• 116(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Just tried to test one of the latest windows builds. It looks like it is enough to disable PVR Addon installation to avoid the crash on kodi start. I was able to start the build "KodiSetup-20170908-aeac51e815-retroplayer-18alpha1-x64". I think we can also test the latest build, if we would also disable the PVR Addon installation.
@garbear : Could you please add some builds for windows?
(2017-10-09, 18:49)vimr Wrote: Just tried to test one of the latest windows builds. It looks like it is enough to disable PVR Addon installation to avoid the crash on kodi start. I was able to start the build "KodiSetup-20170908-aeac51e815-retroplayer-18alpha1-x64". I think we can also test the latest build, if we would also disable the PVR Addon installation.
@gearbear : Could you please add some builds for windows?

Great news!
(2017-10-08, 18:07)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 16:44)gorgone Wrote: latest mac version crash on start
I've reproduced the segfault. Looks like a PVR error. There's been a lot of activity around PVR in the last few weeks, so this could be a regression. I'll do some research and see if I can find the source of the problem.

The crash was due to the issue fixed by PR:12895. I've updated RetroPlayer to include this patch and launched new builds. Expect them up in a few hours.

(2017-10-09, 10:43)ghizzu Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 07:53)garbear Wrote:
  • New renderer for Windows, OpenGL and OpenGLES

This means that we'll be able to run GL based emulators, like mupen64, ppsspp or reicast?

Yes, this paves the way for GL based emulators, but there's no supported yet. However, now that the renderer is done, a1rwulf has expressed interest in resuming his GL work.

(2017-10-09, 10:56)ghizzu Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 20:35)Julipo Wrote: Yep, I installed this build in Windows 10 x64 and it didn't load.

GBA and Genesis games video output appears to be corrupted, like raster lines progressively shifting towards left, regardless the model of emulator used.

Also, I've managed to play MAME games, using mame_libretro.dll from retroarch. Some games work well, while others show the shifted lines behaviour already mentioned.

I've noticed this too, but couldn't track down the issue yet. Raster lines shift 16 pixels to the left each line, but I can't locate where in the code this is happening. It's weird that some games from MAME work, but others don't. Also, the problem only occurs on windows - RPi seems to work fine.
I reinstalled Kodi disabling PVR and now it loads.

I moved to a folder 2 ziped roms, one SNES and one Megadrive/Genesis.

Is curious see that Megadrive sais that he can't load the rom inside the zip (when my raspberry pi can, with the same cores, but I don't know if retroarch handles in RaspberryPi the rom extraction, in windows yes) so I tested the SNES and it works.

I think that the input configuration is a little confusing. I don't know what the input configuration is asking for. I suposed that the Xbox 360 controller and the possibility to remap (i think) his buttons is because this is only a translator from "xbox 360 -> libretro inputs", so if I configure all the buttons in a keyboard it will work. But i'm having problems to remap (I don't know if i'm retard or what Big Grin)

I will check again this in other moment. I don't have a XBox 360 controller but I supose that I can bind the buttons to my keyboard. I will try in other moment. I want to try to play SNES with keyboard and with my chinesse psx-like pad (but I think that actual Kodi doesn't react to my chinesse controler, in Kodi 16 it works and I had a gamepad.xml keymap)
(2017-10-09, 20:00)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 18:07)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 16:44)gorgone Wrote: latest mac version crash on start
I've reproduced the segfault. Looks like a PVR error. There's been a lot of activity around PVR in the last few weeks, so this could be a regression. I'll do some research and see if I can find the source of the problem.

The crash was due to the issue fixed by PR:12895. I've updated RetroPlayer to include this patch and launched new builds. Expect them up in a few hours.

I tested the new builds with the PR included and they still crash. I'll upload the new builds anyway and link to instructions to get around the PVR crash.

(2017-10-09, 21:11)Julipo Wrote: I moved to a folder 2 ziped roms, one SNES and one Megadrive/Genesis.

