• 15(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
(2017-07-18, 09:14)Jeffers24 Wrote: @dasco

This thread has been running for a while now, full of good information, keep it going

However, I need to buy a remote for my son, have you come across anything better that may be worth a look?

Hi Jeffers24,

I am always on the look out for the perfect remote, i have a drawer full of them. However every remote i try falls short in some area. Obviously this is dependant on your needs.
My needs is air mouse for Netflix. Keyboard functionality for quick text entry for searching movies etc, dedicated programmable keys to launch Big Box, Netflix, Google etc and a dedicated remote side for play, stop, skip, volume etc. Also i like to be able to change the remote to Infra Red to control my TV. Unfortunately the T3 remote is not perfect but does tick the majority of boxes for me and i keep comming back to it.
In saying that i realy like the flirc as it works flawlessly with most infra red remotes and is easy to program and has great response. But you cannot seem to buy an infra red remote with a dedicated keyboard. If you do not mind entering text via the old sms style text entry Flirc is perfect.
If only Logitech made a small form factor air mouse remote based on its fantastic K400 keyboard than the search would be over.
At this stage i am still using the T3 but never stop looking for the perfect remote for me. Would like to hear other peoples views on remotes they like and why.
(2017-07-19, 13:13)dasco Wrote:

This thread has been running for a while now, full of good information, keep it going

However, I need to buy a remote for my son, have you come across anything better that may be worth a look?

Hi Jeffers24,

I am always on the look out for the perfect remote, i have a drawer full of them. However every remote i try falls short in some area. Obviously this is dependant on your needs.
My needs is air mouse for Netflix. Keyboard functionality for quick text entry for searching movies etc, dedicated programmable keys to launch Big Box, Netflix, Google etc and a dedicated remote side for play, stop, skip, volume etc. Also i like to be able to change the remote to Infra Red to control my TV. Unfortunately the T3 remote is not perfect but does tick the majority of boxes for me and i keep comming back to it.
In saying that i realy like the flirc as it works flawlessly with most infra red remotes and is easy to program and has great response. But you cannot seem to buy an infra red remote with a dedicated keyboard. If you do not mind entering text via the old sms style text entry Flirc is perfect.
If only Logitech made a small form factor air mouse remote based on its fantastic K400 keyboard than the search would be over.
At this stage i am still using the T3 but never stop looking for the perfect remote for me. Would like to hear other peoples views on remotes they like and why.

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for quick response.

I have not found a better alternative, thought you may have collected a better one Wink

I initially bought my T3 from Amazon, Amazon stopped selling it so I bought off Lisuntech on ebay now they have stopped selling the T3.

Do you know a reliable supplier of this specific T3, I ask because I was bitten by a number of similar 'T3' suppliers that were selling similar remotes that did not work correctly, the main problem being the mouse cursor kept switching itself back on.
(2017-07-19, 18:25)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-07-19, 13:13)dasco Wrote:

Hi Jeffers24,

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for quick response.

I have not found a better alternative, thought you may have collected a better one Wink

I initially bought my T3 from Amazon, Amazon stopped selling it so I bought off Lisuntech on ebay now they have stopped selling the T3.

Do you know a reliable supplier of this specific T3, I ask because I was bitten by a number of similar 'T3' suppliers that were selling similar remotes that did not work correctly, the main problem being the mouse cursor kept switching itself back on.

Just to let you know I bought two T3s from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222498663103
Both arrived promptly and as advertised, no unruly mice.
I don't use audio control, have not tested it and suspect it doesn't work.
(2017-01-20, 00:25)julianmclean Wrote: Ok, bit of an update that may possibly help to contribute to getting the unrecognised keys on the T3 remote recognised in Linux.

Firstly, so far this has all been on my Openelec RPi2...

