• 72(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-08-21, 23:14)marcoooo Wrote: am i missing something

using the ael matrix view but the trailers are not showing

they are in the trailers folder and extension is mp4 and named exactly as the game

version 0.9.6

Code for showing trailers is still not in Estuary AEL MOD, sorry. I got a video collection for MAME from Pleasuredome and I will make it working ASAP (but it will take some weeks). Trailer support works in Arctic Zephyr Plus I believe.

To everyone: I have notice that some of you are requesting AEL support to skin authors, and skins authors are refusing to add it on the basis that Leia will include Retroplayer support. You can answer something on the line like this:

Quote:According to Garbear, Kodi Leia won't have a Games database, only the ability to play ROMs. Hence, ROMs will show like files in the filesystem browser with no metadata or artwork whatsoever. Once Kodi gets a Games database it is likely that both supported metadata and games artwork/assets will be very similar, if not identical, to what AEL has now. Including support for AEL in your skin now will pave the way to create the Game content type views once Kodi M*** or N**** gets the Games database.
thnx for this information

i was looking for the code to add it to another skin Smile

so i have to wait a moment
(2017-08-22, 10:57)marcoooo Wrote: thnx for this information

i was looking for the code to add it to another skin Smile

so i have to wait a moment

Forgot to say: Confluence AEL MOD does show the trailers. Have a look there.
thnx that gave me what i needed
Thanks for this fantastic plug in, I use it daily on Windows with Arctic: Zephyr Plus. I do not know if it is related to the plug in or the skin but I have some questions:

What are those icons ?, How can I translate into Spanish, Cover, Backcover, Title, Snapshot and Cartridge? Any chance to add ScreenScraper as an option to scrape metadata?, they have in spanish and is my native language, thanks in advance.

(2017-08-24, 04:00)mzzc Wrote: Thanks for this fantastic plug in, I use it daily on Windows with Arctic: Zephyr Plus. I do not know if it is related to the plug in or the skin but I have some questions:

What are those icons ?, How can I translate into Spanish, Cover, Backcover, Title, Snapshot and Cartridge? Any chance to add ScreenScraper as an option to scrape metadata?, they have in spanish and is my native language, thanks in advance.

Hi,

The icons are AEL's flags: the [tags] added at the end of the ROM. I think the Dolly sheep means ROM is a Clone ROM. I'm not sure about the other one. You can enable the rendering of the flags in the ROM title in AEL settings so you can guess the meaning of the icons, or use Estuary AEL MOD which renders flags as text icons.

To translate skin labels like Cover, Backcover, etc. you have to edit the code of the skin and add the strings into a PO file (I think, I'm not an expert skinner).

ScreenScraper: what is that? Can you provide an URL? I will consider it for a scraper if it's interesting for everyone (that is, it has a vast collection of artwork and metadata for many platforms). I'm not adding an scraper myself just on the basis of the language of the metadata: however, patches are welcome Wink
(2017-08-24, 06:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote: ScreenScraper: what is that? Can you provide an URL? I will consider it for a scraper if it's interesting for everyone (that is, it has a vast collection of artwork and metadata for many platforms). I'm not adding an scraper myself just on the basis of the language of the metadata: however, patches are welcome Wink

This is the Scraper we talk about few weeks ago. !! Smile

(2017-07-26, 18:11)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 12:09)yevaman44 Wrote: Hi, It's me again !

It's for a little request this time :

Do you know https://www.screenscraper.fr/. It's a big french team of arcade lovers wich doing very great screenshot and the DB is very big.
With their own tool ( universal XML scraper v2) I've found ALL my roms. It's seems far better and complete than arcade Db or other scrapper included in AEL.
You can have screenshot whith three in all ( Box marque +screenshtot)
It's beautiful and the scrapper can also be in french, in deutsh and spain.

Can you take a look a teir APi to had thiis in a future release ?
Are you interested ?

That site looks very interesting! I will consider it for a future Online scraper.

