Wondering Where I stand
This question is directed at Karellen, as he's the moderator that has had interactions with me in the past... I'm just wondering where I stand with you/the forum?

I'm not posting this intending to cause any kind of issues/trouble, only to explain my thought process and why I may have came across as ignoring you/being a trouble maker.

As you know, I've posted a question regarding status icons and the Missing Movies addon and you asked for screenshots. At the time I couldn't get them (as it was a TV I was using) so found screenshots online and linked to those in place of the ones that I couldn't provide. I then later realized that the question was actually skin specific and suggested that I ask in the correct forum, which you seemed to agree with, going by the first line of the quote below.

Quote:Yes you have posted in the wrong forum. We are unable to assist you.

I can see a number of banned repositories in your screenshot that you are specifically referring to.

I suggest you head over to Covenant or Merlin and ask them for assistance as we did not provide these items to you.

I didn't know that they were taken using banned addons, as I literally just searched Google and used pictures that included the icons I was seeing. To be honest I didn't even consider that they could break the rules as I was focusing on the icons and not the screen around them.

The suggestion that I ask others for help also made me think that you were directing me to the skin-related forum. Considering how things have panned out, I assume that you're saying that they're the people who make the banned addons and I should ask them instead. I had no idea who they were... and still don't. I'm just assuming as I've never heard of them or their addons, just seen a couple of screenshots. As far as I was concerned, they may have been the skin authors.

Anyway, I asked in the skin-related forum and you responded as follows:

Quote:You have been previously advised that you are ineligible for support. Simply cutting the offending bits out of your image won't change things.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2637661

Seriously, is it that difficult to figure out the icons??

As I mentioned earlier, I though that I was being asked to post in the correct forum. My interpretation was that "We are unable to assist you." meant that the people visiting the original forum wouldn't necessarily know. You had explained earlier that you don't use the same skin so had forgotten what icons were in use, hence me thinking that I was expected to re-post the question.

This time around I had actually made sure to take my own screenshot. I still can't really get screenshots from the TV so It was taken using a laptop, but all the same, it was my own screenshot. I just wanted to point out that I wasn't just using the same images with bits cut out and intending to fool you. I was trying to do things the correct way and respect the rules by ensuring I wouldn't break them again.

With regards to figuring out the icons; probably not. I can draw my own conclusions about them and may be correct, but the behaviour of the addon that I was asking about seems to indicate I was wrong in what I thought so I wanted to confirm... Anyway, my intention is not to re-post the question here, so I'll stop there.

As I said, I just want to know where I stand. I honestly didn't intend to do anything wrong, and if I had access to the laptop the first time around (to be able to take my own screenshot) then wouldn't have done.

I realize that I'm not actually banned from the forums (as a whole) as I have been able to log in, but am not sure how to interpret what happened with my second post. It was closed with the words "You have been previously advised that you are ineligible for support" and I'm not sure if that was intended to mean that I shouldn't post the question regarding icons again or that I shouldn't post any more support requests at all... possibly even that I shouldn't make any more posts, even if they're not support requests.

I don't want to mis-interpret what you meant again, so wanted to ask before making any further posts.

I apologize for any mistakes I've made so far.
Probably start once again and take your own screenshots (taken with a digicam or a smartphone or whatever you might have handy to do a photo with) and explain exactly what you are searching for.
Your mistake was to post screenshots of banned addons, however looking at the url's it's clear to see that you've found them via google & they're not from your own setup. With regards your initial question, I believe this has been answered correctly here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2638271
@sim099

As stated by @DaVu and @FXB78, you misled us by using images not from your system. Then the image in your second thread was so closely cropped, that it looked like an attempt to remove signs of banned add-ons.

No, you are not banned from the forum. There is no consequence to the binning... unless there is a clear trend in the discussion and usage of banned add-ons, but that is not the case here. You are welcome to participate in the forum, but ensure you are not breaching the forum rules.

Have we answered your initial question?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-29, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: As stated by @DaVu and @FXB78, you misled us by using images not from your system. Then the image in your second thread was so closely cropped, that it looked like an attempt to remove signs of banned add-ons.
Lesson learned, I'll be taking my own screenshots in the future. I only really cropped the one in the second thread because I used Lightshot to take it, which allows you to drag an area to be captured - I thought I may as well make the image as small as possible to save bandwidth.

(2017-08-29, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: No, you are not banned from the forum. There is no consequence to the binning... unless there is a clear trend in the discussion and usage of banned add-ons, but that is not the case here. You are welcome to participate in the forum, but ensure you are not breaching the forum rules.
Will do. The only addon I actually use is the Trakt.tv one (apart from any that's been automatically installed) so that shouldn't be an issue.

(2017-08-29, 23:16)Karellen Wrote: Have we answered your initial question?
Yep. I've had my assumptions confirmed, but unfortunately that knowledge doesn't really help me work out what causes the issue/unexpected behaviour with the Missing Movies addon. I know that I need to ask in the appropriate addon forum for further information though. I'll post the follow-up question another time though, as my wife will be calling me to eat pretty soon Smile

I'll also take a proper look at the rules in the meantime. I generally don't behave in a way that could be troublesome, but just in case there's anything unexpected... I'm glad there's no bad blood so far and would prefer to keep it that way.
@sim099
A easy way to stop keep having to crop every screenshot is (only works windows 10)
HOLD SHIFT and WINDOWS KEY press S your screen will turn grey and you can now select the area you want a screenie of works great i use it a lot.
Then open paint (i use paint) you can use what ever and paste image then save it voila no more cropping
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2017-09-10, 00:09)kimkl Wrote: @sim099
A easy way to stop keep having to crop every screenshot is (only works windows 10)
HOLD SHIFT and WINDOWS KEY press S your screen will turn grey and you can now select the area you want a screenie of works great i use it a lot.
Then open paint (i use paint) you can use what ever and paste image then save it voila no more cropping

Thanks kimki, I didn't know about that feature of Windows 10. To be honest, I haven't really used it all that much yet as my desktop (main computer) has weird issues with it. I've been using Lightshot, which provides the same functionality Smile
Kodi also has a built-in screenshot facility.

To use specify a folder for screenshots in Settings - System - Logging and then use Ctrl + S to take screenshot.
Don't worry, you're fine.
Just take into account that any reference to illegal use of content just isn't tolerated. Fortunately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wondering Where I stand0