• 97(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-08-28, 15:26)honcho Wrote: Intel already said no HDR on apollo lake.

They were pretty explicit about it.

Where?
According to @dumpling post it should be available in future updates.
I did not test quiete a while, but with lspcon 1.65 and bios 1.3a at least Kodi and win 10 decode hdr material without colour error to a normal 8bit FHD output and hd-audio works like it did before with HDMI 1.4 avr and TV.

HDR Sources don't get decoded properly to FHD 8 bit TV with librelec.
In Librelec HD Audio is still dead on HDMI2.0 output (bitstream), that is sad, I know it is the kernel Bug.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
(2017-08-28, 16:14)Valter84 Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 15:26)honcho Wrote: Intel already said no HDR on apollo lake.

They were pretty explicit about it.

Where?
According to @dumpling post it should be available in future updates.

Engineering team said strait no on the apollo lake NUC. Considering all the boards are using the same converter, and same gfx engine.... Don't hold your breath(except for gemini lake, that will have HDR support)
I need to correct, black is still with large pixels while watching HDR in my configuration under win 10, so it is not proberly translated

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
I identified another serious issue in conjunction with the dreaded LSPCon converter chip on Apollo Lake based boards. I was struggeling with DVB-T2 reception issues here in Germany until I narowed the issue down to the damn LSPCon chip. I am using an internal DVB-T2 TV card in my HTPC. If i use a DVI, VGA or DVI to HDMI adapter to watch TV through my HTPC everything works like a charm. If i use the built in HDMI port on my ASRock J4205, then I have shacky DVB-T2 receiption. Long story short, it seems that the LSPCon chip produces interferences which interfere with DVB-T2 and/or the internal TV card. You can imagine that this took me a while to narrow the issue down.
(2017-09-01, 19:51)b4cksl4sh Wrote: I identified another serious issue in conjunction with the dreaded LSPCon converter chip on Apollo Lake based boards. I was struggeling with DVB-T2 reception issues here in Germany until I narowed the issue down to the damn LSPCon chip. I am using an internal DVB-T2 TV card in my HTPC. If i use a DVI, VGA or DVI to HDMI adapter to watch TV through my HTPC everything works like a charm. If i use the built in HDMI port on my ASRock J4205, then I have shacky DVB-T2 receiption. Long story short, it seems that the LSPCon chip produces interferences which interfere with DVB-T2 and/or the internal TV card. You can imagine that this took me a while to narrow the issue down.
hi
Did you test the beta bios 1.20H http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX...p?cat=Beta ?
I really don't get their versioning logic. I am using the 1.30 BIOS which should be newer than 1.20H but the release date implies something else. But I am also done with experimenting. I will ditch the board anyway or use the board as a basis for a NAS build once Gemini Lake arrives and for now it works ok using the DVI to HDMI adapter.
Some progrèss with Linux driver for HD Audio passthrough.
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101583#c28
(2017-09-02, 18:30)Ach!lles Wrote: Some progrèss with Linux driver for HD Audio passthrough.
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101583#c28

Thought that's not really true - as the original author only tested PCM, there is a chance that proper hand-shaking might make more things work correctly. If someone with ubuntu wants to test I posted some 4.13-rc7 kernel with that patch to: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/kernel/?C=M;O=A
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've uploaded a LibreELEC build #0902z with the patch from post #1457, if anyone wishes to give it a try: Generic

This is based on #0902 (LE9/Kodi 18a1/kernel 4.12.10) with ELD patch.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
From my testing:
- HDMI2 is now properly enumerated as DP
- No changes for HD-Audio
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can also confirm Fritsch's results:
- HDMI 2.0 is enumerated as DP
- HD Audio bit streaming/passthrough does not work
.here was rubbish
(2017-09-03, 01:16)Milhouse Wrote: I've uploaded a LibreELEC build #0902z with the patch from post #1457, if anyone wishes to give it a try: Generic

This is based on #0902 (LE9/Kodi 18a1/kernel 4.12.10) with ELD patch.

Are all your builds now using that patch or just that one?
(2017-09-06, 21:04)Nekromantik Wrote: Are all your builds now using that patch or just that one?

Just that one.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9