From reading on t'internet, I found I could use a tool called evtest to find out the scancodes for the buttons, but couldn't get this working on Openelec, so I migrated over to Libreelec and installed their system tools addon, which gave me evtest, and found me some more info on the buttons:

Code:
4 rectangles:
Event: time 1484862141.061309, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 7008a
Event: time 1484862141.061309, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 92 (KEY_HENKAN), value 1
Internet Explorer
Event: time 1484862204.261669, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c008a
Event: time 1484862204.261669, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 150 (KEY_WWW), value 1
Zoom in:
Event: time 1484862205.813901, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c022d
Event: time 1484862205.813901, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 418 (KEY_ZOOMIN), value 1
Zoom out:
Event: time 1484862206.245953, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c022e
Event: time 1484862206.245953, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 419 (KEY_ZOOMOUT), value 1
Recent/2 rectangles:
Event: time 1484862247.603470, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 700bb
Event: time 1484862247.603470, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 240 (KEY_UNKNOWN), value 1

A bit more reading suggested I could drop a customer hwdb file so after finding (I think) the usb kernel modalias for the remote using:

Code:
udevadm info /dev/input/event0

..I created a hwdb file called "99-t3remote.hwdb" in ~/.config/hwdb.d/ directory:

Code:
# T3 Remote
keyboard:usb:v25A7p2402*
KEYBOARD_KEY_07008a=f8                                  # 4 Rectangles
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c008a=f9                                  # Internet Explorer
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c022d=f10                                 # Zoom In
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c022e=f11                                 # Zoom Out
KEYBOARD_KEY_0700bb=f12                                 # Recent

...which was an attempt to map the keys to something that I hoped Kodi would see - i.e. the F8 to F12 keys.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have worked and Kodi log still reports the same thing:

Code:
DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(92)

Anyone got any more experience/knowledge in this area and can say if I'm getting close?

Here is my hwdb file that worked for me in libreelec. I didn't need to correct the last five keys, but figured since I was in there, why not?

Code:
# T3 Remote
evdev:input:b0003v25A7p2402*
KEYBOARD_KEY_c022d=kpplus      # zoom in
KEYBOARD_KEY_c022e=kpminus     # zoom out
KEYBOARD_KEY_700bb=f4          # two squares
KEYBOARD_KEY_7008a=f5          # Henkan (four squares)
KEYBOARD_KEY_c008a=f6          # Internet Explorer
KEYBOARD_KEY_7003c=zoom
KEYBOARD_KEY_7003d=red
KEYBOARD_KEY_7003e=green
KEYBOARD_KEY_7003f=yellow
KEYBOARD_KEY_70040=blue

There is a space (" ") in front of each "KEYBOARD_KEY", but it doesn't show very well in this forum.

Cheers
Wayne
Hi All,

I just picked up a T3 remote from Aliexpress, and it's working wonderfully with my Android Kodi install.
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the remote so that the power button will send an IR signal without pressing the TV button first?

At the moment, the power button is sending the Android box to sleep and leaving the TV on. Unfortunately the Android box won't come back on without the IR code from the original remote, so I'm stuck with having to pull the power cable if I forget to press the TV button first.

Thanks
The T3-M is almost the dream remote. However, if I were to actually make a list it would have these features (ordered from most important to least).

IR
IR learning
2.5Ghz
Bluetooth
air mouse
mouse on/off
mini keyboard
gyro
macros
Input indicator
microphone
back-light
rechargeable battery
headphones jack
speaker
display

Surprisingly this remote checks off most of these boxes. But I don't think there is a remote that exists yet that can check all of these boxes is there? Anything close to it?
(2017-09-05, 15:03)CyberJacob Wrote: Hi All,

I just picked up a T3 remote from Aliexpress, and it's working wonderfully with my Android Kodi install.
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the remote so that the power button will send an IR signal without pressing the TV button first?

At the moment, the power button is sending the Android box to sleep and leaving the TV on. Unfortunately the Android box won't come back on without the IR code from the original remote, so I'm stuck with having to pull the power cable if I forget to press the TV button first.

