Applying replaygain to MP4 (video) files
[Edit: split into separate thread - DB]

A little off-topic, but does Kodi recognize/apply ReplayGain tags for MP4 (video) files?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2017-09-14, 23:08)curtis-r Wrote: A little off-topic, but does Kodi recognize/apply ReplayGain tags for MP4 (video) files?

I believe so, your tag writer app needs to use format of:
Code:
----:com.apple.iTunes:replaygain_track_gain

This of course assumes you are scanning the file to the music library playing the file as music only (the videoplayer doesn't apply replaygain AFAIK).

scott s.
(2017-09-15, 00:01)scott967 Wrote: This of course assumes you are scanning the file to the music library playing the file as music only (the videoplayer doesn't apply replaygain AFAIK).

That confirms my suspicion, that the videoplayer doesn't apply replaygain. Any reason why? I hate so much the volume inconsistency that I'm currently using an app to normalize to 89db my mp4s, but I'd rather not have to always do this, especially when replaygain would solve this.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
If you mean using something like Audacity and running a replaygain filter then re-encoding, that seems the only way to do it. I suppose the main use for this would be 2-chan music videos and music video just doesn't have much (really any) dev support.

scott s.
(2017-09-15, 21:10)scott967 Wrote: ...and music video just doesn't have much (really any) dev support.
Music library generally only has me, and I don't own a music video to even try current use. So yes currently dev support for music video in libaries is lacking. As a media player Kodi will play music videos of course.

But if someone wants to get involved with development in that area then I will try to help and advise. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Applying replaygain to MP4 (video) files0