• 5(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
On my PC (Win10, Chrome) when you quote a post, the timestamp for the quoted text looks a bit strange.

Some examples from this thread:

(, 21:41) Yesterday

() 25 minutes ago
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is there any way to force the desktop view?
Is there no way the user can select the original skin for these Forums?

While this new look may be modernizing, I would say a lot of users of Kodi Forums are use to the original look and know it very well.
Most wouldn't care what it looks like, as we are here to get information, or post for help.  But these changes, and the downtime (not Kodi's fault), do mean its taking longer to find, post, learn the new skin.

Plse don't flame me, just my two cents and thoughts that if it ain't broken, leave it alone.

Oh, and one last issue.  The blue on white is quite difficult to view, specially for those who need reading glasses.  Replies, links, etc can be almost painful to look at, while Code quoted can be very dim.
The arrow over links is not required, makes reading of a post visually full of arrows and is a waste of space.

Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
No there isn't. The old skin was from the old forum software version, and isn't compatible with the new one.

We're still tweaking and fine tuning the bugs out of this one, but it's here to stay.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-07, 21:00)danysahne333 Wrote: Is there any way to force the desktop view?

Your browser may be able to do that. There isn't a way at the board level.

Kodi Blog Posts
Apologies, I was editing my original post.

Oh, and one last issue. The blue on white is quite difficult to view, specially for those who need reading glasses. Replies, links, etc can be almost painful to look at, while Code quoted can be very dim.
The arrow over links is not required, makes reading of a post visually full of arrows and is a waste of space.

Media Companion Dev.
Another quick questions...anyone know how to get Tapatalk to re-connect to the Kodi Forums?

Sorry, probably wrong place to ask.

My Bad.
Media Companion Dev.
Tapatalk isn't installed and might come back soon. Sadly no decent alternative exists
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-10-07, 21:45)vbat99 Wrote: Another quick questions...anyone know how to get Tapatalk to re-connect to the Kodi Forums?

Sorry, probably wrong place to ask.

My Bad.

Currently it is not installed, so you can't. 

I don't know if or when it will be.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-07, 22:01)Martijn Wrote: Tapatalk isn't installed and might come back soon. Sadly no decent alternative exists

DarrenHill Wrote:Currently it is not installed, so you can't.

I don't know if or when it will be.

Thanks and agreed, no decent alternative.  But would be nice to have back, as viewing via browser on phone is horrendous.  The user blurb and consistant links after each post is a space waster.

Cheers  and keep up the good work
Media Companion Dev.
That's why it works nicer with Tapatalk 😉
If it would be possible please enable tapatalk support.

Thnx for all the work to get the forum back online.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
When using mobile view, there is no indication of which sub-forums have new threads/posts.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-07, 21:37)vbat99 Wrote: The blue on white is quite difficult to view, specially for those who need reading glasses.  Replies, links, etc can be almost painful to look at, while Code quoted can be very dim.

+ 1 against the blue text on white background.  This is especially annoying when viewing Today's Posts and since they are essentially Search results, searching for anything makes my eyes extremely tired.  Any chance these could be formatted the same way, and use the same fonts and colors as the standard forum view?

Even without following the link for the images below, the thread titles in the forum view (2nd image) are legible, while the thread titles in the Search results are almost invisible.

And I'd like to see the blue arrows disappear too.

On the positive side, for me at least, I absolutely positively do not miss those damn annoying tapatalk signatures.  Wink

It's still damn nice to have the forum back though.  Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2017-10-07, 21:29)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2017-10-07, 21:00)danysahne333 Wrote: Is there any way to force the desktop view?

Your browser may be able to do that. There isn't a way at the board level.

If i change the useragent in browser on android to "desktop view" or a desktop user agent like "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; MSIE 9.0; WIndows NT 9.0; en-US))", forum shows content only in mobile view.

I've tested with other websites, they are ok! 

So imho there s a bug in browser detection?!
When quoting posts the text shows "Qouted" instead of "Quoted"

I'm not a fan of the little icons for quoting etc. - I really think they should have text in them to make what they do clearer.
That would also make them an easier target to hit with the mouse or a finger.

Also, the posts really need some sort of border around them (or at least on the right side on desktop view). When the white post background bleeds into the white outside background it adds to eye strain. There is no reference point for where your eyes should focus so they continue to wander to the right rather than noticing the border and moving on to the next line.

All minor annoyances. I can tell that the new forum style was forced to come out a little half baked, but overall I'm enjoying it and see its potential.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2