• 106(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-09-26, 07:20)condmaster Wrote: Hi all!

I have an NUC7i5BNH and a Samsung HW-K950 soundbar who supports Dolby TrueHD, I want to test the HD audio passthrough and I wounder what LibreELEC version I should test with?
Anyone have link so I can contribute with the test of the samsung bar.

Best regards

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2649816
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-25, 19:33)trsqr Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 07:08)Ach!lles Wrote: - The NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon failed to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- The NUC7i3BNK and NUC7i7BNH successfully bitstreamed Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

The LSPCon is different in the Skull Canyon (Parade Technologies PS175) and the NUC7 (MegaChips). Don't know why that would be important, but it's good to understand maybe.
I am aware of that so I chalked it up to FW/Linux deficiency
Is the ECS Liva Z supported by LibreELEC / Kodi? Can LibreELEC be installed to the eMMC module & support it?

It's an Apollo Lake platform, but a bit non-standard.
(2017-09-27, 16:11)Stereodude Wrote: Is the ECS Liva Z supported by LibreELEC / Kodi? Can LibreELEC be installed to the eMMC module & support it?

It's an Apollo Lake platform, but a bit non-standard.
If the eMMC appears as a normal block device to the kernel then I don't see why not.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-27, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote: If the eMMC appears as a normal block device to the kernel then I don't see why not.
Hmm... I'm not sure how to determine that (don't have one in hand). My Google-fu is either poor or I'm searching for the wrong things. FWIW, ECS says it supports Ubuntu and Win 10.

It looks like the kernel would need to support the Intel eMMC controller in the platform.
(2017-09-27, 16:41)Stereodude Wrote:
(2017-09-27, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote: If the eMMC appears as a normal block device to the kernel then I don't see why not.
Hmm... I'm not sure how to determine that (don't have one in hand). My Google-fu is either poor or I'm searching for the wrong things. FWIW, ECS says it supposed Ubuntu and Win 10.

Buy one, try it. With its HDMI 1.4 it's probably deadend already :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-09-27, 16:44)fritsch Wrote: Buy one, try it. With its HDMI 1.4 it's probably deadend already :-(
Well. I don't care about video playback, only audio. I want a fanless Chromebox replacement that is snappy when navigating a large music library. The Rpi 3 I've played around with isn't the solution.
Jep. Would be great for that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I regret getting my NUC.
Should have stuck with Shield until native HDMI 2 NUC came out so better chance of HDR support on Windows at least.
(2017-09-28, 22:20)Nekromantik Wrote: I regret getting my NUC.
Should have stuck with Shield until native HDMI 2 NUC came out so better chance of HDR support on Windows at least.
Not that this will make you feel any better but the roadmap for new NUCs was reported. Maybe we get native HDMI 2.0a
http://nucblog.net/2017/09/2018-intel-nuc-models/
Yay its back!
(2017-09-24, 22:22)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-09-24, 09:50)Milhouse Wrote: @wesk05/@Ach!lles:
#0924i is a LibreELEC 9.0/Kodi 18a1 build based on intel-drm-nightly (6aa0df3):
Thanks Milhouse!  This build also shows the same N/CTS error. To positively say this N/CTS error is indeed the problem, I will have to replicate this with an AVR that doesn't play HD audio. I will see whether I can find one.

(2017-09-24, 21:50)mule1 Wrote: These specs and much further infos can be found under 33.4.6.1 in the following document:
Sure! you will be able to find it in other documents. I copied the image from a document that is considered confidential and that's why I said I will not leave the image up permanently.

Has anyone opened a bug with Intel?
Hello,

I'm experiencing micro-stuttering (every couple of seconds) whatever I've tried.
On my old NUC DN2820FYKH with Kodi 16 I didn't have that problem, there the video was 100% stutter-free.

My system now:
NUC6CAYH
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Kernel 4.14 rc3
Pulseaudio disabled, just using ALSA, default device = HDMI 0
Kodi 17.4
Adjust display refresh rate = on start/stop
Sync playback to display = ON  (when I set it to "off", the screen gets shortly black during the video in certain intervals)
Audio: Just 2.0 stereo over the HDMI

Is there anything I could try installing or any setting I could try to solve this?

Or is it an ongoing problem with the NUC, with Ubuntu, the drivers or Kodi 17.4, and I just have to wait until someone sorts this out??

(By the way, going back to Kodi 16 is NOT an option because I want to use Youtube with Mpeg DASH for 1080p.)

EDIT: Native 60Hz material doesn't stutter...
(2017-10-09, 09:46)hasenbein Wrote: Is there anything I could try installing or any setting I could try to solve this?
Try libreELEC, so you know, if ubuntu is the cause.
There is a new bios update for the Asrock J4205 and J3455. Says it is to enhance wireless module compatibility, not sure if there are any other improvements or not.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9