• 132(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-08-27, 19:24)hausmanis Wrote: "If you need to use Kodi Krypton with reliable TvHeadend deinterlacing, buy an extra AMLogic S905(x) box for LibreELEC and use a MINIX A2 lite remote with it."

thanks and the play2 qualifies for this right ?
Any AMLogic S805 / S802 / S812 / S905 / S905X / S905D box with OSMC or LibreELEC will give you reliable deinterlacing with Kodi Krypton and TvHeadend use. Android TV also has a Live Channels App - and a companion TvHeadend App that interfaces with that Channels App.

You can then view Live TV from any networked TvHeadend server with Live Channels.
Play2 Android TV ROM from @Ricardo also includes a TvHeadend server as part of the package. That combo also produces high quality deinterlaced TV.

Alright so basicly whatever AMlogic i choose will be equally good with libreelec ? no amlogic is better than any other ? so basicly the wetek play2 i ordered is the best possible hardware to run libreelec on ?
If one buys 2 boxes, namely, a Mecool (dedicated to LE) and other AML S912 for Android TV use, plus the Minix A2 Lite, how they are controlled? That is, first each one must be turn on by specific remote, right? Second, only after they can be controlled through Minix A2?
There is the remote Mele F10 that can learn some buttons. Is this a safe alternative to A2?

Regarding the Wetek Play 2, the fact of having a all-in-one system is very attractive, but it is Android 5 and a S905. For new Android games, this will be a limiting factor. So, WP2 might not be a good choice for both Android and LE.

In my case, Netflix is not considered since my ISP provides a Netflix channel for subscribers through their TV box.
Anyone know if the smart TV Netflix / HBO ect apps supports 5.1 or 7.1 sound ? personally using the samsung ks9800
(2017-08-27, 15:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Just for info.... AMLogic devices:

Working Android TV 1080p Netflix + 5.1 Audio if that is important:

- Xiaomi Mi Box
- MECOOL M8S Pro +

Currently Android TV Netflix is Broken on the WeTek Hub & Play2 - until WeTek fix it hopefully.

MECOOL:

I bought mine from Geekbuying. No idea about shipping to Europe.

You need the 2GB/16GB version for a decent Android box.

I have 2.4GHz only N Band WiFi now working on the ATV ROM on the MECOOL. I would not rely on it tho due to possible WiFi interference issues @ 2.4GHz. BT still does not work. But work is being done to add support using a v4.0 CSR (Cambridge) BT USB Dongle.

I also have Bluetooth working in LibreELEC only currently on the MECOOL with a dirt cheap v4.0 CSR BT USB Dongle.
WiFi is not working with LE on this box.

If DIY (Nougat) Android TV dual boot LibreELEC & A2 lite remote on MECOOL does not satisfy, then buy a companion cheap Xiaomi Mi Box for Android TV. Use MECOOL for LibreELEC only.

WeTek Play2 currently has the best unofficial ATV ROM, but beware broken ATV Netflix.

If not wanting to DIY, and needing Android TV - then buy a all in one hardware package - NVIDIA Shield.

Otherwise the MINIX U9 is a decent Android package as well. Kodi Krypton works nicely with minor VC-1 and Major TvHeadend PVR issues.
It also has a nice Android TV ROM, now with working 1080p Netflix. Beware the MINIX A3 lite remote wake from sleep issues. (click)
Snappy Box the U9, the fastest of all the AMLogic's Wink

Now that my minix NEO X8-H Plus has started to fail I am looking at a new box. The mecool seem good for the price, but was wondering if the 912 version M8S Pro would be better for longevity?? Kodi 18?
(2017-08-27, 22:10)hausmanis Wrote: Anyone know if the smart TV Netflix / HBO ect apps supports 5.1 or 7.1 sound ? personally using the samsung ks9800

Our Sony UHD pre-Android TV Smart outputs 5.1 over ARC to our AVR.
Guys you need to do some self research over on the Freaktab website regarding cheap AML S912's ATV ROM's, Firmware quality and compatibility for Krypton and alternate Wireless controllers. Do NOT buy S912's with Marshmallow Firmware, worst combo on the market.

(2017-08-27, 21:47)jonascotch Wrote: Regarding the Wetek Play 2, the fact of having a all-in-one system is very attractive, but it is Android 5 and a S905.
WeTek Play2 has been running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware for months now already.

(2017-08-27, 22:53)JamesGrey Wrote: Now that my minix NEO X8-H Plus has started to fail I am looking at a new box. The mecool seem good for the price, but was wondering if the 912 version M8S Pro would be better for longevity?? Kodi 18?
You can run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on an AMLogic S812-H MINIX NEO X8-H from a SD card and it will be a snappy setup if you use a Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk Class 10 U1 microSDHC. There is also Android Lollipop Bets Firmware available from MINIX under final testing for the X8-H Plus.

