• 7(current)
Solved Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices
(2017-10-14, 05:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Here is a LE ODROID C2 BT USB Dongle & aftermarket Xiaomi Remote Krypton build with a few extras, you can now delete whatever rules are in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/
It should all work out of the box. Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710152202.tar

After that is tested with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote I will look at trying out other devices before plugging it all into the main LibreELEC code.

Woah; I may have to roll back. The key codes have changed dramatically and I can't map anything to the home button.
(2017-10-17, 22:03)Vlaves Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 09:03)wrxtasy Wrote: If anyone wants a Krypton 17.5RC version to test with the Xiaomi BT remotes let me know which box it is required for ?

I would love to test it, I'm on a Wetek Hub.
Keep an eye out for @Raybuntu's 32bit Wetek Hub releases.

For all AML S905x & others, like 32bit @kszaq - people will have to wait. I'm not setting up a seperate compile system just for those devices.

A reminder:
.arm = 32bit releases
.aarch64 = 64bit releases (official LibreELEC compatible)

(2017-10-18, 03:57)zang Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 05:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Here is a LE ODROID C2 BT USB Dongle & aftermarket Xiaomi Remote Krypton build with a few extras, you can now delete whatever rules are in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/
It should all work out of the box. Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710152202.tar

After that is tested with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote I will look at trying out other devices before plugging it all into the main LibreELEC code.

Woah; I may have to roll back. The key codes have changed dramatically and I can't map anything to the home button.
Thx.
Exact type I feedback I want. Tweaked slightly this update should fix your problem:
(BTW ssh login passwd: le)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710181029.tar

(2017-10-18, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Thx.
Exact type I feedback I want. Tweaked slightly this update should fix your problem:
(BTW ssh login passwd: le)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2-Beta3-201710181029.tar

Who uses passwords? Public key all the way!  Wink Saves the pain of entering passwords on a network where I have 4 machines running headless.

This version makes everything normal again. Thanks, Wrx!
(2017-10-18, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 22:03)Vlaves Wrote: I would love to test it, I'm on a Wetek Hub.
For all AML S905x & others, like 32bit @kszaq - people will have to wait.
I'm afraid I'll have to wait then, as kszaq's build lets me install on NAND.

But regarding the Xiaomi remote: There wouldn't be any changes apart from those mentioned in this thread, so I can still use the script or this has to be updated too, to make all button work?

Regards
Vlaves
(2017-10-18, 13:13)Vlaves Wrote:
(2017-10-18, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 22:03)Vlaves Wrote: I would love to test it, I'm on a Wetek Hub.
For all AML S905x & others, like 32bit @kszaq - people will have to wait.
I'm afraid I'll have to wait then, as kszaq's build lets me install on NAND.

But regarding the Xiaomi remote: There wouldn't be any changes apart from those mentioned in this thread, so I can still use the script or this has to be updated too, to make all button work?

Regards
Vlaves
Yes, works fine here
Just for reference, Xiaomi Support is now merged for all LE devices and should filter thru soonish: (@kszaq will pick it up as well)

Support is even further simplified with THIS LE Commit

USB connected - PS3 Dual shock game controllers will also now work with official LE releases on the Hub & Play2, very soon for the C2.

I believe enabling STANDBY in LE Settings > Bluetooth > choose connected contrroller
Will save battery life.

DIY Guide for how to connect Game Controllers to Kodi (click)

Awesome commit, makes things very easy ;-)
For those who may be interested; long-press functions are the best way to get the most out of this remote, but the Keymap Editor Add-on still doesn't support long-press.

This is my current keymap (and I'll update it here further if add more to it), used on an Odroid C2 with the OMNI skin:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
   <global>
       <keyboard>
           <key id="61654">
               info
           </key>
           <key id="61654" mod="longpress">
               contextmenu
           </key>
           <key id="61448">
               back
           </key>
           <key id="61576">
               activatewindow(home)
           </key>
           <key id="61576" mod="longpress">
               activatewindow(filemanager)
           </key>
           <key id="61662">
               activatewindow(shutdownmenu)
           </key>
           <key id="61662" mod="longpress">
               activatewindow(settings)
           </key>
       </keyboard>
   </global>
   <fullscreenlivetv>
       <keyboard>
           <key id="61453">
               playpause
           </key>
           <key id="61448" mod="longpress">
               OSD
           </key>
           <key id="61448">
               stop
           </key>
               AspectRatio
           </key>
       </keyboard>
   </fullscreenlivetv>
   <fullscreenvideo>
       <keyboard>
           <key id="61453">
               playpause
           </key>
           <key id="61448" mod="longpress">
               OSD
           </key>
           <key id="61448">
               stop
           </key>
               AspectRatio
           </key>
       </keyboard>
   </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

I will find more things to add to it, but the basics are under control. OMNI has been configured so that higher-level functions are hidden, but easily accessible if need be, and simple enough for visiting family or my 5-year old daughter to figure out, so the remote needed to be the same. If you're looking for something similar, start with this keymap.

