• 17(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
yep, I am busy upgrading to kodi but as I am doing a lot of work on the artwork side of it and trying to get better images for the future 4k tv.
(2017-08-27, 01:24)meridius Wrote: yep, I am busy upgrading to kodi but as I am doing a lot of work on the artwork side of it and trying to get better images for the future 4k tv.

Of course you can also use the app to change the artwork Big Grin The resolution is being displayed.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-06-24, 22:18)rschiks Wrote: Just curious: is anyone using the streaming option?

actually .. I just updated kyra 1 to kyra 2 a few weeks back and today I read that you have a streaming option to local device .. so ..

Setting up a VPN from my iphone to my home network
than start kyra 2
configuring a little ..
than play a tv show .. wauw .. it is streaming !!

Only caveat right now: if you press X to stop (or also the stop button), the app is closing completely.

Kyra will become my number 1 remote as XMBC Touch will probably not run in a new version of IOS (which is still great due to the way the controls can be used (up down, right left). here Kyra could receive some improvement(s).

Note to mention:

How do you sort the various seasons of a tv show?

Right now I see the obvious wrong way of sorting when a show goes up to 10 or 11 seasons

Example Storage Wars: Season 10 is not shown the first but first 9, 8, than 10 than 1 what I have ..
its just a little glitch .. Big Grin
(2017-09-11, 10:14)zeroday Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 22:18)rschiks Wrote: Just curious: is anyone using the streaming option?

actually .. I just updated kyra 1 to kyra 2 a few weeks back and today I read that you have a streaming option to local device .. so ..

Setting up a VPN from my iphone to my home network
than start kyra 2
configuring a little ..
than play a tv show .. wauw .. it is streaming !!

Only caveat right now: if you press X to stop (or also the stop button), the app is closing completely.

Kyra will become my number 1 remote as XMBC Touch will probably not run in a new version of IOS (which is still great due to the way the controls can be used (up down, right left). here Kyra could receive some improvement(s).

Note to mention:

How do you sort the various seasons of a tv show?

Right now I see the obvious wrong way of sorting when a show goes up to 10 or 11 seasons

Example Storage Wars: Season 10 is not shown the first but first 9, 8, than 10 than 1 what I have ..
its just a little glitch .. Big Grin

I have found the problem when closing the streaming screen (and have fixed it). It only occurred on the iPhone and not the iPad :-(
The season sort order is fixed as well.

Both will be available in the next update.

What do you exactly mean with up, down, left and right controls difference with XBMC Touch?
bummer replied 3 times and do not see the reply Wink

Actually I found a function that I can open the control section directly after pressing play. this is solving a lot for me.

But .. I really would like to have the ability to control Kodi from every part within the app without the need to press remote Wink More like a overlay layer like xmbc touch
(2017-09-13, 10:19)zeroday Wrote: bummer replied 3 times and do not see the reply Wink

Actually I found a function that I can open the control section directly after pressing play. this is solving a lot for me.

But .. I really would like to have the ability to control Kodi from every part within the app without the need to press remote Wink More like a overlay layer like xmbc touch

In Kyra for Kodi 1 there was a sort of overlay. In this version I completely removed it so more space is available for information.
With a button press everything is there.
...and you can create a whole dashboard the way you like. If you want to you don't have to ever use the menu options, because you can place everything on the dashboard.
Thanks ! I will check the dashboard more tonight on the iPAD

new bug found
Settings - General - Power menu:
Save selected host as default

If you have 1 host there is no issue
If you have above feature enabled (default) and you add a 2nd Kodi host (Settings - Kodi - Add) than this new host will also set as default causing the selection not to be changed anymore.
Disable the Save Selected host as default and you are able to switch and change from kodi instance.
(2017-09-15, 13:26)zeroday Wrote: Thanks ! I will check the dashboard more tonight on the iPAD

new bug found
Settings - General - Power menu:
Save selected host as default

If you have 1 host there is no issue
If you have above feature enabled (default) and you add a 2nd Kodi host (Settings - Kodi - Add) than this new host will also set as default causing the selection not to be changed anymore.
Disable the Save Selected host as default and you are able to switch and change from kodi instance.

