• 10(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
(2017-05-29, 09:44)ian1095 Wrote: How about adding the facility to login to the Discovery Network then for those that have not yet cut the cord entirely, but wish to try to use legitimate addons too ?

I was asked about this some time ago, and answered in post #99:

(2016-12-03, 15:49)MetalChris Wrote: Yes, this can be done, and I have from time to time thought about doing so, however there are reasons I have not (yet) done this:

As a cordcutter, I do not have the required credentials to access the locked episodes, so instead I focus on making add-ons that offer free (and legal) content without any type of paid cable or satellite subscripton credentials required.

In cases such as yours, and as a general workaround, you might try using the Chrome Launcher add-on to access and log in to the Discovery website through Kodi. It would not be quite as smooth as accessing the content through this add-on, but it would allow you to view the locked content from within Kodi, and without the need for AirPlay.

It's still possible that I might work on this in the future, but for now, the add-on will remain the same.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2017-05-08, 02:25)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 16:04)Eye in the sky Wrote: Seems to be broken again with Kodi Krypton Android.

Debug Log Kodi

Fine with SPMC.

Debug Log SPMC

Crap, this problem again. Sad

Comparing the logs you posted previously, and the more recent ones, I'm seeing the same thing. The add-on hands off the stream to ffmpeg, then ffmpeg borks.

From previous debug:

Code:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://some.video.link.here
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [tls] The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment
DEBUG: Error, could not open file
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

From most recent debug:

Code:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://some.video.link.here
INFO: ffmpeg[55809098]: [hls,applehttp] No longer receiving playlist 6
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment
DEBUG: Error, could not open file
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

The only difference I see in the various log files posted is that Krypton uses ffmpeg version 3.1-kodi and SPMC uses version 2.8.6-kodi, the Shield has android 6.0 while the Fire TV Stick runs 5.1.1, and the Shield is 64 bit. Although this problem did seem to 'fix' itself a few weeks ago, as indicated in this post, so I'm not convinced it is an ffmpeg, or android version issue.

It does seem as though there might be some type of connectivity issue going on here, though I'm not ready to dismiss this as such (at least not yet). I just don't have the android hardware available to do any Krypton testing. I am in need of a newer tablet though, so perhaps in the near future I'll be able to do some direct testing.

So for now, I'll have to leave you with the same advice as last time - if SPMC is working, then stay with it. Sorry, I know that's not any more helpful now than it was before. I'll keep this on my to-do list though, maybe in the coming weeks I'll have some better news.

Same issue now with SPMC 17 (Alpha).

Debug Log

By the way, thanks for the new standalone The CW Add-on, working nicely on all systems.
(2017-06-26, 13:47)Eye in the sky Wrote: Same issue now with SPMC 17 (Alpha).

Debug Log

Yep, exact same error.

Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[54C13168]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment

Hopefully it's just an Alpha issue and clears up by the time the final release is out.

(2017-06-26, 13:47)Eye in the sky Wrote: By the way, thanks for the new standalone The CW Add-on, working nicely on all systems.

Thanks for the feedback! Smile

Saw your post about USTV VoD and started poking around in the code, looking for ideas. I think @Lunatixz is right, the core code is too old (and way over my head), and probably needs a complete overhaul. Just wish there were more episodes available from the CW, some of their DC comic shows are fun to watch. Not sure why they only allow 5 episodes.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I have Kodi on a fire stick. This add-on was working flawlessly. It's now gone. I can't find it in your add-ons. What an I doing wrong?
Discovery Channels is working again on Android with Kodi 18 Alpha.
(2017-06-28, 02:57)Cweldy Wrote: I have Kodi on a fire stick. This add-on was working flawlessly. It's now gone. I can't find it in your add-ons. What an I doing wrong?

With so little information, it is hard to even speculate. Please provide a link to a debug log (wiki).

(2017-06-28, 12:16)Eye in the sky Wrote: Discovery Channels is working again on Android with Kodi 18 Alpha.

Excellent! Thanks for the update!
I can't get the Discovery Channels to work in Jarvis or Krypton in Android. Working for anybody else?

I have the latest version in both.

Thanks
Rocko
(2017-07-04, 23:39)rocko Wrote: I can't get the Discovery Channels to work in Jarvis or Krypton in Android. Working for anybody else?

Thanks
Rocko

Just watched a show about Pearl Harbor on American Heroes Network. I've tried videos on all the channels and it seems to be working fine here.

Could you post a link to a debug log (wiki)?
(2017-07-05, 05:40)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 23:39)rocko Wrote: I can't get the Discovery Channels to work in Jarvis or Krypton in Android. Working for anybody else?

Thanks
Rocko

Just watched a show about Pearl Harbor on American Heroes Network. I've tried videos on all the channels and it seems to be working fine here.

Could you post a link to a debug log (wiki)?

Sorry i made a dumb mistake.I figured it out, works fine.

Thanks
(2017-07-06, 05:25)rocko Wrote: Sorry i made a dumb mistake.I figured it out, works fine.

Thanks

Thanks for the follow up. There are no dumb mistakes - as long as you learn from them! Wink
Hi metal Chris, your add-on is not working on Libreelec 8.0.2e kszaq build on KII Pro device.
I live in Germany. Is it geo restricted? Is the add-on working for you?
(2017-07-15, 20:46)plikmuny Wrote: Hi metal Chris, your add-on is not working on Libreelec 8.0.2e kszaq build on KII Pro device.
I live in Germany. Is it geo restricted? Is the add-on working for you?

As noted in the first post of this thread, yes, the content is region blocked for the U.S. only. Sorry. You might want to try my Quest TV add-on. It has a lot of similar programming, and I do not believe the content is region blocked. It was made at the request of @Eye in the sky, who I believe also lives in Germany.
Hi, I have tried to download this on my Red Rhino, and keep getting an error message. It runs fine on my laptop with kodi krypton. Just wondering why, and what I can do to fix it.
(2017-08-11, 02:20)Brookpike Wrote: Hi, I have tried to download this on my Red Rhino, and keep getting an error message. It runs fine on my laptop with kodi krypton. Just wondering why, and what I can do to fix it.

This is the first I've heard of a Red Rhino. After some quick research, I see a lot of negative reviews, and if I'm not mistaken these devices actually do not run Kodi, but rather a customized fork of Kodi.

In any event, without a debug log (wiki), I can't really offer any useful advice.
Hey Chris, I started using your addon 2 days ago but I seem to be unable to view the clips, i.e. from Discovery Channel.
I'm in the UK and can view the clips from Discovery.com without any VPN or anything in my browser, i.e. https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/
When I try from the addon:

Code:
19:47:29.968 T:10324   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.discovery-channels\addon.py", line 631, in <module>
                                                other_shows(url, iconimage)
                                              File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.discovery-channels\addon.py", line 230, in other_shows
                                                soup = BeautifulSoup(html,'html5lib').find_all("ul",{"class":"show-list"})[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:47:30.012 T:9900   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdiscovery.png&mode=533&name=Discovery%20Channel%20Video%20Clips%20Sorted%20by%20Show&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.discovery.com%2fvideos%2f
19:47:30.012 T:9900   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdiscovery.png&mode=533&name=Discovery%20Channel%20Video%20Clips%20Sorted%20by%20Show&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.discovery.com%2fvideos%2f) failed
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1