox, aeonmq, mimic, and so on Smile

But if you need to see the different, and can't hear it, it doesn't really matter ;P
I've done some work on that for my Aeon MQ5 Leiamod, you might also check out Aeon MQ 7 and its mods (for Krypton or Leia), shows it a little differently. It seems to me it would be more useful to have audio quality available as a filter, but that would mean a database change to extract and save the details (like streamdetails for video).

scott s.
(2017-09-06, 00:44)scott967 Wrote: It seems to me it would be more useful to have audio quality available as a filter, but that would mean a database change to extract and save the details (like streamdetails for video).
Yes, I agree. On my todo list and likely for v18 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music play - audio codec information0