• 86(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Guys
i currently use the rpi 3 for basic kodi and iptv use.
I get occasional issues with simple client.Freezing small amount of glitches etc.
However, on vlc on my pc, the playback is superb.
The one main reason I want to try android is because I could then use vlc or perfect player.
Would any android users tell me if that change would be worth it and if vlc performs as it normally would on a pc if used on android box..?
This mecool box id like to try out.
thnx guys
(2017-09-08, 15:42)wrxtasy Wrote: 1) Yes ALL HD audio passthrough is supported inc. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
2) FLAC to Multichannel PCM Audio is dithered to 16bit/192kHz

These S905(X) / S905D boxes running LibreELEC or OSMC pretty much handle any properly encoded content you want to throw at them with few restrictions Smile

Thanks wrxtasy Smile.
Can I ask you why of the dithering? I mean, is it a HW limitation?
Thanks
(2017-09-09, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: MECOOL M8S Pro+

Click HERE for ATV ROM DIY install
- download OTA UPDATE.zip Save to USB Stick
- use inbuilt Android Update App and point it at OTA UPDATE.zip (remember to tick "Wipe Data" box)

Click HERE for LibreELEC DIY install
Thanks so much for your additional LibreELEC files. They make the most of the M8S Pro +.
(2017-09-09, 15:02)Kova Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 15:42)wrxtasy Wrote: 1) Yes ALL HD audio passthrough is supported inc. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
2) FLAC to Multichannel PCM Audio is dithered to 16bit/192kHz

These S905(X) / S905D boxes running LibreELEC or OSMC pretty much handle any properly encoded content you want to throw at them with few restrictions Smile

Thanks wrxtasy Smile.
Can I ask you why of the dithering? I mean, is it a HW limitation?
Thanks

And also, how I can get this information from the log?
I mean, is somewhere (log?) displaying the dithering information (24bit->16bit)?
Thanks.
Hi all Smile

I'm fairly new of this kinda of small gems. I need a product for essentially Kodi, and streaming of live tv from internet (i haven't tv antennas in my small appartment). I have fiber 50Mbyte , and i use ethernet cable (via powerline) for the connection. Connection test give me full band connection.

I've buyed the M8s Pro, with S9212, Android 7.1 and so on, some times ago. But actually i'm not fully satisfacted, because streaming fluxes are not so regular. In the case of Live Tv, i can accept that sometimes the flux is temporally blocked, (and it will created a buffer), but in some cases, after the block the streaming proceed very discontinuously as if one alternatively push 2x go and pause.

Do you think it is a product problem? Or do i have to modify something in kodi?

I'm thinking to buy a M8s Pro Plus, it is cheap so i can afford the experiment, but do you think it is very different from the "bigger" brother i have?

Thanks in advance for the help
The AML Kernel wizard - @kszaq, has fixed or worked around the Linux GPU drivers - Graphic User interface tearing for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the AMLogic S912's.

Download image to flash HERE

The S912's are quick devices for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton.

Trouble with S912 M8S Pro - install alternate Android TV Firmware from FreakTab

Trouble with buffering - increase Kodi's Video Cache:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

(2017-09-13, 13:58)dokdok Wrote: But actually i'm not fully satisfacted, because streaming fluxes are not so regular. In the case of Live Tv, i can accept that sometimes the flux is temporally blocked, (and it will created a buffer), but in some cases, after the block the streaming proceed very discontinuously as if one alternatively push 2x go and pause.
You probably need a bigger flux capacitor.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And that 1.21 Giga Watts of power that will be needed might be a bit Hard to source too Wink

A lightning bolt works for me.
that's fine, english is not my mother language, i'm italian Smile I'm laughting with all you for my poor language but i'm sure the problem is understandable and someone can give me an help even without ghostbusters Wink
(2017-09-13, 14:57)wrxtasy Wrote: The AML Kernel wizard - @kszaq, has fixed or worked around the Linux GPU drivers - Graphic User interface tearing for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the AMLogic S912's.

Thanks for your answer, do you suggest me to try with that rom, so?
(2017-09-14, 02:31)dokdok Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 14:57)wrxtasy Wrote: The AML Kernel wizard - @kszaq, has fixed or worked around the Linux GPU drivers - Graphic User interface tearing for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the AMLogic S912's.

Yes, he is suggesting to install that ROM he linked to. I have the same one, the MeCool M8S Pro (not the PLUS) and I am using this mod, and it works very well.

To clarify, the mod from Freaktab that he linked to.
(2017-09-14, 02:29)dokdok Wrote: that's fine, english is not my mother language, i'm italian Smile I'm laughting with all you for my poor language but i'm sure the problem is understandable and someone can give me an help even without ghostbusters Wink
My apologies. I think you mean "flow” rather than ”flux”. I'll let you know when I plan a trip to Italy so you can laugh in person at my Italian.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-09-14, 04:00)nickr Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 02:29)dokdok Wrote: that's fine, english is not my mother language, i'm italian Smile I'm laughting with all you for my poor language but i'm sure the problem is understandable and someone can give me an help even without ghostbusters Wink
My apologies. I think you mean "flow” rather than ”flux”. I'll let you know when I plan a trip to Italy so you can laugh in person at my Italian.

No apologies, really Smile that's was a funny error, and an honor to be joked citing a nerd-totem as GhostBuster.
(2017-09-14, 02:46)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 02:31)dokdok Wrote:

Yes, he is suggesting to install that ROM he linked to. I have the same one, the MeCool M8S Pro (not the PLUS) and I am using this mod, and it works very well.

To clarify, the mod from Freaktab that he linked to.

What is the difference between the MeCool M8S Pro and the MeCool M8S Pro+ ? I just ordered the MeCool M8S Pro+.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6