• 236(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-10-16, 01:10)cableant Wrote: I am currently on the latest build #1015. I noticed that the “Install from zip file” button, on the Add-ons section of the home page, does not work for me. If I go into the Add-on browser the “install from zip file” works fine. Not a big issue but thought I would mention it.

The "install from zip" button on the Home screen has never worked, it's a known issue with stock Estuary (not specific to these builds).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I installed the latest build on my test pi. At first everything looked great. Until I rebooted, now the screen stays black, and I am unable to connect on IP (SSH/FTP) on my router I can see that the pi is not connected (no ip)
(2017-10-16, 16:16)SkywalkerPD Wrote: I installed the latest build on my test pi. At first everything looked great. Until I rebooted, now the screen stays black, and I am unable to connect on IP (SSH/FTP) on my router I can see that the pi is not connected (no ip)

Not aware of any reason why that should happen, apart from a random/coincidental hardware failure of some kind (ie. sh1t happens).

Check the FAT filesystem on the SD card to make sure it doesn't have any errors (and hasn't died - I've seen SD cards go into read-only mode where they accept new data but don't sync it to the file system, resulting in partially written - and consequently unbootable - system files). Try a different SD card. Try a different PSU. Count the number of LED flashes when the power is applied which might give a clue why the device isn't booting.

Also make sure you are booting with a default config.txt - no idea what version you had installed previously, but maybe you have an unusual config setting that the new firmware doesn't like.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-16, 16:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 16:16)SkywalkerPD Wrote: I installed the latest build on my test pi. At first everything looked great. Until I rebooted, now the screen stays black, and I am unable to connect on IP (SSH/FTP) on my router I can see that the pi is not connected (no ip)

Not aware of any reason why that should happen, apart from a random/coincidental hardware failure of some kind (ie. sh1t happens).

Check the FAT filesystem on the SD card to make sure it doesn't have any errors (and hasn't died - I've seen SD cards go into read-only mode where they accept new data but don't sync it to the file system, resulting in partially written - and consequently unbootable - system files). Try a different SD card. Try a different PSU. Count the number of LED flashes when the power is applied which might give a clue why the device isn't booting.

Also make sure you are booting with a default config.txt - no idea what version you had installed previously, but maybe you have an unusual config setting that the new firmware doesn't like.

Looks like a "wait for network" option worked for now. Booting again now. Thnx for your hard work on this. I wanted to this so I could test the 8812AU driver in combination with 5G AC. Will try some things and let you know how it performs.

One thing I noticed right away is that I get a lot of errors in my kodi.log about plugins that don't work. script.extendedinfo for instance. Think the errors are python related?
(2017-10-16, 16:49)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Looks like a "wait for network" option worked for now. Booting again now. Thnx for your hard work on this. I wanted to this so I could test the 8812AU driver in combination with 5G AC. Will try some things and let you know how it performs.

FYI I'm likely to revert back to the original RTL8812AU driver and drop RTL8814AU support due to the lack of any feedback from @bohei2017 regarding the latter.

(2017-10-16, 16:49)SkywalkerPD Wrote: One thing I noticed right away is that I get a lot of errors in my kodi.log about plugins that don't work. script.extendedinfo for instance. Think the errors are python related?

I wouldn't have thought so. Post your log.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1016: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.13.7 #1 Mon Oct 16 21:11:02 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 11 2017 23:27:47
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e5ad4a8e9f183413eb4f7fc4a7687886c715f739 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171016210604-#1016-ga007775 [Build #1016]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4f3875f). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a007775, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4f3875f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.13.7 kernel
  2. Include nss/nspr in RPi & RPi2 image
  3. Drop RTL8814AU and revert back to paspro repo due to lack of feedback
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: fix appliance.xml merge and more (PR:2108, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • multiple cosmetic fixes (PR:2117, 6 commits, 622 files changed)
    • ncurses: update to ncurses-6.0-20171007 (PR:2109, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • libgcrypt: update to libgcrypt-1.8.1 (PR:2110, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix building with Perl 5.26 v2 (PR:2111, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • bump ffmpeg to 3.4 (PR:12926, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: boost: update to 1.65.1, add chrono, date_time, python and random
    • Added: [env] PR:2118: linux: update to linux-4.13.7
Weekly Linux 4.14-rc5 build #1016x: RPi / RPi2
Hello friends, I noticed that partially watched movies are no longer moved to "In progress movies". They are moved there only after reboot.
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-10-17, 00:08)Milhouse Wrote: Weekly Linux 4.14-rc5 build #1016x: RPi / RPi2

Hi Milhouse,
Just tried downloading the Pi2 1016x, you've accidentally got a lower case M in  -milhouse-   in the link, I've downloaded the file ok manually.
Thanks,
Kevin.
@bleep42 thanks, links updated
I seem to have lost the ability to update as of version 1008. Can someone please advise the current address to have configured please for latest download? Thank you.
Do you use the developer upgrade addon?
If that is the case, you should remove two lines in the underlying update script that point to the official release as there is no official release for libreelec 9 yet.

I mean in sources.py i left the section after line 10 like this:

def build_sources():
    sources = OrderedDict()

sources["Milhouse Builds"] = milhouse.MilhouseBuilds
(2017-10-17, 15:59)nb2a Wrote: I seem to have lost the ability to update as of version 1008. Can someone please advise the current address to have configured please for latest download? Thank you.

For RPi0/RPi1:
Code:
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi
For RPi2/RPi3:
Code:
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi2
then select "Milhouse-9.0" as the Update Channel.

Unfortunately a bug in the new forum software has made the notes in the first post mostly illegible.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1017: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.13.7 #1 Tue Oct 17 21:03:57 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 11 2017 23:27:47
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e5ad4a8e9f183413eb4f7fc4a7687886c715f739 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171017210247-#1017-gdc954af [Build #1017]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:95762bd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (dc954af, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (95762bd, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. wpa_supplicant: add security patches against KRACK attack
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • ffmpeg: fix undefined reference to rpi_sand128b_stripe_to_8_10 error when building for aarch64 (PR:2121, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Play: use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth firmware from wlan-firmware-aml package (PR:2119, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • wpa_supplicant: add security patches against KRACK attack (PR:2123, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix PVR startup / shutdown. (PR:12928, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Support building with ninja (PR:12920, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] refactor addon bindings (PR:12922, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
(2017-10-16, 17:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 16:49)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Looks like a "wait for network" option worked for now. Booting again now. Thnx for your hard work on this. I wanted to this so I could test the 8812AU driver in combination with 5G AC. Will try some things and let you know how it performs.

FYI I'm likely to revert back to the original RTL8812AU driver and drop RTL8814AU support due to the lack of any feedback from @bohei2017 regarding the latter.

(2017-10-16, 16:49)SkywalkerPD Wrote: One thing I noticed right away is that I get a lot of errors in my kodi.log about plugins that don't work. script.extendedinfo for instance. Think the errors are python related?

I wouldn't have thought so. Post your log.

For instance...

23:11:46.272 T:1549620112   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named unidecode
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/default.py", line 35, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions, datafunctions, library, nodefunctions
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions, template
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from unidecode import unidecode
                                            ImportError: No module named unidecode
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
And..

23:12:01.490 T:1493062544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named kodi65
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/plugin.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import router
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/router.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import process
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/process.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import Trakt
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/Trakt.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import TheMovieDB as tmdb
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from kodi65 import kodijson
                                            ImportError: No module named kodi65
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thnx for the support!
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24