• 12(current)
Release Google Play Music - From scratch
(2016-12-01, 00:17)Win a 2 Wrote: After uninstallating gmusicapi and reinstalling your addon it works.
I have had superrepo helix installed, but deactivated?! o_O Now it is fully uninstalled.

Happy to hear it works again Smile
I have updated to Krypton but found that opening stream takes much more time than before - back to Jarvis for the moment. Any clue for this ?
(2016-12-30, 18:16)hoschilo Wrote: I have updated to Krypton but found that opening stream takes much more time than before - back to Jarvis for the moment. Any clue for this ?

Sorry for the delay and nope, no clue what so ever.
Haven't done krypton testing yet but I know I'll have to tweak UI bits.
The issue you describe sounds like something that's outside my powers though.
(2017-01-01, 00:25)Tadly Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 18:16)hoschilo Wrote: I have updated to Krypton but found that opening stream takes much more time than before - back to Jarvis for the moment. Any clue for this ?

I made a new clean install of Krypton and now it is working fine.
(2017-01-01, 21:26)hoschilo Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 00:25)Tadly Wrote:

I made a new clean install of Krypton and now it is working fine.

I love it when problems solve itself without me having to do anything Smile
Now that we hit the first RCs, I should probably go on an do some tweaks for krypton (just feeling a bit lazy right now Tongue)
While listening to music then choosing the playlist "N" , switching between the songs in the playlist without selecting them - a message appears "etwas is schief gelaufen/something went wrong). This is not really a problem but the message is annoying.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23729650/
(2017-01-02, 22:42)hoschilo Wrote: While listening to music then choosing the playlist "N" , switching between the songs in the playlist without selecting them - a message appears "etwas is schief gelaufen/something went wrong). This is not really a problem but the message is annoying.

Does this happen all the time?
The error I see in the logs is the typical "google is having their "special" time right now" meaning this should go away (sometimes after just a few minutes, sometimes it may take half an hour)
(2017-01-03, 10:32)Tadly Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 22:42)hoschilo Wrote: While listening to music then choosing the playlist "N" , switching between the songs in the playlist without selecting them - a message appears "etwas is schief gelaufen/something went wrong). This is not really a problem but the message is annoying.

Does this happen all the time?
The error I see in the logs is the typical "google is having their "special" time right now" meaning this should go away (sometimes after just a few minutes, sometimes it may take half an hour)

It happens all the time - but only in "playlist" view mode "n". For all other views it does not appear.
Hello Tadly,
thank you for the effort you have put in. I am a KODI newbie, installed the release on my windows 10 laptop for primary purposes of listenin to google music througgh KODI. I have followed the following installation steps:
Download the linuxwhatelse repository
Use Kodi Menu to install from repository, selecting google music
Had a error message show up in UI and have the following error message in Kodi.log with google music not launching:

15:42:55.021 T:8476 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named utils
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\default.py", line 1, in <module>
from addon import addon
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\addon\__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
from gmusic_wrapper import GMusic
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\addon\gmusic_wrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
from gmusicapi import Mobileclient
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from gmusicapi.clients import Webclient, Musicmanager, Mobileclient
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\clients\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from gmusicapi.clients.webclient import Webclient
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\clients\webclient.py", line 4, in <module>
from future.utils import PY3
ImportError: No module named utils
-->End of Python script error report<--
15:42:55.053 T:3164 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/
15:42:55.053 T:3164 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/) failed
(2017-01-27, 00:13)thedutt Wrote: Hello Tadly,
thank you for the effort you have put in. I am a KODI newbie, installed the release on my windows 10 laptop for primary purposes of listenin to google music througgh KODI. I have followed the following installation steps:
Download the linuxwhatelse repository
Use Kodi Menu to install from repository, selecting google music
Had a error message show up in UI and have the following error message in Kodi.log with google music not launching:

15:42:55.021 T:8476 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\default.py", line 1, in <module>
from addon import addon
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\addon\__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\addon\gmusic_wrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\clients\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "C:\Users\adatta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.gmusicapi\lib\gmusicapi\clients\webclient.py", line 4, in <module>
15:42:55.053 T:3164 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/
15:42:55.053 T:3164 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/) failed

Huh? Now that's a first.
As you installed the linuxwhatelse repository you already know what a "repository" is.
Do you have others installed by any chance?

But to be honest. On a laptop (or any other form of pc you pretty much sit behind) you're better of just using googles website for listening to music.
This add-on is (and always will be) somewhat ruff around the edges as we don't have official access to googles API (missing documentation etc.)

If you really want it to work I'll obviously try my best figuring out what's wrong Smile
Hi Tadly...

Unfortunately I'm getting the same error as thedutt.
I just installed it fresh, with no previous music addon except JukeBox, and I did install & then uninstall the Google Music EXP addon just before.

Here's my error:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/default.py", line 1, in <module>
from addon import addon
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/addon/__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/addon/gmusic_wrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/clients/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/clients/webclient.py", line 4, in <module>
Just to keep you two posted...
With a fresh kodi setup I've been able to reproduce the error but still have no clue on how to fix it.

