• 92(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-09-12, 22:07)Didko Wrote: Same here!
So, I wasn't active for awhile, but now I upgraded my Pi and I've hit the same problem - a song longer than 8:30 min got muted. Was there any workaround for this?

Please test with next version 1.1.43 which will be available later today. I might have fixed it just now.
(2017-09-13, 11:51)ratimes3 Wrote: The quality of sound via SfK is clearly less than when I play through your spotify app and use the local playback device. Adjusting the Lame-quality level in the LMS has no audible effect.
If playback is handled by LMS, squeezelite will be outputting audio to your sound card and not Kodi or this add-on.
You will have to refer to the squeezelite and/or LMS settings to tweak that. I had best results by just using the default settings where PCM is sent to squeezelite.
BTW: You're using a pretty old version of LMS-server, maybe consider switching to the more recent 7.9 version ?

(2017-09-13, 11:51)ratimes3 Wrote: Spotify's made playlists like Discovery weekly and Release Radar, but also the radios do not work if I indicate SfK as playback device.

When i switch from SfK playback device to local playback device ( or the other way around) the music i played before keeps on interfering with new music. only a reboot helps.

Well, the current LMS support in this Spotify add-on is kind of experimental and I just implemented the basics. Once I have some additional spare time I'll do my best to also fix the missing features like Spotify radio and such. I've added it to my todo list.
(2017-09-03, 21:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 23:33)zilexa Wrote: Would it be an idea to create a "Light" version of your add-on that only adds Spotify Connect feature, purely receiving audio, perhaps only showing the title or that playback is happening?

I used this solution and it was fantastic. I didn't even turn my TV on. The Raspberry is always on and connected to my received via HDMI so I could always play music any time. Unfortunately this solution requires a Spotify Dev key and Spotify stopped providing them.

I'm not interested in creating that, that would require me to maintain another add-on while the browse features do not require any overhead if you don't use it. I believe there already is such an add-on for libreelec if you only seek a spotify connect player.

The Librespot addon for LibreELEC behaves like a Spotify Connect device.
It is available from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository and discussed here.
Spotify for Kodi and Librespot for LibreELEC are complementary:
Use Spotify for Kodi to control Spotify from Kodi.
Use LibreSpot for LibreELEC to control Spotify from a Spotify app.
Enjoy!
(2017-09-13, 20:54)marcelveldt Wrote: Please test with next version 1.1.43 which will be available later today. I might have fixed it just now.

Marcel, thanks for the update. Is the new version published?
(2017-09-03, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-08-18, 15:16)a1rwulf Wrote: @marcelveldt now that the addon does not rely on libspotify anymore and is fully opensource (unless I missed something), have you considered submitting it to the official repo?

Yes I have but as far as I know it's not okay to include binaries in an add-on for the official repo.
Unless you're willing to accept that ;-)

That's indeed right and still the case afaik.
But does the addon still depend on a closed source binary?

Quote:The add-on had a major refactor and is now no longer relying on libspotify.
Instead it will now utilize a slightly modified version of librespot (open source spotify sdk) with a big thanks to @plietar for creating this custom spotify SDK.
Also, it's no longer needed to have a webbrowser installed on the pi.

Made me think that it's not depending on closed sources anymore.
Hi,
I want to make this wonderful plugin work again on my Xubuntu system, but just can't get it runnning. Everytime I install the plugin Kodi crashs with following exception. After the crash I can start kodi normally and just a notification comes up that there was an error when initializing this plugin.

From debugging this error message the plugin seems to miss the exceptions file of urllib3. I double checked the path where it's looking for this module, and the module exists on the fs. It seems also not clear to me why there should be an SSLError, which seems to indicate a Certificate mismatch.

I would really appreciate any help to make get this running :-)

Code:
23:08:36.077 T:140260176541440   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/service.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                MainService()
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 60, in __init__
                                                me = self.sp.me()
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotipy/client.py", line 570, in me
                                                return self._get('me/')
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotipy/client.py", line 148, in _get
                                                return self._internal_call('GET', url, payload, kwargs)
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/spotipy/client.py", line 110, in _internal_call
                                                r = self._session.request(method, url, headers=headers, proxies=self.proxies, **args)
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 488, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 609, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/seppi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 497, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Smile 
(2017-09-13, 20:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-09-11, 16:58)vanmanda Wrote: I do have one question about the multiple accounts feature.
I have added three accounts, but it seems the add-on only used the first account.
On the first page of the add-on I see an item showing the current account but I do not know how the switch accounts.
When I select that item I expected a pop-up which would allow me to switch accounts, but nothing happens.
Can you explain me how to switch accounts?

If you enter the add-on/plugin at the main level you should see an entry at the bottom with your current user account.
If you just press that there will be a popup with your user accounts, just select another account and it's all set.
If that popup does not appear in your case, there might be an error I missed. Please share your kodi logfile after trying to open that user switch menu.

Hi, I found the cause of the problem. If you make a mistake in one of the usernames or passwords, the Spotify add-on will not show you the pop-up. I entered the e-mail address of one of the users instead of the username and found this in kodi.log:
Code:
SpotifyException: http status: 400, code:-1 - https://api.spotify.com/v1/users/[email protected]:
                                             Invalid username

Thanks for pointing me in the right directionWink
(2017-09-03, 16:25)LuzZz Wrote:
(2017-09-02, 06:42)Klattsy Wrote: Edit - all good, nuked it all and started fresh Kodi install, all good now. Having issues with connect though. Do you need to be on same wifi or just same network? Raspberry Pi is hard wired, phone is on router wifi. The TV screen
Shows what is playing on phone but audio still comes through phone.

Hello!