Thanks

Just copy the android box power to the upper power button of the remote in the IR mode and copy other tv buttons as in the image bellow

(2017-09-13, 21:50)ashrafhumax Wrote:
(2017-09-05, 15:03)CyberJacob Wrote: Hi All,

Thanks

Just copy the android box power to the upper power button of the remote in the IR mode and copy other tv buttons as in the image bellow

I think what he's saying is that while in RF mode can you change the power button command so it won't turn off the computer. Most are already aware of how to change it in IR mode.
dickalan Thank you for clearing that
I have set up my old Minix box so I can dual boot LibreELEC from an SDCard.

Only issue so far is that I can't get the T3 to work with LibreELEC, none of the T3 buttons are accepted (nothing happens).

Anyone else tried to do the same and how did you get your T3 to be recognised by LibreELEC?

If I take the SDCard out and reboot the Minix it boots into Android and the T3 works perfectly as always :-)
Hi Guys,

I have just found this thread and finished reading through all the posts.
This remote seems to be the exact thing I have been looking for!

Just wondering if it is possible to remap what the keys do within the Windows (10) environment, not just within the Kodi environment?

For example;  Instead of having the "1" key be "1", can I make it launch a program (like Kodi)?

If this is possible, someone give me a quick run down on how it is done?
Is it just a file in the back end of the remote install folder or even a windows file, or do i need extra software?

If it is a file that needs editing, is it possible for someone to send me a copy so I can see if I can work it out before buying the remote?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have not done a lot with this kind of equipment before and haven't been able to find any information on it.
At least I don't think it has been mentioned in this post yet, it all appears to be about remapping the keys within Kodi from what I can tell.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers, Bill.
Finally I got hold of a T3-M remote.
Fun fact: it was ordered trough eBay from China, but after the first two orders both ended up arriving as an MX3 (so refunded), and the 3rd gave up the order after I double checked with them whether it is really a T3, the 4th order was finally a T3.
As I use it with Linux (Debian Jessie, Gnome3) I thought I will share my findings, maybe somebody will get some use of it.

First the functions:
The remote is a T3-M model, it has the audio feature.
It gets recognized on the USB as a composit HID device with vendor ID 0x1d57 (Xenta) product ID 0xad03 version 0x101.
Manufacturer name (Input device name in evtest device list): "FREEWAY TECHNOLOGY"
It has some subdevices: audio control, audio streaming, keyboard, mouse.
The state of the mouse gets memorized until battery changing.
The remote has 3 state changing buttons: TV, MOUSE DISABLE, Fn (on the backside), all other keys are sending valid, recognizable keycodes.

Now the keycode/value layout map. The position of each entry is matched with the physical position of the corresponding button on the remote. This is the air mouse/D-pad side, the keyboard side is pretty straightforward.
Code:
Keycode layout for the T3-M RF Remote and Air Mouse:
Normally all keycodes come through the keyboard device (the first in the evtest listing).
Keys marked with asterisk (*) change function according to the air mouse enable/disable function:
  - if mouse is disabled the normal keycodes are used.
  - if mouse is enabled, the normal keycodes are not sent for these two keys, instead alternative codes are sent through the second input device (mouse):
      KEY_ENTER(70028) ->    BTN_LEFT(90001)
      KEY_ESC(70029)   ->    BTN_RIGHT(90002)
The microphone key sends the keycode KEY_F16 right before starting the transmission of audio. It does not send anything at the end of transmission.

