• 88(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
debug log (wiki) in a new thread please.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Bigger Video Cache - Example4:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

Save to a plain text file on a USB stick called advancedsettings.xml

Use Kodi's File manager to copy that file into the Profile directory.

Quit and restart Kodi.

Thank you wrxtasy. Any recommendations on the numbers to use? I have the 2gb/16gb mecool box.

I still don't understand why there is a diff going from MicroSD vs Nand.

Appreciate the help, it must be annoying dealing with noobs.
I bought a Cooleme s905x 2GB/8GB works great with LibreELEC Smile

Booting from MicroSD Card because i still wanted to keep the Android OS for Emulators and some Apps.
(2017-09-18, 04:25)adam149 Wrote: Thank you wrxtasy. Any recommendations on the numbers to use? I have the 2gb/16gb mecool box.

I don't understand why there should be a difference either, so long as you are using the same source.

Keep in mind increasing the buffer size may not be the answer to all your buffering problems. Problems can occur on the network or at the source.

These are the numbers I use on my 2GB RAM boxes:-

<cache>
<memorysize>209715200</memorysize>
<readfactor>20</readfactor>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
</cache>
(2017-09-18, 09:28)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 04:25)adam149 Wrote: Thank you wrxtasy. Any recommendations on the numbers to use? I have the 2gb/16gb mecool box.

I don't understand why there should be a difference either, so long as you are using the same source.

Keep in mind increasing the buffer size may not be the answer to all your buffering problems. Problems can occur on the network or at the source.

These are the numbers I use on my 2GB RAM boxes:-

<cache>
<memorysize>209715200</memorysize>
<readfactor>20</readfactor>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
</cache>

Thanks so much for that. I'll give it a try. I'm confident it's not the neteork or the source.
Just in case you are not on Freaktab...

Finally I had the time to do some more work on my M8S Pro+ with Magendanz's great 20170815 ATV ROM.
After rooting it and fixing the file permission for frequency rate switching,
I tried both Kodi 17.4 (from the Play Store) with the Kodi.AmLogic.script.frequency.switcher addon
and the latest FTMC Jarvis 16.2.31, enabling the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" setting for both.

With Kodi 17.4 the correct frequency rate is set by the addon, yet video is not smooth at all at 24HZ,
as it seems Kodi is not aware of the new display frequency (it sticks to the detected 50HZ rate set in ATV -
I will give look at Kodi sources someday)

With FTMC the correct frequency rate is automatically set and the video is butter smooth whatever the frame rate is...
but almost perfect, since fast forwarding and chapter skipping somehow confuse FTMC and there be can some black screen
until the GUI is back (only once it hang completely).

I gave also a quick look at SPMC but it also seems not perfect...

I know that Kodi will be almost perfect with LibreELEC, and I will try that, too.
(2017-09-16, 13:07)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 12:14)failax Wrote: So If I buy S912 MECOOL M8S Pro I can have Librelec perfectly running (automatic refresh rate) and decent wifi?
If you want the best WiFi buy a MINIX U9-H

The Videostrong KIII Pro is basically a M8S Pro with a TV Tuner attached....I've already told you WiFi works on the M8S Pro.

libreelec-8-2-for-s912

No media player Box is "perfect". Simply none of them are, but we do know ones that work well.

All Amlogic LibreELEC S9xx boxes do HD Audio passthrough and auto refresh and auto resolution switching.

On Libreelec forum kszaq keeps not recommending amlogic s912 devices.Have you tested personally M8S pro L s912?There are reboots and crashes?
Today I see a great offer for M8S pro L s912, I'm very tempted..
The polishing of s912 kernels on LibreELEC is quite new. It isn't going to be immediately 'shiny' on all devices.

Having said that, @kszaq's advice is usually good!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@wrxtasy thanks for your mecool pro + device tree's for use with LibreElec. Are these the same as kszaq generic s905x device tree ?

Sent from my HTC One M9
i picked up a s912 km8 2gb/8gb device 1000m lan, booted up libreelec, paired my harmony remote via bluetooth and i must say, this is the best budget box to date, UHD backups play perfect with HDR.. UI is nice and snappy even with heavier skins. great device.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Hi guys,
 any news on the M8s pro plus boxes.?
I have always used Raspberry pi but just wanted something new to tinker with.
However, I heard there was a batch of these M8s boxes that was bad.
Any info on this.?
How would this box compare to the pi 3.?
Yes there have been serious problems with a bad batch of dodgy Samsung eMMC flash chips on some M8S Pro+ boxes.
See the Freaktab forums.

As we have always said hardware reliability at the real budget end of the market cannot be guaranteed. Ever.
It really depends on which way the wind is blowing at the Shenzhen Manufacturing plant that week it seems.

LibreELEC on Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS

That S912 Pro "L" box also has Widevine L1 DRM and HDCP 1.x to allow an Dual Boot LE / ATV ROM that can directly install and use Android TV - 1080p Netflix, HBO, 4K Youtube etc
Pretty snappy devices AML S912's - especially when combined with a Wireless USB dongle remote like a MINIX A2 lite.

Downside = No Reset Switch anymore on the new (fixed eMMC) MECOOL M8S Pro+ and "L" boxes now - if you totally brick them physical opening up of the box is now required to connect some PCB board contacts where the reset button should have been. These are now real "hackers" boxes.

LibreELEC can be initially installed and run from a SD card with an Android Terminal "reboot update" command to get Dual boot up and running.

Just a quick FYI and a question. First, I got one of these gadgets a couple of months ago, and it does Kodi very well. It passes through all HD Audio (Dolby and DTS to 7.1). Second, it *does* have a hacked up version of Kodi on it, they call it "TV Centre" or some such. As soon as you run the app, it installs a boatload of addons, but I killed it an took it off, and didn't investigate further if there were any naughty ones loaded.

BUT...

Of course I want to do Android TV on it. No clue how to get started. I have a Beelink GT1 that I installed the Android TV firmware on from Freaktab's site (from here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...-ultimate) but of course there's no Widevine, so basically it's just a Kodi toaster.

I'd like to get the same firmware on this device, and thus be able to use Netflix with HD audio. Does anyone have any pointers to tutorials? I found an S905X forum over there, but I'm not seeing the firmware or flash instructions.
Sorry but this is not a Android DIY Firmware Forum, that is exactly what the Freaktab website Firmware ROM's & Tools sub-forums are for where all the instructions and help should be asked for regarding Firmware. The Subforum to look for is the AMLogic S912 for the Beelink GT1.

For any 1080p Netflix on any Android device you need at least Widevine L1 and HDCP 1.x. And the correct Android Firmware frameworks.
If your box was not sold with that DRM forget about 1080p Netflix, HBO etc. it cannot be added via flashing any Firmware found on a website.
This is why specific MECOOL boxes names keep popping up, because they are now sold with Widevine L1 DRM and HDCP 1.x.

• 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6