AEL Arcade/MAME scraper is custom-made and based on MAME's XML output. The MAME version shipped with AEL 0.9.6 is 0.183. There could be a few arcade ROMs that will not have correct metadata (the ones added/renamed between MAME version 0.183 and current MAME 0.197) but apart from that AEL scrapper should be top-in-the-class (with the exception of plot, which is not yet included).

AEL No-Intro/Redump scraper is in development, and will use a combination of official DAT files plus several data sources. Once it is finished it should be 99.9% accurate. I will need some help from the community in fine-tuning the database XML once it's finished (around AEL version 0.9.8 or 0.9.9).
Wintermute,

I launch from the home screen of Titan skin. All launchers work correctly except hdhomerun. The harmony remote looses control of Kodi when returning to home screen. I am unable to navigate, unless I move the mouse to regain focus. Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10 creators update.

Thanks
(2017-08-24, 06:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Hi,

The icons are AEL's flags: the [tags] added at the end of the ROM. I think the Dolly sheep means ROM is a Clone ROM. I'm not sure about the other one. You can enable the rendering of the flags in the ROM title in AEL settings so you can guess the meaning of the icons, or use Estuary AEL MOD which renders flags as text icons.

To translate skin labels like Cover, Backcover, etc. you have to edit the code of the skin and add the strings into a PO file (I think, I'm not an expert skinner).

ScreenScraper: what is that? Can you provide an URL? I will consider it for a scraper if it's interesting for everyone (that is, it has a vast collection of artwork and metadata for many platforms). I'm not adding an scraper myself just on the basis of the language of the metadata: however, patches are welcome Wink

Thanks for the info, about screenscraper, screenscraper is a French site similar to thegamesdb used mostly by the community of retropie and recalbox, has images and metadata in different languages including German, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. I leave the link for you to see:
https://screenscraper.fr/

Saludos, Smile
(2017-08-24, 16:36)teedo42 Wrote: Wintermute,

I launch from the home screen of Titan skin. All launchers work correctly except hdhomerun. The harmony remote looses control of Kodi when returning to home screen. I am unable to navigate, unless I move the mouse to regain focus. Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10 creators update.

Thanks

A lad had the same problem some time ago. I told him to use a small Windows utility program that can set the focus on applications from the command line. You will need to create a BAT wrapper script to launch hdhomerun to return the focus to Kodi after hdhomerun finishes. Search in this thread, you will find the answer here (sorry I don't remember exactly the post).
(2017-08-24, 22:11)mzzc Wrote: Thanks for the info, about screenscraper, screenscraper is a French site similar to thegamesdb used mostly by the community of retropie and recalbox, has images and metadata in different languages including German, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. I leave the link for you to see:
https://screenscraper.fr/

Saludos, Smile

OK, I remember know. Yes, Screenscraper is in AEL's TODO list but it will take some weeks.
(2017-08-22, 19:23)marcoooo Wrote: thnx that gave me what i needed

Hi marcoooo, I have added Trailer support to the Matrix view in AEL Estuary MOD. Have a look at this commit for the implementation.

Technicalities: I saw your thread about adding trailers to a view. In there Kodser told you about the <control type="videowindow"> and as you know that has the side effect that the trailer is rendered in the videowindow and the background. In Arctic Zephyr you can use the skin setting global.showvideo to disable rendering videos in the background. However, Estuary doesn't have such setting so I had to do some extra modding on MyPrograms.xml to completely disable rendering videos on the background when showing a programs addon. I don't know yet if this will have some side effects but currently it seems to work well.
Hello,

How can I remove the "[Browse Offline Scrapper]" Icon from the Category list?
(2017-08-28, 20:39)ibanana Wrote: Hello,

How can I remove the "[Browse Offline Scrapper]" Icon from the Category list?

It's been fixed in Github but ... the development version now is unstable. You will need to upgrade the databases with "Check/upgrade all databases ..." and this is irreversible. If you want to roll back to 0.9.6 you will need to make a backup of PLUGIN_DATA_DIR first.
I have updated Estuary AEL MOD to add a link to Advanced Emulator Launcher in the Home menu and a couple of widgets.

• 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12