KEY_POWER (10081)

KEY_REWIND(c00b4)       KEY_FASTFORWARD(c00b3)  KEY_PREVIOUSSONG(c00b6) KEY_NEXTSONG(c00b5)
KEY_F3(7003c)           KEY_PLAYPAUSE(c00cd)    KEY_ZOOMIN(c022d)       KEY_ZOOMOUT(c022e)

KEY_COMPOSE(70065)     KEY_HOMEPAGE (c0223)    KEY_UNKNOWN(700bb)

KEY_UP (70052)
                 KEY_LEFT(70050)   *KEY_ENTER(70028)  KEY_RIGHT(7004f)
                                   KEY_DOWN(70051)

KEY_VOLUMEUP(c00e9)     *KEY_ESC(70029)         KEY_ENTER(70028)        KEY_PAGEUP(7004b)
KEY_VOLUMEDOWN(c00ea)   KEY_MUTE(c00e2)         MOUSE_ON_OFF(N/A)       KEY_PAGEDOWN(7004e)

KEY_1(7001e)            KEY_2(7001f)            KEY_3(70020)            KEY_CONFIG(c0183)
KEY_4(70021)            KEY_5(70022)            KEY_6(70023)            KEY_MAIL(c018a)
KEY_7(70024)            KEY_8(70025)            KEY_9(70026)            KEY_WWW(c008a)
TV_RF_IR_SWITCH(N/A)    KEY_0(70027)            KEY_BACKSPACE(7002a)    KEY_F16(7006b)

KEY_F4(7003d)           KEY_F5(7003e)           KEY_F6(7003f)           KEY_F7(70040)

These values can be used to create a map using udev:
Code:
#Keymap file for the T3-M RF Remote and Air Mouse devices
#This file goes as 60-keyboard.hwdb symlink into the /etc/udev/hwdb.d/ directory

#after changing this file, these commands should be run:
#udevadm hwdb --update
#udevadm trigger
#udevadm control --reload

keyboard:usb:v1D57pAD03*
KEYBOARD_KEY_10081=f24     #KEY_POWER - Power Button
KEYBOARD_KEY_700bb=tab     #KEY_UNKNOWN - Recent Button (double rectangles on each other)
Important: the forum engine eats the first (and single) space character in front of KEYBOARD_KEY_xxxx but it is a must.

The above code changes the Recent button to send a TAB code (aka. Fullscreen), and the Power button to send an F24 code.
The last is a hack for me to be able to make a custom script work, which will turn off the display on my machine (actually rather send the display to sleep) when I press Power.

Ps: as I currently own both MX3 (2 of them :-) and a T3-M remote I must say the T3-M is way more thought out than the MX3. The T3 only sends keypresses through that device where they belong while the MX3 was more of a mumble-jumble, sending some keys using the mouse some keys using the keyboard device. And btw. they changed the key codes for the PrevSong/NextSong - Rew/FF keypairs to better match the symbol on the key. Now I only miss the Win button... Smile

Ps2: now I see that the forum engine messes up my carefully layed out tables.... pfff.
I recently bought a Favormates RF remote. It looks very similar to the T3.

My main application is to use an RF remote on a Dreamlink T1+, which I use for IPTV and for Kodi.

I was able to learn in the red/green/yellow/blue buttons from the IR remote that came with the T1+ which worked properly.

However, I have other functions to learn in, such as an EPG button, but the Favormates remote only allows IR learning for a total of five buttons (the four color buttons and power).

Does the T3 allow IR learning for all buttons on the remote?
(2017-10-15, 21:07)pointprime Wrote: I recently bought a Favormates RF remote. It looks very similar to the T3.

My main application is to use an RF remote on a Dreamlink T1+, which I use for IPTV and for Kodi.

I was able to learn in the red/green/yellow/blue buttons from the IR remote that came with the T1+ which worked properly.

However, I have other functions to learn in, such as an EPG button, but the Favormates remote only allows IR learning for a total of five buttons (the four color buttons and power).

Does the T3 allow IR learning for all buttons on the remote?

T3 allows IR learning for all the main side buttons.

If it only allows 5 programmable IR keys then it is most likely an MX3 clone (see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203623).
Hello. I have a T3-M in Libreelec...and does not work the microphone search....How to fix?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3