This Classical music tagging is killing me....
(2017-09-25, 16:14)Bryan_W Wrote: Unfortunately, I was hoping that with my classical cds it would treat Orchestra/Conductor/Performers as album artists along with the composers.

Many MB classical music entries do have all 3 - composer, conductor and orchestra as the album artist. For example (randomly) https://musicbrainz.org/release/b5044963...b7d3940334. It also has the PERFORMER tag saying that LSO is the orchestra and CONDUCTOR tag that Previn is the conductor.

Default tagging also has the MB Work ID, and the name of the work, neither of which Kodi uses yet.

As far as I can see that just leaves sub-genres, much of whoich you can get from the title. So I'm going to suggest one more time you leave that plugin alone. The braketed stuff in the artist tag is going to result in artists called "LSO (orchestra)", and if you are preared to manually edit that then way not just manually provide genres instead, far less likely to mess up. But in the end it is up to you.

EDIT: I do feel temped to change the title of this thread to "Using a silly Picard plugin is killing me..." :p
But I won't in case that is an abuse of mod powers!
Sub genre is something I have always wanted and I think it could be done via metadata sites one day.

Personally I have Style as the main genre and Genre as the sub genre on TheAudioDB.

I am always happy to add new genres to the list.

Example
Style=Hip-Hop
Genre=West Coast Hip-Hop
(2017-09-25, 19:29)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-09-25, 16:14)Bryan_W Wrote: Unfortunately, I was hoping that with my classical cds it would treat Orchestra/Conductor/Performers as album artists along with the composers.

Many MB classical music entries do have all 3 - composer, conductor and orchestra as the album artist. For example (randomly) https://musicbrainz.org/release/b5044963...b7d3940334.
Link didn't work for me, but I did have a look around MB and saw that a lot of classical entries have all three.......Guess I'll increase the number of "test cds" from my collection and see what kind of results I get with them.

(2017-09-25, 19:29)DaveBlake Wrote: It also has the PERFORMER tag saying that LSO is the orchestra and CONDUCTOR tag that Previn is the conductor.
Saw that too.

(2017-09-25, 19:29)DaveBlake Wrote: Default tagging also has the MB Work ID, and the name of the work, neither of which Kodi uses yet.
Understood

(2017-09-25, 19:29)DaveBlake Wrote: As far as I can see that just leaves sub-genres, much of whoich you can get from the title. So I'm going to suggest one more time you leave that plugin alone. The braketed stuff in the artist tag is going to result in artists called "LSO (orchestra)", and if you are preared to manually edit that then way not just manually provide genres instead, far less likely to mess up. But in the end it is up to you.
With my typing skills sub genres would be WAY worse if I entered them by hand Tongue - another reason that "mixing and matching" is still being consideredWink

(2017-09-25, 19:29)DaveBlake Wrote: EDIT: I do feel temped to change the title of this thread to "Using a silly Picard plugin is killing me..." :p
But I won't in case that is an abuse of mod powers!
You're the mod...no such thing as an abuse of powers.Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This Classical music tagging is killing me....0