Is curious see that Megadrive sais that he can't load the rom inside the zip (when my raspberry pi can, with the same cores, but I don't know if retroarch handles in RaspberryPi the rom extraction, in windows yes) so I tested the SNES and it works.

The ability to load from the VFS should be consistent across cores. Can you post debug logs of this not working? Thanks.

(2017-10-09, 21:11)Julipo Wrote: I think that the input configuration is a little confusing. I don't know what the input configuration is asking for. I suposed that the Xbox 360 controller and the possibility to remap (i think) his buttons is because this is only a translator from "xbox 360 -> libretro inputs", so if I configure all the buttons in a keyboard it will work. But i'm having problems to remap (I don't know if i'm retard or what Big Grin)

I will check again this in other moment. I don't have a XBox 360 controller but I supose that I can bind the buttons to my keyboard. I will try in other moment. I want to try to play SNES with keyboard and with my chinesse psx-like pad (but I think that actual Kodi doesn't react to my chinesse controler, in Kodi 16 it works and I had a gamepad.xml keymap)

Controller mapping is done the dialog you found. It's kind of confusing, even though it works really well once you figure it out.

I'm designing a new Player Manager that will have much better and less confusing support for mapping controllers/keyboards. This needs another 2-3 weeks of work and I'm traveling for conferences this month, so it'll be at least another month before this is ready. In the meantime, you can watch my progress in the Player Manager thread.
Here you have the log for the Genesis/Megadrive .zip: https://pastebin.com/xLxm59Um

I executed (and you can search) "Chrono" in SNES and "Sonic" in Genesis.

I extracted Sonic and it works fine if I run the .md file.
(2017-10-10, 00:28)Julipo Wrote: Here you have the log for the Genesis/Megadrive .zip: https://pastebin.com/xLxm59Um

I executed (and you can search) "Chrono" in SNES and "Sonic" in Genesis.

I extracted Sonic and it works fine if I run the .md file.

Executing from inside a .zip requires "VFS" support. This stands for Virtual File System, and is required because most emulators don't know how to load from inside zips. If an emulator doesn't have VFS support, it can't load from a .zip and the game must be extracted.

You can see which emulators support the VFS here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons

It's worth mentioning that IARL contains code to extract ROMs from .zips, so it doesn't suffer this problem.
Hey @garbear, tks for your work on this! Any chance for android builds? Smile
Thanks again!
And any hope top have some kind of support to automatic extract (like RetroArch or, I supose, other emulators that their core have no support for zip files, but the emulator yes)? Because is a very big handicap that this can only execute zipped roms if the core have VFS support.
I updated the download links. The builds still might crash on open.

(2017-10-11, 17:24)Julipo Wrote: And any hope top have some kind of support to automatic extract (like RetroArch or, I supose, other emulators that their core have no support for zip files, but the emulator yes)? Because is a very big handicap that this can only execute zipped roms if the core have VFS support.

The problem with automatic extraction is that it has to be implemented by each frontend. If we added VFS support directly to the emulator, all frontends would benefit.

Both are possible solutions, it's just a question of which strategy is worth putting time into.
(2017-10-12, 02:30)garbear Wrote: I updated the download links. The builds still might crash on open.

Yep, still crashes, the same as before. Interestingly if I disable installation of the PVR addons it still crashes but at a different spot:

Log

I also get a different error window, telling me it's 'Unable to create application'
I found the problem. It's a circular dependency between the add-on database and the add-on manager. I'll try to uploaded fixed builds before I start traveling on friday.
K, builds have been uploaded.
Hey garbear -

Hoping to use retroplayer builds of Leia (mine crashes on Win7 x64 as well) - I can help test.  Also - I'm running into an issue where my ps3 controller isn't detected (not to post in multiple places): could you take a gander at my post in the windows section?
(2017-10-12, 22:29)garbear Wrote: K, builds have been uploaded.

And launching just fine. It complains about some PVR and Headend stuff, but that's no surprise as I don't have a PVR set up.

Thanks once again Garbear Big Grin
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16