How did You manage to log-in? Are You running Kodi in a X environment?
I am running my Raspberry with a CLI + Kodi.
When I run Spotify Addon for the first time it displays an announcement: "default browser will be opened to log-in".
Of course there is no default browser in my case so next window says: "there was an error, enter Your credentials:"
So I type in my login and password but window repeats and repeats Undecided

There was a hint at the beginning of this thread to authenticate on a different device and move /userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify to RPi but that didn't work either (I installed Kodi on my Windows PC, Spotify Addon, authenticated via web browser successfully).

How do You normally login to Your spotify? Via Facebook? Have You created a "device specific password" in Spotify account settings?

Any advice? Please help!

Best regards,
Lucas

Mate I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm running latest Kodi version on a Pi3. It just works. That browser thing sounds like something from an older version of the add on. Have you got latest?

I didn't need app specific, that's only if you have two step authentication in google. I normally only login in on android or pc. Never with Facebook.

Edit and I just got connect working. Pi as the target. This is awesome. Thanks!
(2017-09-13, 20:54)marcelveldt Wrote: Please test with next version 1.1.43 which will be available later today. I might have fixed it just now.

Did you manage to get around to releasing this? Repo only showing 1.1.42 and still with the x64 error. Thanks in advance mate.
(2017-09-14, 17:21)awiouy Wrote:
(2017-09-03, 21:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 23:33)zilexa Wrote: Would it be an idea to create a "Light" version of your add-on that only adds Spotify Connect feature, purely receiving audio, perhaps only showing the title or that playback is happening?

I used this solution and it was fantastic. I didn't even turn my TV on. The Raspberry is always on and connected to my received via HDMI so I could always play music any time. Unfortunately this solution requires a Spotify Dev key and Spotify stopped providing them.

I'm not interested in creating that, that would require me to maintain another add-on while the browse features do not require any overhead if you don't use it. I believe there already is such an add-on for libreelec if you only seek a spotify connect player.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I don't use LibreELEC, my raspberry does a lot more then just playback, therefore I use OSMC. Not sure if Librespot for LibreELEC will work but I'll test.
Hey Marcel,

i have a short question. When i save a spotify-playlist local on libreelec and play the music, kodi doesn't show the artist or the titel of the song...only the last three digits from the http-address....in this example the number "219":

#EXTCPlayListM3U::M3U
#EXTINF:0,03. Applescal - For Lovers
http://localhost:52308/track/79mRxOGzTMmVPOWom8j0S9/219

But in the playlist-edit-mode, kodi shows the correct artist name and song title !?

Hope you know what i mean!?

Cheers
Meschugge
(2017-09-18, 11:21)zilexa Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 17:21)awiouy Wrote:
(2017-09-03, 21:11)marcelveldt Wrote: I'm not interested in creating that, that would require me to maintain another add-on while the browse features do not require any overhead if you don't use it. I believe there already is such an add-on for libreelec if you only seek a spotify connect player.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I don't use LibreELEC, my raspberry does a lot more then just playback, therefore I use OSMC. Not sure if Librespot for LibreELEC will work but I'll test.
LibreELEC and OSMC are similar, but different enough that Librespot for LibreELEC is unlikely to work on OSMC.
It should however be easy to adapt the addon to OSMC. Ask the OSMC devs or Kodi devs.
And now I stop hijacking this thread Wink
Hi Marcel - thank you so much for this so long awaited Addon! Works really great (togehther with my Kindle App and ALEXA) hihihi For the moment just one Q: what about <Volume control? Did you see any solution to control volume on spotify connected devices from inside Kodi ?

Again! Thanks and all the best to you!

Cheers joerg
(2017-09-13, 20:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 11:40)Mowa Wrote: The second log from my htpc with debug enabled.
https://pastebin.com/r21qE5qt

Thanks for the log. I think I found why this error was happening to you.
Applied a fix just now and a new version of the add-on will be available on the repo later tonight.
Dear Marcel,
Still waiting patiently for the release of the update. Angel
(2017-08-20, 10:33)moppi1988 Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 07:55)moppi1988 Wrote: I've been using Spotify addon for a long time and I like it.
Now I use version 1.1.42 under Win10 on Kodi 17.3.
But since a while (several months) I see the following behavior:

When I awake my PC from suspend mode a system window pops up saying:
"spotty_64.exe funktioniert nicht mehr (doesn't work anymore)."
I have to close this window manually then everything works fine again. But I cannot close this window by
normal Kodi remote. I have to plugin a mouse which is annoying.
I have no idea where this message is coming from. There is no entry in Kodi logfile. Looks like
a Spotify own system message.
Does anyone else have this problem?

(2017-09-03, 21:22)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 10:33)moppi1988 Wrote: Meanwhile this issue appears more often and not only during wakeup but within playing music. Yesterday this error window popped up every 10 minutes. Once Kodi crashed completely.
I have the feeling this is related to weak internet connection. Could that be?

I will post an updated version of the add-on on my repo later today. Please test if that fixes the issue as it has an updated version of the Spotty/Librespot binary included.

Unfortunately the story gets much worse now. After the latest Win10 update some days ago the error message pops up continuously, i.e. every about 10 seconds. It blocks not only the usage of the addon but blocks usage of whole Kodi now. The only way to get rid of the messages (which are system level messages, not coming from Kodi) is to deinstall the Spotify addon.
I removed the addon completely and reinstalled it. But same behavior again. I run a log with debug, but there are no Spotify related errors or warnings in it.
I have not clue why only me have this issue. This is probably related to a Win10 run time library version or so.
Can you help, please? It would be too bad to deinstall the addon permanently as only possible solution.

Thanks a lot!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17