I can't reproduce the problem. When adding a 2nd Kodi host I am able to switch hosts in both the power menu and in the Kodi settings list.
I have tried on the iPad and the iPhone.

When you select another host (via Power menu) it will save that as default (due to the setting save selected host as default).
When starting Kyra it automatically selects the saved host.
As the default setting was changed and back to default now the issue cannot be reproduced anymore when adding 2nd instance.
(2017-09-15, 14:42)zeroday Wrote: As the default setting was changed and back to default now the issue cannot be reproduced anymore when adding 2nd instance.

Ok Big Grin

I actually can't reproduce the issue on a clean iPad either. Maybe we mean different things.
If someone else reports a similar issue we can dig a little bit deeper.
Hi mate been playing with your remote,

the thing is the look and feel of it seems like the old old version way back and desperately needs a UI overhaul to make it look and fell better. it seems very complicated the whole app. so many options so many pages and settings, maybe you should do a simple version that basically just uses a remote and some different views for each video types.

I keep going back to xbmc commander as its simple but I have a feeling it will be gone soon because its a 32bit app.

I am not knocking you, it has some good features but its just way way to complicated and very stale looking. instead of adding features i think you need to focus on design and simple of use.

i hope i have not offended you but just my opinion.

also there is no option to have compilation in the movie view and there is no offline mode to view your collection
I have just submitted version 1.0.5 to Apple.

Here are the release notes:

- Season sorting corrected.
- Fixed crash on iPhone when closing streaming window.
(2017-09-17, 12:10)meridius Wrote: Hi mate been playing with your remote,

the thing is the look and feel of it seems like the old old version way back and desperately needs a UI overhaul to make it look and fell better. it seems very complicated the whole app. so many options so many pages and settings, maybe you should do a simple version that basically just uses a remote and some different views for each video types.

I keep going back to xbmc commander as its simple but I have a feeling it will be gone soon because its a 32bit app.

I am not knocking you, it has some good features but its just way way to complicated and very stale looking. instead of adding features i think you need to focus on design and simple of use.

i hope i have not offended you but just my opinion.

also there is no option to have compilation in the movie view and there is no offline mode to view your collection

Yes, it definitely has the looks and feel of the old version. This time I have streamlined all screens to have the same look. For every screen you can adjust the settings if you want to. However, the default settings will be fine to begin with. I don't think you have to change any setting if you just start with the app.
And of course the design is always personal. People love it or hate it.

If you want to have a simple overview of everything you can use the personal dashboard to build your own remote. You can place almost every item, including menu buttons, labels, remote control buttons, etc on the dashboard. And you can place it where you want.

I have thought about creating a simple remote control, but people still keep coming with things to add. In the end you have a version with everything in it :-)

The offline function I have removed. There's still no an easy way to download all data and images from Kodi and keep in sync. And the latter is quite important.

A collection view could still be interesting. Haven't got much feedback about this missing feature.

As of iOS 11 the App Store won't show 32bit apps anymore, so I guess yes, this means XBMC commander will slowly disappear.
Hello Richard,

I recently restarted to use the app. When I try to get my movies from Kodi, the app says there was an error and no movies are retrieved. I am using Kodi Leia under Windows 10, I have 4700+ movies, and I am using the app version 1.0.4 from an iPad Air 2 connected wrielessly to the Kodi machine.

My series (440+, 15k+ episodes) are retrieved fine. Any ideas? Thank you for your help and this great app.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-09-17, 17:52)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Richard,

I recently restarted to use the app. When I try to get my movies from Kodi, the app says there was an error and no movies are retrieved. I am using Kodi Leia under Windows 10, I have 4700+ movies, and I am using the app version 1.0.4 from an iPad Air 2 connected wrielessly to the Kodi machine.

My series (440+, 15k+ episodes) are retrieved fine. Any ideas? Thank you for your help and this great app.

Regards,

Bart

On one of my test machines I have just updated to the latest nightly and the movies are being retrieved fine.

It could be:
- a time-out due to the amount of movies. Currently that's around 2 minutes. Would be strange since I only retrieve the minimum of info. Thousands and thousands of movies should be no problem.
- the Kodi web-service returns an error. It could be it's too busy and becomes non-responsive. This can happen when Kodi runs on a slow device or the web-service has issues (Leia is still an Alpha version).
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26