You can save it as keyboard.xml and move it to the userdata->keymaps folder (backup whatever you already have).

If you're already using Keymap Editor, strip the tabs and carriage returns and save it as Gen.xml in the same folder. Stop kodi via SSH first (systemctl stop kodi), or have it risk being overwritten on shutdown and losing the longpress mods. The tabs and CRs need to be removed as a bug (?) in Keymap Editor will completely ignore any XML file that contains these.
(2017-10-14, 03:55)zang Wrote:
(2017-10-12, 12:04)kulprit Wrote: I know this thread is for the Xiaomi Mi box remote in LibreElec, but what are my chances of getting one working in Kodi on a Raspian/Retropie install? I have a Mi Box as well in another room and the remote is great, would love to have the same control Kodi on my Pi.

The remote has worked fine in every other OS I've tried it on. LibreELEC for S905 specifically seemed to have problems with them (now resolved). I personally have used the remotes in LibreELEC for Raspberry Pi, as well as tested with Ubuntu. So theoretically, there shouldn't be any problem. Pair it up and give it a go.

Thanks for replying guys. I didn't realise it might just work and thought this thread might mean it didn't work well with anything. Will buy a second official one and report back. The link for buying the official one in this thread still ok?
(2017-10-21, 09:02)kulprit Wrote: Thanks for replying guys. I didn't realise it might just work and thought this thread might mean it didn't work well with anything. Will buy a second official one and report back. The link for buying the official one in this thread still ok?

I got mine from nis-store.com. I bought both versions and they're OEM.

Xiaomi MiTV Remote 2
Xiaomi MiTV Remote

Between the two, the latter is the nicer one. It's thinner, weighted and uses a coin battery, rather than two AAAs. In addition, it makes an audible beep when pressing the pairing command (home+context menu at the same time) and as well when pairing has been established. Either way, they cost the same. They take a while to ship, but if you're not in a rush it's worth it.
(2017-10-25, 02:08)zang Wrote:
(2017-10-21, 09:02)kulprit Wrote: Thanks for replying guys. I didn't realise it might just work and thought this thread might mean it didn't work well with anything. Will buy a second official one and report back. The link for buying the official one in this thread still ok?

I got mine from nis-store.com. I bought both versions and they're OEM.

Xiaomi MiTV Remote 2
Xiaomi MiTV Remote

Between the two, the latter is the nicer one. It's thinner, weighted and uses a coin battery, rather than two AAAs. In addition, it makes an audible beep when pressing the pairing command (home+context menu at the same time) and as well when pairing has been established. Either way, they cost the same. They take a while to ship, but if you're not in a rush it's worth it.

Thanks for the links. Second is out of stock unfortunately. Have you used an official one to compare?  I have a mi box and the remote is great.

It does seem all the photos have home on the left and back in the middle. My current one has back on the left and home (which is a circle rather than a house) in the middle.
Had an aftermarket Xiaomi Remote arrive from Aliexpress after over a month in the post from Zurich, Switzerland.

It is the one with the AAA batteries and the Silicon Skin. High quality remote and the silicon skin works surprisingly well and fits snugly so the remote does not get lost down the side of the couch.

Works out of the box with my recent LibreELEC mods. Only had to remap the Context button with Kodi's Keymap Addon.
Time to play around with @zang's keymaps. Smile

LibreELEC 8.2 has now been released that includes inbuilt support for Xiaomi BT remotes for all LibreELEC hardware platforms

Freshly installed 8.17 version of Libreelec and used your script to make the remote work and almost all was working apart from the HOME key, that was not remapable for me, it wasn't showing anything in the Key-Editor Tool, so I changed the mapping to the following:

Code:
KEY_POWER   = KEY_MUTE
KEY_COMPOSE = KEY_STOPCD
KEY_HOME    = KEY_TITLE
KEY_BACK    = KEY_EXIT

After I mapped KEY_HOME to KEY_TITLE the HOME key was showing something and I could remap it in keyeditor.

Just in case someone esle is having the same issue. So no the COMPOSE and the HOME key are working and are mapable to anything.

PS. Still would be very interested to know, why the same remote wakes up the same Wetek Hub from shut down state when shutting it down in ATV ROM, but not when shutting the same box down in Libreelec, shouldn't the remote send the same signal to the Hub?
Same for me.

With wrxtasy’s script the home button in evmap is unresponsive. I set it to key_home which makes it the default assignment.
(2017-10-30, 21:10)Vlaves Wrote:
PS. Still would be very interested to know, why the same remote wakes up the same Wetek Hub from shut down state when shutting it down in ATV ROM, but not when shutting the same box down in Libreelec, shouldn't the remote send the same signal to the Hub?

I guess the remote send always the same signal, but shutdown on Android is different from shutdown on libreelec. Maybe Android does not perform a complete shutdown, but only some sort of standby which still listen to Bluetooth input. On the other hand, libreelec might perform a "deeper" shutdown which disables Bluetooth
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices0