• 137(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
you also have vero 4k?Btw whats ur experience using mi box for kodi?If u do this
Guys correct me if i am wrong.Minix neo U1 can dual boot and run libreelec from micro sd right?127 euro with A2 lite airmouse!and as i know it has dynamic refresh rate right?
MINIX NEO U1 = S905

Please consult the pre compiled Post outlining the working features that come with that chipset...

What works with any AMLogic S905 / S905X / S905D box running LibreELEC ( or OSMC):

and everything to do with AMLogic Dual booting has already been written as well....

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options:

(2017-08-31, 13:54)rapart Wrote: you also have vero 4k?Btw whats ur experience using mi box for kodi?If u do this

Its pretty good for beeing Android but still got all the Android limitations, vero 4k is far superiour for Kodi use
so i have to choose from wetek,raspi and minix....no wonder for money what device would you pick mostly for kodi use?which one is most all in one?all of these are supported as i can read.and also i have read all posts.just want someone who knows to answer better
I think you better wait, because there is always new technology just around the corner and by the time you purchase something now it will be obsolete tomorrow Wink

In the meantime a bunch of us will be enjoying LibreELEC or OSMC Kodi Kryton and using our TV's or Shields / Mi Box's if we need Android TV Apps. !

I guess you make fun of me.Or you mean it,i am confused a bit..Cause if i wait i ll never buy somethingTonguei just asked your opinion for these 3 devices.
Most all in one is the Wetek play2 acording to me, android with good compatability (for beeing android)
and you can dualboot it with a libreelec where everything works good except HDR
How is the wifi speed of wetek 2?Have you tested?hub has great wifi but play 2 guess its better?
Yes I was making fun - we seem to have gone around and around in circles again Wink

All my opinions about the AMLogic devices running LibreELEC and the Mi Box have already been given in this post:

What works with any AMLogic S905 / S905X / S905D box running LibreELEC ( or OSMC):

Play2 has Dual band 2.4/5GHz b/g/n WiFi with a single small internal Antenna.
It will not be as good as AC WiFi devices, especially those ones that have external WiFi Antennas.
The best boxes have MIMO (2 antennas or more) AC WiFi.

What is wrong with buying an all in one S905X Vero4K ?

Vero 4K Specs:

Quad Core 1.6Ghz 64-bit processor
2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC storage [1]
Built in 802.11 AC/n/g/b WiFi with Bluetooth 4.0
IR and RF receiver
2x USB 2.0 ports
micro SD card slot
3.5mm analogue audio output
Optical (SPDIF) audio output
HDMI 2.0 with CEC (control your Vero 4K with your TV remote)
Fast Ethernet (100M)
4K, H265, HDR10 ready (and VP9 profile 2)

Yes you are correct about circlesTongueSo mecool m8s pro will be the same as any other s905x that run le etc..There is not an other s905x that works cool?i want wifi use.
- broken Kodi Krypton dynamic refresh rate switching at mi box means it doesnt support it right?
I think you mean the S905X MECOOL M8S Pro + which has pretty poor 2.4GHz only b/g/n WiFi
The MECOOL M8S Pro is a S912 where LibreELEC does not work properly.

Refresh switching is broken in the Mi Box, as I said use it for Android TV Apps only. Not demanding Kodi use.

Boxes with known working AC WiFi are already listed in here:

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options:

The AP6255 AC WiFi Chip (same as Wetek Hub) in the 2GB/16GB S905X Khadas Vim's would work as well with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton using @kszaq's LE 8.2 image. (See LibreELEC forums.)

If you wanted Optical on that device you would need to add a HDMI > SPDIF Audio extractor as suggested by @noggin. You may need to Spoof 5.1 AC3/DTS audio via some sort of Audio extractor switch. We really are not sure.

Or you could buy an all in one Vero 4K where you are guaranteed everything will work.

If you do not need HDR buy a S905 MINIX U1 with its superior MIMO AC WIFi and SPDIF. Its integrated Wireless A2 lite remote is excellent.
Great device for 4K LibreELEC.

(2017-08-30, 13:58)hausmanis Wrote: damnit didnt know the mibox didnt have ethernet

I knew it didn't have Ethernet port.

I didn't worry because I bought a $4 USB Ethernet cable to solve my issue.
Question -- 4K notwithstanding, what device will provide the best picture quality? I have the RPi3 and its pretty good but do any of the other KODI hardware solution provide better 1080p PQ? For example, do some devices deal with color banding better than others?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Ultimately what you want is a box that can hardware decode - properly encoded 10bit HEVC video content AND also output that video as 10bit to a capable 10bit display.

What we are talking about here is color bit depth and color gradients - to reduce visibly color banding on a TV.

More info on Color gradient here

If you do not have a 10bit display panel, better picture quality can be achieved by dithering 10bit HEVC down to 8bit and outputting that.
If you want to do some reading about such recent LibreELEC testing see this:

[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

Basically a good place to start would be a 4K 10bit HEVC capable media player.

• 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28