What's worth, after moving some files back and forth (so they ended up at the same place) it suddenly worked (goes without saying that it shouldn't)
So... yeah. I'm still on it and sorry that it takes so long :/

Edit:
I knew it wasn't my fault. It's the fakt that a dependency I managed in my own repo suddenly appeared in the official repo (by someone else) and it is not quite right.
I'll try and get that fix ASAP

Edit2:
Alright, that's what we are waiting for now.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/410

If you guys can't wait any longer:
1. Download http://kodi.linuxwhatelse.com/repo/addon...0.16.0.zip
2. Delete .kodi/addons/script.module.future
3. unzip the previous download into .kodi/addons/
4. Restart kodi (if it was running) and enjoy Smile
Love the addon - but I've noticed in my playlists that every song shows as 0. instead of the song name. I then play the song and it plays, but with song name "stream" and no artist?

Also - it seems loads of my uploaded music doesn't appear in my Library? For instance, I have essentially the full Bob Dylan discography, but when I go to My Library -> Artists -> Bob Dylan, one album with one song appears?

Any plans to more fully integrate as per the Google Music Exp add-on? Features like shuffle are pretty important to me. Also when you start a radio, it doesn't start on the song you select. The selection is clearly based on that song, but that song should also be first played. Finally, being able to share with Yatze or similar, and it playing the song on Kodi would be amazing
(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Love the addon - but I've noticed in my playlists that every song shows as 0. instead of the song name. I then play the song and it plays, but with song name "stream" and no artist?
That's strange and shouldn't be that way. Are these songs you uploaded yourself or part of google?
Also, did you create those playlists yourself or are these shared ones?

(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Also - it seems loads of my uploaded music doesn't appear in my Library? For instance, I have essentially the full Bob Dylan discography, but when I go to My Library -> Artists -> Bob Dylan, one album with one song appears?
Are your uploaded songs properly tagged? I mean ID3 tags for Artist, Album, Trackname etc.

(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Any plans to more fully integrate as per the Google Music Exp add-on? Features like shuffle are pretty important to me. Also when you start a radio, it doesn't start on the song you select. The selection is clearly based on that song, but that song should also be first played. Finally, being able to share with Yatze or similar, and it playing the song on Kodi would be amazing
Shuffle can be done by kodi (while something is playing, open the current playlist "n" on the keyboard than locate "shuffle" or "random") hence there's no reason for me to do anything.
On that note, shuffle will be deactivated when starting radios as these are random already.

How a radio looks like is "decided" by google. Or to be more precises, by googles algorithm that determines what songs fall under the same category.
So no, I won't change anything regarding the structure of radios.
(2017-09-09, 15:44)Tadly Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Love the addon - but I've noticed in my playlists that every song shows as 0. instead of the song name. I then play the song and it plays, but with song name "stream" and no artist?
That's strange and shouldn't be that way. Are these songs you uploaded yourself or part of google?
Also, did you create those playlists yourself or are these shared ones?

(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Also - it seems loads of my uploaded music doesn't appear in my Library? For instance, I have essentially the full Bob Dylan discography, but when I go to My Library -> Artists -> Bob Dylan, one album with one song appears?
Are your uploaded songs properly tagged? I mean ID3 tags for Artist, Album, Trackname etc.
Thanks for the response. The first issue seems to have fixed itself now. The songs load with full names in the playlist now. However the second issue is still occurring. These were songs I uploaded myself and appear under the artist and album in My Library in the browser version of Play Music, however in the add-on in My Library-> Artists-> Bob Dylan only one album appears.

Interestingly Bob Dylan doesn't have a thumbnail picture either. It's like Google Play doesn't recognise who it is?
(2017-09-09, 15:44)Tadly Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 02:58)Abbaskip Wrote: Any plans to more fully integrate as per the Google Music Exp add-on? Features like shuffle are pretty important to me. Also when you start a radio, it doesn't start on the song you select. The selection is clearly based on that song, but that song should also be first played. Finally, being able to share with Yatze or similar, and it playing the song on Kodi would be amazing
Shuffle can be done by kodi (while something is playing, open the current playlist "n" on the keyboard than locate "shuffle" or "random") hence there's no reason for me to do anything.
On that note, shuffle will be deactivated when starting radios as these are random already.

How a radio looks like is "decided" by google. Or to be more precises, by googles algorithm that determines what songs fall under the same category.
So no, I won't change anything regarding the structure of radios.
Thanks, it's strange with your add-on that when I do a radio it doesn't start with that song though? All Google implementations of Radio (browser and phone app) both start with the song that you "Radio". If yours is straight from Google's, why doesn't it act the same?

It has the song that you Radio in the playlist, it's just never first. That's a bit of a deal breaker for me using radio, as I will usually radio a song that I want to hear, then like similar music after that.

Edit: My issue with no shuffle is that I can't do it easily from a remote app (I use Kodi from remote, which I think most do) and as with the issue with Radio, I can't start an album from a certain song. I would like to go into an album and select a doing and say shuffle from here. It would play that song and then all others in the album in random order after it.

Edit 2: worked out how to shuffle from remote, but my issue remains that I can shuffle from a certain song (and radio doesn't start the song it's meant to as Google iterations of Radio do

Edit 3: found my a Bob Dylan. The albums all appear under Artist "Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash", but when in that Artist they're listed under Bob Dylan. So it's an error with where the add-on displays them.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Play Music - From scratch1