• 103(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-09-15, 04:03)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 21:34)leo5111 Wrote: only other device is a ps4 on another hdmi, i can select 4k in kodi but i thought you were saying set it to 1080p and let the tv upscale?
Yes you are right. If you are feeding your TV 1080p content at 1080p it will always show 1080p on the TV's pop up banner. Internally your TV will do the 1080p > 4K upscaling.

Do you have to set the Android OS display output to 1080, as well as the Kodi setting to 1080?
99% of Android devices do not support proper auto Resolution switching - so if viewing mainly 1080p content on a 4K TV leave the Android Settings System - Screen Resolution at 1080p and let the 4K TV do the 1080p > 4K picture upscaling with its superior hardware.

(2017-09-15, 08:58)wrxtasy Wrote: 99% of Android devices do not support proper auto Resolution switching - so if viewing mainly 1080p content on a 4K TV leave the Android Settings System - Screen Resolution at 1080p and let the 4K TV do the 1080p > 4K picture upscaling with its superior hardware.

As you say on my Minix X8H+ the maximum id 1080 6oHz.

On my Shield it has 1080p 59.940Hz, 4K 23.976Hz, 4K 50Hz, 4K 60Hz and 4K 59.940Hz (Recommended) connected via an HDMI cable to a Sony 4K TV.

Which setting would you recommend I set the shield to and what setting should I set Kodi to?
It all depends how fussy you are about 1080p upscaled picture quality on a 4K TV with a 4K Android Screen resolution set on the Shield.

Android Kodi Krypton has no high quality Lancos3 optimised upscaling options.

Please read this thread about upscaling on the NVIDIA Shield.

Disable upscaling in Nvidia Shield? (4K/UHD)

If you mostly only watch 1080p content leave the Shield's Android Screen resolution setting at 1080p and manually switch it over to 4K when you want to do some 4K viewing.

The 4K Amazon FireTV does this:

Playing 4K Ultra HD Videos on Fire TV

I will be interested to see what hardware upscaled picture quality the new Apple TV 4K can output when it is permanently set to a 4K screen resolution.
Maybe they will have an option to Auto Resolution switch for optimal picture outputs. Who knows.

(2017-09-15, 09:51)wrxtasy Wrote: It all depends how fussy you are about 1080p upscaled picture quality on a 4K TV with a 4K Android Screen resolution set on the Shield.

Android Kodi Krypton has no high quality Lancos3 optimised upscaling options.

Please read this thread about upscaling on the NVIDIA Shield.

Disable upscaling in Nvidia Shield? (4K/UHD)

If you mostly only watch 1080p content leave the Shield's Android Screen resolution setting at 1080p and manually switch it over to 4K when you want to do some 4K viewing.

The 4K Amazon FireTV does this:

Playing 4K Ultra HD Videos on Fire TV

I will be interested to see what hardware upscaled picture quality the new Apple TV 4K can output when it is permanently set to a 4K screen resolution.
Maybe they will have an option to Auto Resolution switch for optimal picture outputs. Who knows.

Thanks for clear answer
(2017-09-15, 09:51)wrxtasy Wrote: I will be interested to see what hardware upscaled picture quality the new Apple TV 4K can output when it is permanently set to a 4K screen resolution.

Yes. AIUI applications have no control over output resolution or frame rate, and the tvOS-based Apple TV 4 doesn't (or didn't last time I checked) have a manual option of 23.976/24p output - just 50 or 60Hz. I've never been that impressed with the Apple TV as a solution for watching 24p content as a result.

Who knows if the new Apple TV 4K will now support 24p output - it would make sense if they are going for the 'high-end' movies (with HDR10/DolbyVision/HLG output) Apple's announcement that UHD HDR content won't cost more - and that existing purchased HD movies will be upgraded to UHD HDR at zero cost (if the movie is released in this format) appears to be a major bonus. (Though not relevant to Kodi)

On the other hand, the excellent native UI and support for 50Hz output makes it a good choice as a non-Kodi catch-up TV platform for European broadcast 25/50Hz catch up TV services like the BBC's iPlayer - which offers 720/50p - and the equivalent from SVT, NRK, DR etc. DR's in particular has a lovely UI.

If they can get 24p output working properly - then Netflix, Amazon and Apple iTunes Store content (which you also watch on iPad, iPhone, laptop etc.) on a single box is a compelling solution, particularly if integrated. (Though again - not Kodi specific)
(2017-09-15, 06:19)wrxtasy Wrote: I would say @Raybuntu's - as he keeps right on top of the latest developments - and has added extra tweaks and Addons to his 32bit LE releases.
It also has some backported media build DVB Tuner support.

The 64bit LE compatible .tar update I posted at the top of the thread is pretty bang up to date as well. It has some Linux Kernel H264 video playback improvements in it that i need for watching H264 1080i Live TV.

64bit (aarch64) is not compatible with 32bit (arm) releases. See Raybuntu's ODROID C2 thread Page #1 for switchover 64bit > 32bit details.
I would say your releases work best for me. It was your release I started using when I bought the C2, then I switched to Raybuntu's version as there were no newer version from you, and I had whole bunch of problems: skip back freeze, wrong resolution switching (when Adjust Refresh Rate on Start/Stop is used, 720p/1080p content was switching back and forth on skip back/ff), way slower live tv channel switch. And quite a lot of freezes. Nothing of this happens with your version. Actually, I don't think I can mention any bug at the moment based on my use. I had one freeze while watching live tv, that's all.
So I would definitely recommend your version. I'm using the beta now that you linked.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én E5823 eszközömről
If anyone is having 1080i H264 jerky playback Live TV issues this recent 64bit LE compile has fixed it for me:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.1.1.a.tar

(2017-09-23, 09:24)wrxtasy Wrote: If anyone is having 1080i H264 jerky playback Live TV issues this recent 64bit LE compile has fixed it for me:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.1.1.a.tar

Thanks man!
Can you make also a 32bit version of this?
How is the IR support for MCE remotes with the Odroid C2 with LibreELEC? I see some complaints that it doesn't work correctly / right (double key presses). Also, are there any issues, specifically with the SPDIF output, when using the HiFi Shield Plus board with it?
Hello,

can anyone Help me.Everytime i want to install Android 6 on Odroid C2 i have Problems.If i select the image with win 32 Disk imager it not work.Find no Image.If i would install android 5.1 the image was found and installed.PLs help
With Hardkernel having supply issues with the ODroid 2 of late, is there any comparable Kodi-capable hardware for a similar price from other manufacturers?
(2017-10-20, 09:52)dexx Wrote: With Hardkernel having supply issues with the ODroid 2 of late, is there any comparable Kodi-capable hardware for a similar price from other manufacturers?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
this is quite a long thread.... please don't shoot me
what is the status of auto refresh rate switching when running android on the c2?
Auto Refresh Switching and Auto 1080p / 4K resolution switching works perfectly - just like all other LibreELEC S9xx AMLogic devices.

C2 is a nippy little beastie when used with eMMC Flash Storage, a wee Overclock and a used with Wireless remote Smile

• 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610