• 75(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Yeah, my setup runs into those two problems as well. Once AEL is no longer blocking we can replace the kill command with an equivalent kodi-send quit. That will be a much more stable solution as well.
Hi again ,
I use AEL with zephyr skin and I have a problem with my screenshot that are too big.
I dunno if it's ael related but can you tell me to reduce the resolution of thoses pics to fit the box perfectly ?
where can I find the xml or code ?

(2017-09-11, 15:58)yevaman44 Wrote: Hi again ,
I use AEL with zephyr skin and I have a problem with my screenshot that are too big.
I dunno if it's ael related but can you tell me to reduce the resolution of thoses pics to fit the box perfectly ?
where can I find the xml or code ?

It is a skin issue, not an AEL issue. In order for the posters (mapped to boxfront by default) fit in the box then you have to keep the aspect ratio and do not scale the image. In that particular view, change this line of code and substitute with this one. Also, it is a good idea to map the key F5 to reload the skin as indicated here. Then, you make your changes to the XML and press F5 to see the results instantly. It is also a very good idea to use Git to track the changes you made to the XMLs.
@crono141 Your idea of creating a temporary file with AEL's categoryID, launcherID and romID and then using autoexec.py is a really good one! I will maybe modify my script to include it. Also, have a look at this post in the Gamestarter addon that describes the latest AEL development. I think I could add your script for RetroPie to the AEL asset library including the launching scripts to simplify the configuration.

@everyone Let me summarise the current status of 0.9.7:

1) More or less AEL is ready for a 0.9.7 release, as you can see in the changelog. Currently I have to make sure the scrapers in the ROM scanner use cached contents which I estimate about 8 hours of coding. Also, the feature of creating Parent/Clone groups using the filenames of the ROMs have proven challeging because currently the No-Intro/Redump audit code is coupled with the Parent/Clone group generation. I think I will move that feature for 0.9.8 to not delay the release of 0.9.7.

Note that AEL 0.9.7 will require Kodi Krypton and up (Jarvis is not supported any more).

2) This and next week I'm going to be really busy with real life, but I will have a free-time window over the last week of September. I will try to make a release of 0.9.7-beta1 around then.

3) With the addition of the new XML configurations and wrapper scripts to use AEL in LibreELEC and RetroPie distributions I may have to think on a new layout for the AEL asset library. For example, configurations for SEGA now look like this (example from Launchers - SEGA directory):

Code:
Mega Drive - Fusion (Windows).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper).xml

The artwork and the XML configurations are on the same directory. However, if I include more configurations like this:

Code:
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper Retropie).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper LibreELEC).xml

We can end with a lot of XML files on the same folder which can be confusing for some people! Maybe the configurations can be separated for each platform:

Code:
./Launchers artwork SEGA/ -> has artwork and metadata NFO files for SEGA platform
./Launchers XML Linux/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (all platforms in one directory)
./Launchers XML Linux wrapper/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux RetroPie/ -> has XML configurations for RetroPie (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux LibreELEC/ -> has XML configurations for LibreELEC (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Windows/ -> has XML configurations for Windows
./Launchers XML Android/ -> has XML configurations for Android

What do you (everybody) think?
(2017-09-12, 14:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @crono141 Your idea of creating a temporary file with AEL's categoryID, launcherID and romID and then using autoexec.py is a really good one! I will maybe modify my script to include it. Also, have a look at this post in the Gamestarter addon that describes the latest AEL development. I think I could add your script for RetroPie to the AEL asset library including the launching scripts to simplify the configuration.

1) More or less AEL is ready for a 0.9.7 release, as you can see in the changelog. Currently I have to make sure the scrapers in the ROM scanner use cached contents which I estimate about 8 hours of coding. Also, the feature of creating Parent/Clone groups using the filenames of the ROMs have proven challeging because currently the No-Intro/Redump audit code is coupled with the Parent/Clone group generation. I think I will move that feature for 0.9.8 to not delay the release of 0.9.7.

Note that AEL 0.9.7 will require Kodi Krypton and up (Jarvis is not supported any more).

2) This and next week I'm going to be really busy with real life, but I will have a free-time window over the last week of September. I will try to make a release of 0.9.7-beta1 around then.

3) With the addition of the new XML configurations and wrapper scripts to use AEL in LibreELEC and RetroPie distributions I may have to think on a new layout for the AEL asset library. For example, configurations for SEGA now look like this (example from Launchers - SEGA directory):

Code:

The artwork and the XML configurations are on the same directory. However, if I include more configurations like this:

Code:

We can end with a lot of XML files on the same folder which can be confusing for some people! Maybe the configurations can be separated for each platform:

Code:
./Launchers artwork SEGA/ -> has artwork and metadata NFO files for SEGA platform
./Launchers XML Linux/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (all platforms in one directory)
./Launchers XML Linux wrapper/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux RetroPie/ -> has XML configurations for RetroPie (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux LibreELEC/ -> has XML configurations for LibreELEC (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)

Looks very great !! Can't wait ! Thx to yuou to spend all this time for our pleasure !
(2017-09-12, 14:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @crono141 Your idea of creating a temporary file with AEL's categoryID, launcherID and romID and then using autoexec.py is a really good one! I will maybe modify my script to include it. Also, have a look at this post in the Gamestarter addon that describes the latest AEL development. I think I could add your script for RetroPie to the AEL asset library including the launching scripts to simplify the configuration.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Rofl VERY VERY great! Looks good! and keep the things organized it's a must when we speak with emulators and pc games.
+1 to this!
Does this addon support roms that are stored on an SMB share? It feels like I have everything set up correctly but my roms are not launching successfully.

