• 89(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Marcel,

Great work on the Addon, it was my missing piece!

Im running a RPI3, Libreelec 8.1.0 beta with Kodi 17.4

Local playback works perfect. I ran into a funny thing using connect.

Thru Kodi I can handle the playback on my phone, but not the other way around.
Is it even possible to control the playback on the rpi via my phone?

For now I have a solution for it. I've started local playback and control my playlist using Yatse remote for android.

Thnx for this great piece of art!!!
Anyone know why I can't login, as mentioned earlier? The log file say nothing. It won't accept my premium credentials.
Would it be an idea to create a "Light" version of your add-on that only adds Spotify Connect feature, purely receiving audio, perhaps only showing the title or that playback is happening?

I used this solution and it was fantastic. I didn't even turn my TV on. The Raspberry is always on and connected to my received via HDMI so I could always play music any time. Unfortunately this solution requires a Spotify Dev key and Spotify stopped providing them.
Hi

Thank you for all the hard work with this addon.

I am having a mixed success with the plugin here. LibreElec running Kodi 17.3 on Intel I3 hardware.

I am able to play my selection from the Internet, I am able to Spotify connect from my Iphone to the default user..., no other device will connect or even see the LibreElec Kodi box.

When playing through Spotify connect tracks will repeat two or more times before playing next one.

What streaming quality is being used during music play ?
(2017-01-25, 00:58)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-24, 21:43)neme5i5 Wrote: First off, thank you for building the plugin! Works great. I also had the some query as klaymen. I wrote a custom Kodi skill for Alexa and would love to be able to playback songs and playlist by calling the json api. Do you have any plans to add support for it?

Well, I'm using Alexa myself and interested in your project for the custom Kodi skill ;-)
I am indeed planning to extend the support for the addon to have some form of external control. This could be by sending api commands (json) or Kodi plugin commands.

Also some more work is set to be done on the addon regarding caching etc. I was hoping that by now we would have a new api provided by Spotify for the playback stuff but looks like we have to deal with the outdated libspotify some longer. That's a shame because getting rid of libspotify would totally cleanup the addon and stabalize it.

Anyway let me know what commands you need for the Alexa skill.

Hello,

This conversation really interest me! I wish to continue it a bit.

My setup is based on openhab and i use http request with json to control my kodi. I already have a lot of command working and i wish to extend it to this spotify plug-in.

The thing i want the most is to play playlist or artist by json command. For example, here's the command for opening a youtube video:

Code:
http://login:[email protected]:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=wQP9XZc2Y_c"}},"id":"1"}

you replace the video_id with yours and voilà! the video is playing via the youtube plugin.

i tried similar json for spotify but it didn't work. So i wish to know if you have worked on something for your alexa that i could use in my setup?

thanks
@marcelveldt

Great addon, works great! Just a question the zip in the git repo hasn't been updated for a while. Will there be any updates?
Thank you for your work on this addon! Smile
Edit - all good, nuked it all and started fresh Kodi install, all good now. Having issues with connect though. Do you need to be on same wifi or just same network? Raspberry Pi is hard wired, phone is on router wifi. The TV screen
Shows what is playing on phone but audio still comes through phone.
(2017-09-02, 06:42)Klattsy Wrote: Edit - all good, nuked it all and started fresh Kodi install, all good now. Having issues with connect though. Do you need to be on same wifi or just same network? Raspberry Pi is hard wired, phone is on router wifi. The TV screen

Hello!

How did You manage to log-in? Are You running Kodi in a X environment?
I am running my Raspberry with a CLI + Kodi.
When I run Spotify Addon for the first time it displays an announcement: "default browser will be opened to log-in".
Of course there is no default browser in my case so next window says: "there was an error, enter Your credentials:"
So I type in my login and password but window repeats and repeats Undecided

There was a hint at the beginning of this thread to authenticate on a different device and move /userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify to RPi but that didn't work either (I installed Kodi on my Windows PC, Spotify Addon, authenticated via web browser successfully).

How do You normally login to Your spotify? Via Facebook? Have You created a "device specific password" in Spotify account settings?

Any advice? Please help!

Best regards,
Lucas
In addition: This is what my KODI log says:

18:11:36.554 T:1720132528 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in utils ! --> [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotty/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf'
18:11:36.650 T:1720132528 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in utils ! --> [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotty/arm-linux/spotty-hf'
18:11:36.661 T:1720132528 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in utils ! --> [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotty/x86-linux/spotty'
18:13:29.289 T:1946059424 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, /home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
(2017-08-24, 19:08)Vr4nckuh Wrote: Thru Kodi I can handle the playback on my phone, but not the other way around.
Is it even possible to control the playback on the rpi via my phone?

In the add-on settings you can enable the experimental Spotify Connect feature which will allow you to control the playback from your phone.
You should see the Kodi player as an available Spotify Connect target. Remember that for now I've disabled discovery so the Connect target will only show on devices logged in with the same user account as the Kodi add-on.
(2017-08-27, 23:33)zilexa Wrote: Would it be an idea to create a "Light" version of your add-on that only adds Spotify Connect feature, purely receiving audio, perhaps only showing the title or that playback is happening?

I used this solution and it was fantastic. I didn't even turn my TV on. The Raspberry is always on and connected to my received via HDMI so I could always play music any time. Unfortunately this solution requires a Spotify Dev key and Spotify stopped providing them.

I'm not interested in creating that, that would require me to maintain another add-on while the browse features do not require any overhead if you don't use it. I believe there already is such an add-on for libreelec if you only seek a spotify connect player.
(2017-08-31, 19:10)petou Wrote: My setup is based on openhab and i use http request with json to control my kodi. I already have a lot of command working and i wish to extend it to this spotify plug-in.

The thing i want the most is to play playlist or artist by json command. For example, here's the command for opening a youtube video:

Code:
http://login:[email protected]:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=wQP9XZc2Y_c"}},"id":"1"}

you replace the video_id with yours and voilà! the video is playing via the youtube plugin.

i tried similar json for spotify but it didn't work. So i wish to know if you have worked on something for your alexa that i could use in my setup?

Try this:

Code:
http://login:[email protected]:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=connect_playback&playlistid=SPOTIFYPLAYLISTID&ownerid=SPOTIFYOWNERID&offset=0"}},"id":"1"}

That way you should be able to start the playback of a playlist. You should be able to grab the playlistID and the ownerID from the spotify URI
(2017-09-01, 20:22)inittux Wrote: @marcelveldt

Great addon, works great! Just a question the zip in the git repo hasn't been updated for a while. Will there be any updates?
Thank you for your work on this addon! Smile

Yes there will but I'm a bit busy with private life atm and I also have to maintain a bunch of other Kodi addons ;-)
(2017-09-02, 06:42)Klattsy Wrote: Edit - all good, nuked it all and started fresh Kodi install, all good now. Having issues with connect though. Do you need to be on same wifi or just same network? Raspberry Pi is hard wired, phone is on router wifi. The TV screen

The Kodi spotify add-on has to be logged in with the same account as the device you want to connect with it. At this time I have disabled discovery as it was clashing with the Kodi builtin Bonjour/Zeroconf. Once I figure out how to fix that, I'll enable the discovery feature again.
(2017-09-03, 16:25)LuzZz Wrote: How did You manage to log-in? Are You running Kodi in a X environment?
I am running my Raspberry with a CLI + Kodi.
When I run Spotify Addon for the first time it displays an announcement: "default browser will be opened to log-in".

Sounds like you're running the old version of the add-on which is no longer supported.
Install my repo and install the latest beta version, see first post for details.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17