• 99(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
mmh - funny, this worked for me :-)

No matter, I gave feedback here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797 and as Subhransu uses Ubuntu + kodi that should be reproducable (hopefully).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
To a not so funny note. I mailed with Christian a bit (the other guy on the bugtracker with useful input) and as it works better for him, the old "upgrade the FW of the lspcon to 1.66" gets another visit.

You can verify if you run the newest version by adding the drm.debug=0xe flag to e.g. LE's or Ubuntus boot line (check distro manual on how to do so).

If all is good, it looks like:
[ 7.236455] [drm:drm_dp_i2c_do_msg [drm_kms_helper]] native defer
[ 7.237273] [drm:lspcon_wait_mode [i915]] Current LSPCON mode PCON
[ 7.237734] [drm:intel_dp_read_dpcd [i915]] DPCD: 12 14 c4 01 01 15 00 01 00 00 04 00 0f 00 04
[ 7.238119] [drm:drm_dp_read_desc [drm_kms_helper]] DP branch: OUI 00-60-ad dev-ID MC2800 HW-rev 2.2 SW-rev 1.66 quirks 0x0000
[ 7.238171] [drm:lspcon_init [i915]] Success: LSPCON init

If you are unlucky (as I am without windows for now), it looks like this:
[ 1.085578] [drm:drm_dp_i2c_do_msg [drm_kms_helper]] native defer
[ 1.086411] [drm:lspcon_wait_mode [i915]] Current LSPCON mode PCON
[ 1.086855] [drm:intel_dp_read_dpcd [i915]] DPCD: 12 14 c4 01 01 15 00 01 00 00 04 00 0f 00 00
[ 1.087239] [drm:drm_dp_read_desc [drm_kms_helper]] DP branch: OUI 00-60-ad dev-ID MC2800 HW-rev 2.2 SW-rev 1.56 quirks 0x0000
[ 1.087281] [drm:lspcon_init [i915]] Success: LSPCON init
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch

That behavior you saw was initially seen with Windows machines. The LSPCon Megachips FW v1.66 resolved that issue. Looks like we are seeing that issue on Linux machines that didn't get the FW update. Unfortunately it can only be updated from Windows.
(2017-09-20, 20:39)Ach!lles Wrote: @fritsch

That behavior you saw was initially seen with Windows machines. The LSPCon Megachips FW v1.66 resolved that issue. Looks like we are seeing that issue on Linux machines that didn't get the FW update. Unfortunately it can only be updated from Windows.

Yes. I contacted e.g. ASRock if they could include this FW update into a normal bios update. I am also checking with the intel devs if we can somehow "force" pushing the firmware on linux directly.
Thanks for pushing this through. I will see what I can do as well.
I installed the Windows 10 enterprise evaluation (you can download it for free) on an old hard drive just to do the update (maybe a large USB stick would even work?). A bit of a pain, but certainly faster than waiting Intel/ASRock to do something for it. Smile

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcent...enterprise
(2017-09-20, 21:19)trsqr Wrote: I installed the Windows 10 enterprise evaluation (you can download it for free) on an old hard drive just to do the update (maybe a large USB stick would even work?). A bit of a pain, but certainly faster than waiting Intel/ASRock to do something for it. Smile

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcent...enterprise

I don't want to give M$ my name nor my company nor my company's phone number :-)
(2017-09-20, 21:21)fritsch Wrote: I don't want to give M$ my name nor my company nor my company's phone number :-)

You could ask if the neighbour's dog would want to download it for you. Wink
I just tried Milhouse build on a NUC7i7BNH and no HD audio bit streaming. LSPCon FW @ 1.66
(2017-09-20, 21:50)Ach!lles Wrote: I just tried Milhouse build on a NUC7i7BNH and no HD audio bit streaming. LSPCon FW @ 1.66

Works for others with your very same HW :-) Make sure to disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" and post your Debug Log
(2017-09-20, 21:50)Ach!lles Wrote: I just tried Milhouse build on a NUC7i7BNH and no HD audio bit streaming. LSPCon FW @ 1.66

Did you disable the "Adjust refreshrate to match video" from the Player settings?
(2017-09-20, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote: Thanks @fritsch.

I would recommend everyone (edit: that uses LibreELEC!) tests with this LibreELEC 8.2 beta build:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...153419.tar

This includes the latest v2 HBR and ELD patches from Intel.

If people experience problems with passthrough HBR audio then they should report their Kodi player video and audio configuration, their AVR make/model, and whether they are using the default or custom EDID.

Try disabling "Adjust refresh rate to display" if you experience mixed up channels, or non-working audio

Obviously the results so far have not been unanimous, and we need to understand why that is.
NUC7i7BNH Dual Boot LE8.2 and W10. No HD audio passthrough with the posted build.
59.94Hz, refresh rate switching both enabled and disabled, Passthrough of all audio codecs, Denon AVR-4311, default EDID.
(2017-09-20, 21:55)Ach!lles Wrote:
(2017-09-20, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote: Thanks @fritsch.

I would recommend everyone (edit: that uses LibreELEC!) tests with this LibreELEC 8.2 beta build:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...153419.tar

This includes the latest v2 HBR and ELD patches from Intel.

If people experience problems with passthrough HBR audio then they should report their Kodi player video and audio configuration, their AVR make/model, and whether they are using the default or custom EDID.

Try disabling "Adjust refresh rate to display" if you experience mixed up channels, or non-working audio

Obviously the results so far have not been unanimous, and we need to understand why that is.
NUC7i7BNH Dual Boot LE8.2 and W10. No HD audio passthrough with the posted build.
59.94Hz, refresh rate switching both enabled and disabled, Passthrough of all audio codecs, Denon AVR-4311, default EDID.

A Debug Log would be nice never the less - we really need to find out why it works for some and not for others. Try 60 hz please.
Will do once I can get past some issue I have with installing the Kodi Log Uploader.
Is this the right build?
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.11.12 #1 SMP Wed Sep 20 15:06:06 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
LibreELEC:~ # lsb_release -a
LibreELEC (Milhouse): 8.2.0 [Build #0920f]
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9