The S812 actually has a better GPU than the S905 which results in a snappier GUI and better at games.

See the LibreELEC AMLogic Subforum, the S802/S812 thread for a LE image to run on that device.

Sorry, I came to a little doubt re-reading the post:

"WeTek keeps remote power button at boot time to flip flop between LibreELEC << - >> Android. System remembers last selection.
Regular S905 (x) dual boot. Boot into LibreELEC first - every time and select "Reboot to Internal" from the Power Menu for Android.

There is no "Reboot to internal" if you use any other Skin then the standard Krypton one code.

Remove SD card with both systems - boot straight into internal Android. "

The dual bot, Android - LibreELEC, are identical between S905 and S905x CPU ?
No.
There is no WeTek S905X either.

Only WeTek allows this:
Quote:WeTek > keep remote power button pressed at boot time to flip flop between LibreELEC << - >> Android. System remembers last selection for when you reboot again.

You can also use other LibreELEC Kodi Krypton Skins with WeTek and still dual boot without leaving your armchair.

On all other S905 /S905X boxes when using alternate LibreELEC Kodi Skins - you would physically have to eject the SD card from the box to reboot into internal Android. Dual boot in that alternate Skin scenario is broken.

A Mecool M8S box needs a specific TV tunner for Tvheadend to work?
That question is a complete can of worms on AMLogic devices because of the old Linux Kernel they are using. Some USB Tuners may work with LibreELEC or then again they may not. You cannot just Plug n Play.

Ask over in the LibreELEC forums which ATSC / DVB tuners are needed for your particular part of the world. Then also ask which tuners are working when using AMLogic S905 LibreELEC Kodi Krypton would be my suggestion.

For AMLogic Android forget about it - get a Play2 or other Android device that has known working inbuilt internal tuners.

People usually run a dedicated, external TvHeadend server box.
If you want something that you know will work with a whole bunch of different TV Tuners use LibreELEC on old Intel or RPi hardware. Those devices run a modern Linux Kernel.

TV Tuner hardware setup and support is really beyond the scope of this thread.

(2017-08-28, 06:18)wrxtasy Wrote: No.
There is no WeTek S905X either.

Only WeTek allows this:
Quote:WeTek > keep remote power button pressed at boot time to flip flop between LibreELEC << - >> Android. System remembers last selection for when you reboot again.

You can also use other LibreELEC Kodi Krypton Skins with WeTek and still dual boot without leaving your armchair.

On all other S905 /S905X boxes when using alternate LibreELEC Kodi Skins - you would physically have to eject the SD card from the box to reboot into internal Android. Dual boot in that alternate Skin scenario is broken.

Thank you, thank you very much for asking why I did not understand.

I did not refer to the WeTek box, I was talking about all boxes with S905 / S905X CPU.

I thought that on all boxes with S905X CPU the dual boot LibreELEC - Android. Was managed by the LibreELEC internal menu:

"Regular S905 (x) dual boot. Boot into LibreELEC first - every time and select" Reboot to Internal "from the Power Menu for Android."

Aside from WeTek, the only exception is for the MECOOL M8S PRO
(2017-08-28, 12:51)marck120 Wrote: I thought that on all boxes with S905X CPU the dual boot LibreELEC - Android. Was managed by the LibreELEC internal menu:

"Regular S905 (x) dual boot. Boot into LibreELEC first - every time and select" Reboot to Internal "from the Power Menu for Android."
Well that is what I thought until i discovered there is no "Reboot to internal" Krypton Menu option on any other Krypton Skin apart from the standard Estuary one. If you are happy being limited to the Estuary Skin only you will be fine.

(2017-08-28, 06:18)wrxtasy Wrote: On all other S905 /S905X boxes when using alternate LibreELEC Kodi Skins - you would physically have to eject the SD card from the box to reboot into internal Android. Dual boot in that alternate Skin scenario is broken.

(2017-08-28, 12:59)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 12:51)marck120 Wrote: I thought that on all boxes with S905X CPU the dual boot LibreELEC - Android. Was managed by the LibreELEC internal menu:

Well that is what I thought until i discovered there is no "Reboot to internal" Krypton Menu option on any other Krypton Skin apart from the standard Estuary one. If you are happy being limited to the Estuary Skin only you will be fine.

(2017-08-28, 06:18)wrxtasy Wrote: On all other S905 /S905X boxes when using alternate LibreELEC Kodi Skins - you would physically have to eject the SD card from the box to reboot into internal Android. Dual boot in that alternate Skin scenario is broken.

Libreelec is the modified version of kodi called Krypton kodi ?

Forgive me so much, with google translator I can not understand

"Apart from the standard Estuary one. If you are happy to be limited to the Estuary Skin you will be fine."

What does it mean. "Estuary" ?
https://kodi.tv/article/brand-new-look-f...i-versions

• 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28