New Launcher setup
Launcher: c:\program files\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe
Rom Path: \\server\games\wii
Rom Extension: ciso
Rom Arguments: -b -e $rom$"

When I launch a rom I get the following error from Dolphin when it launches: The specified file "\server\Games\Wii\Gametitle.ciso" does not exist
Obviously the path is incorrectly formed for a network path. However the kodi log shows the final argument as:

19:14:28.097 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\Program Files\Dolphin"
19:14:28.097 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext "ciso"
19:14:28.104 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "-b -e "$rom$""
19:14:28.104 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "-b -e "\\FREENAS\Software\Roms\Game Library\Wii\MarioKartWii (USA).ciso""
19:14:28.124 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\most_played.json
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2017-09-12, 14:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote: 3) With the addition of the new XML configurations and wrapper scripts to use AEL in LibreELEC and RetroPie distributions I may have to think on a new layout for the AEL asset library. For example, configurations for SEGA now look like this (example from Launchers - SEGA directory):

Code:

Code:

Code:

Hi Wintermute
Regarding the setup listed above, that looks great and would make it a lot easier to find the correct XML files for any given system.
As for me, still having wrapper issues, can't seem to get the revised run_retroarch.sh to execute, same as before.
I'll chase this up with kszaq or niabi (who compiled the two LE builds I've been using) and see if I can make any progress.
Again, thanks for all your assistance in trying to get me up and running with AEL!
Cheers
(2017-09-14, 02:21)htpc guy Wrote: Does this addon support roms that are stored on an SMB share? It feels like I have everything set up correctly but my roms are not launching successfully.

New Launcher setup

When I launch a rom I get the following error from Dolphin when it launches: The specified file "\server\Games\Wii\Gametitle.ciso" does not exist
Obviously the path is incorrectly formed for a network path. However the kodi log shows the final argument as:

19:14:28.097 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\Program Files\Dolphin"
19:14:28.104 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "-b -e "$rom$""
19:14:28.104 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "-b -e "\\FREENAS\Software\Roms\Game Library\Wii\MarioKartWii (USA).ciso""
19:14:28.124 T:14972 ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\most_played.json
Artwork could be on a network share or remote but ROMs must be on a locally mounted filesystem. Reason is that emulators do not support remote files! That will change for Kodi Retroplayer but for now ROMs must be on a local filesystem (note that you can mount your smb share to make it available locally)

Sent from my SC-02G
Hi
Your program is fantastic !

Just a question : when when i click to "add new rom", i can see the new but no one are scrapped (front/meta, etc)
i have to scrap manually every game to add picture (edit rom/asset artwork/scrap with...)

is it normal ?

thanks in advance

Fred
(2017-09-14, 10:39)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 02:21)htpc guy Wrote: Does this addon support roms that are stored on an SMB share? It feels like I have everything set up correctly but my roms are not launching successfully.

New Launcher setup

Artwork could be on a network share or remote but ROMs must be on a locally mounted filesystem. Reason is that emulators do not support remote files! That will change for Kodi Retroplayer but for now ROMs must be on a local filesystem (note that you can mount your smb share to make it available locally)

Sent from my SC-02G (typie typie)

I have no problems manually launching roms for Dolphin, or Retroarch using UNC paths. I can launch them from the emulators or from command line. Launchbox doesn't seem to have an issue with it either but I would much prefer to use Kodi.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2017-09-15, 02:43)htpc guy Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 10:39)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

New Launcher setup

Sent from my SC-02G (typie typie)

I have no problems manually launching roms for Dolphin, or Retroarch using UNC paths. I can launch them from the emulators or from command line. Launchbox doesn't seem to have an issue with it either but I would much prefer to use Kodi.

I have only found this bit of information about using UNC paths in Retroarch. It seems the feature has been added very recently. I will test this in my setup and add support into AEL ASAP.

In the mean time, you can patch AEL 0.9.6 so it will work with UNC paths. Just comment the 4 lines of code that check for ROM existence before launching placing # characters in front of them.
Hi,

After Hours or works, m'y configuration is near to what I wanted to do !

I spend many many time to exclude roms that I don't want to appears in my set. There is no possibility to select multi-roms so I excluded them one by one, set by set. Anyway those roms still exist on my hard drive. I fear that with a new installation of your addon or if my Pc crash, I loose all this work.

I was wondering if You can make a "tool" or an option in the next release to delete thoses roms on my hard drive?
I Know that in some situation, like mame roms, parents or clones are needeed to be launched. ( pacman for exemple)
This tool or option would be only for console set.

Is it possible ? Wink

Regards

Yevaman
Hi there,
This is a great plugin however I am finding that its missing some features that would make it so much better / more usable:

* Ability to add a configured launcher to Favorites.
* Ability to not block for an already-launched application.
* If / when multiple applications can be launched, then a submenu item to managed those already-launched programs, and e.g. bring to front (switch-to), to restart or relaunch them, or to quit them. All from within AE Launcher in kodi.

Kind Regards.
Hey Wintermute. Thanks for the compliment. Like I said my scripting is very basic, and once you have changed AEL to non-blocking, you'd want to exit Kodi gracefully with a kodi-send command. That's the only change I would make to the script. This requires, obviously, for kodi-send to be installed.

Regarding assets: My ideal setup would be to point AEL to a generic asset folder for all scraped roms, and for that folder to contain subfolders specific to each type of asset. The reason why this is ideal for me is that I run everything off of a server (mounted as a local folder on the pi), and it would be convenient and easy for me to duplicate my setup to other Pis in the house by simply duplicating the SD card. Then I won't need to rescrape assets, and I can keep the install size to a 4 gb card or less. Just my 2 cents. I try not to get into the nitty gritty of xml files if I can help it.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12