• 46(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
hello, and thanks for the good work. one thing i noticed disappeared from previous version, is the add and delete menus and sub menus (don't know if this has been written already)

i now have to edit the xml to create delete or mod the menus, is this normal? there is no option in my skin, thank you
(2017-08-08, 22:23)modslife Wrote: hello, and thanks for the good work. one thing i noticed disappeared from previous version, is the add and delete menus and sub menus (don't know if this has been written already)

i now have to edit the xml to create delete or mod the menus, is this normal? there is no option in my skin, thank you

It was moved to the context menu in the menu settings screen, 'c' by default on the keyboard I believe. Just highlight any of the existing menu items open the context menu. Personally I find this confusing too, but now you can be part of the secret club too! Big Grin
I really like Mimic but always run into issues with the movie info page that comes with extended script errors, or youtube trailers not playing. i have mostly used Mimic on Nvidia shield on both SPMC, and kodi 17. everything started working but over time problems came. i left the SPMC for kodi 17 and mimic 5. and had youtube trailers working, after only a week the seach works, but can't play. on kodi 17 i don't get the extended script error. what i could see was the mimic installed addon, had missing youtube browser, but couldnt click it to install it. only some of the addons allowed me to install.

i looked everywhere for fixing this. and don't know which direction i should look after. i seems like its some dependencies that messing it up. or maybe just youtube changed something thats not implemented into mimic at this time.

could some point me in the right direction for making the setup more stable?
I want to compile the kodi 17.3 on ubuntu 16.04 and change the default skin estuary to mimic. But I am not sure how to realize it.

I did the try:
1. download mimic source code "https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/tree/krypton_v5" and unzip to kodi source code kodi-android/addons/skin.mimic
2. modify the manifest file: system/addon-manifest.xml
change <addon>skin.estuary</addon> to <addon>skin.mimic</addon>
3. modify the 2 setting file: system/settings/settings.xml
change <default>skin.estuary</default> to <default>skin.mimic</default>
4. execute make
5. execute ./kodi.bin to show the home screen. while the mimic home screen can not show the "vedio,music etc", just show a empty page.

hope someone can help me. thanks.
(2017-08-17, 19:25)Mock Wrote: I really like Mimic but always run into issues with the movie info page that comes with extended script errors, or youtube trailers not playing. i have mostly used Mimic on Nvidia shield on both SPMC, and kodi 17. everything started working but over time problems came. i left the SPMC for kodi 17 and mimic 5. and had youtube trailers working, after only a week the seach works, but can't play. on kodi 17 i don't get the extended script error. what i could see was the mimic installed addon, had missing youtube browser, but couldnt click it to install it. only some of the addons allowed me to install.

i looked everywhere for fixing this. and don't know which direction i should look after. i seems like its some dependencies that messing it up. or maybe just youtube changed something thats not implemented into mimic at this time.

could some point me in the right direction for making the setup more stable?

I tried downloading Youtube Browser manually, and works fine with youtube videos, Mimic 5 still reports not installed, i also tried to install extended script manually without any result. from the Movie info display under the youtube fan, i found out i could play the video by holding the enter button down to bring up the context menu, and from there i was able to play. so it more seems a combination between Extended Script and Mimic 5 that don't work together.

i run
Nvidia Shield
Kodi 17.3
Youtube Browser 1.0.0 20-08-2017
Extended Script 5.6.0 20-08-2017
Emby Media Player
Just wanted to say, I've been running Mimic for almost a year now, which is the longest period that I've been using the same skin ever since I started playing with XBMC. Thanks braz Big Grin
(2017-06-17, 17:44)braz Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 14:35)kjb85 Wrote: Hi braz,

Any chance of the ability to use UP/DOWN keys to directly scroll through channels on the PVR when the video is playing rather than having to press the info key first?
Or could you tell me how to edit to enable this?

Cheers
I'm not too familiar with pvr, I could only get it working after pressing info.

Hi Braz
i only have to add "Player.ShowInfo" in DialogSeekBar.xml and it works as desired. It would be great, if you could do this for us in the future.

Greetings Kaloschke
For the others:
Add Player.ShowInfo at the 4. line in DialogSeekBar.xml. You find the file inside the folder 1080i of the mimic.skin.
The tipp comes from Marc0810 at the kodinerds.net forum
I would like to add "File Manager" to the options in the shutdown menu. I previously had "File manager" as a main menu item, however, I would like keep that menu as "lean" as possible. Considering that "Settings" is in the Shutdown Menu, I thought it would be a good place for the File Mgr item.

Could you please provide some guidance on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Open "DialogButtonMenu" and add this new button anywhere in the "grouplist id=9000" list:
Code:
<control type="button" id="16">
    <description>File Manager</description>
    <texturenofocus />
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(all,true)</onclick>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(FileManager)</onclick>
    <label>File Manager</label>
</control>
(2017-09-21, 23:05)Tikipeter Wrote: Open "DialogButtonMenu" and add this new button anywhere in the "grouplist id=9000" list:
Code:
<control type="button" id="16">
    <description>File Manager</description>
    <texturenofocus />
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(all,true)</onclick>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(FileManager)</onclick>
    <label>File Manager</label>
</control>

Perfect! Thanks so much Smile
Sorry for a noob question, I just updated to this version in this thread and same for Kodi from an old Mimic 2.x I think.

I have the addon installed for shortcuts but I cant change or add new menu items?!

Also how do I make the background on the main menu not so dark and faded? Opacity % I think it is.

Thanks! Still love this theme, best evar.

edit: Figured it out, context menu from the menu area.

BUT can I make it start on a certain main menu it seems to default to far left menu item on startup?
Any chance of being able to enable TV Show and Movie ratings in Shift and Info Wall views? I like having ratings there, but they're only ever there in views that I don't like.

I used Shift for my TV Shows overview, and then List or Big List for episodes and I'd like to be able to see both the show's rating and the episodes
(2017-02-10, 23:28)braz Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 00:03)shaneypoopers Wrote: Hey,

I see the skin updated and there is now a plays recording action but it doesn't seem to be selectable?
Just fixed this on github.

Hi braz,

Just noticed that recordings are not playable on a second account from the popup information popup, have to context menu and select play form the list. Seems to be the same issue that you fixed before but only happening on secondary users, master user account works fine since you pushed out that fix.

thanks

Shane
Is there a way to get rid of the "Addon required" popup when I open the movie information? I don't want to install ExtendedInfo Script, I had a lot of problems with it in the past. It's too intrusive. I know Kodi is triggering the pop-up but could you get rid of the elements that have Kodi trigger them? I don't think this stuff is really needed. Or explain how I can do that manually?

Thanks
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2