• 95(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Hi, Great addon, on Libreelec work perfect but I have too Kodi on Android TV. When i start playing the spotify plugin switch  to native Spotify client. I want to play music on Kodi because of Lyrics plugin. How to set Spotify plugin to play music on Kodi as default like on Libreelec ?
Exclamation 
Is there a version that can be used that works?
(2017-10-16, 17:30)MrGenius1 Wrote: Is there a version that can be used that works?

Nope, at least in Windows 10: I tried 1.1.25, 1.1.30, 1.1.31, 1.1.42, 1.1.44 and 1.1.45 with no results
I use version 1.0.26 for weeks without any problemes
On my pc 1.0.26 works... but it only plays 20 second of every song...
Same problem here.
I get a popup "Spotty.exe stopped working" every 10 seconds.. I can also not connect to Spotify as I get the message "No credentials have been set or the login failed". I am sure at 100% that the pass I wrote are the good ones so I don't understand.

I tried the 1.1.45 version on Kodi 17.4 on Windows 10.

Thanks!
I used Kodi on xbian and installed this add-on but couldn't get it to work. Does this work only on librelec?
Hi All.

Kodi 17.4 LibreElec 8.1.10 Community via S905X 2gb/16gb. Spotify Addon 1.1.45

Something that might be for this thread thats started happening of late, and Im assuming that this relates to the spotify addon? No issues backing up and completing the backup in the past, probably a few weeks back at the most.

Im running the standard backup utility addon, and its getting stuck backing up addons/service.librespot/system.d . I assume that its not readable for some reason, or its in exclusive use? Eitherway the backup utility cannot complete. Tried network backup, local USB, both have the same effect.

Any ideas? Thanks!
(2017-10-29, 15:39)gazzauk71 Wrote: Hi All.

Kodi 17.4 LibreElec 8.1.10 Community via S905X 2gb/16gb. Spotify Addon 1.1.45

Something that might be for this thread thats started happening of late, and Im assuming that this relates to the spotify addon? No issues backing up and completing the backup in the past, probably a few weeks back at the most.

Im running the standard backup utility addon, and its getting stuck backing up addons/service.librespot/system.d . I assume that its not readable for some reason, or its in exclusive use? Eitherway the backup utility cannot complete. Tried network backup, local USB, both have the same effect.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Update: the service is nothing to do with this addon. Its the separate Librespot service that is installed, for some reason. I have uninstalled it, so will retest backup utility again. Sorry for the rubbish post!!!!
Exclamation 
Has this add-on been abandoned? This is a great add-on and I would hate to see development stop.
This was a great addon, but it seems to be no longer supporter, at least in Windows. I'm trying a workaround for controlling the official Spotify client with remote control, but it's not easy
(2017-11-06, 23:28)foxstefano Wrote: This was a great addon, but it seems to be no longer supporter, at least in Windows. I'm trying a workaround for controlling the official Spotify client with remote control, but it's not easy

The dev posted in another thread of him that he is very very very busy... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2658345
hi, i need help with jsonrpc interaction with this plugin

i use plugin version 1.1.45, Openelec Kodi 16.1 

i have my web app which remotely play spotify songs, but now plugin  not working, i did some research and i am trying to start play track with this rpcjson:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params":{"item": {"file" : "plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=connect_playback&trackid=TRACKID" }}, "id": "1" }

but song not play and in debug log i get error:

DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 54, in __init__
                                                eval(action)()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 232, in connect_playback
                                                if cur_playback["device"]["name"] != get_playername():
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

thanks for helping me
Unfortunately this is the third Spotify addon for Kodi that's been abandoned... Hope some new dev will go on with this work in any way, or at least Spotify will make the official app for Windows compatible with remote...
(2017-11-17, 22:21)foxstefano Wrote: Unfortunately this is the third Spotify addon for Kodi that's been abandoned... Hope some new dev will go on with this work in any way, or at least Spotify will make the official app for Windows compatible with remote...

Chill. Marcelveldt is just busy. Also what are you even talking about it being "abandoned"? A commit was made to this addon on github YESTERDAY!

You can't expect one guy who works on multiple kodi projects in his free time (for free) to be able to address every platform specific issue immediately when you demand it.

Also, the addon works great on libreelec - I use it everyday with no issues.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17