• 340(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-10-15, 19:50)curael Wrote: Hey guys,

Just a quick question, might be Kodi, might be DSplayer.. Any way to set a period of time before playback starts? Like.. It takes a while for my TV to change resolution and I can miss up to 5 seconds of dialogue before and image shows up on screen. It would be idea if I could tell Kodi or DSplayer to just wait with playback for a set period of time.

Appreciate it guys. Smile

If you opt to switch resolution through Kodi (as opposed as having madVR do that), there's a specific option to configure the delay before playback start.

I need to use madVR, as it creates less problems for me but your mileage may vary. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Does anyone know if Madvr or Kodi are able to pass Dolby Vision HDR data through to the TV? Is playing Dolby Vision files even possible on Windows?
(2017-10-16, 20:46)Talguy Wrote: Does anyone know if Madvr or Kodi are able to pass Dolby Vision HDR data through to the TV?  Is playing Dolby Vision files even possible on Windows?

Neither does at the moment.  As far as with Windows in and of its self, I'm not sure.
(2017-10-11, 13:24)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-10-10, 14:20)tingtong5 Wrote: I just upgraded from kodi dsplayer 16.1 to 17.4 I also switched from using reclock as the audio renderer to the built in sanear. My question is, how to configure Sanear? I would like to upsample to 96 kHz and 24 bit int padded to 32 like I did in reclock as this sounded really great (I know this is subjective). How can I make Sanear upsample to 96 kHz?

Dont know if you can with Sanear as its mainly for bit streaming, but if you right click audio playback devices in windows, select the device being used and go to advanced, you can change output settings to 96 khz there.

Dont know if that helps.

K
Output device is at 96 kHz but surround receiver shows 48 kHz sample rate when using Sanear. Anyone any other ideas about how to upsample the sound to 96 kHz before sending it to the surround receiver?
(2017-10-17, 13:33)tingtong5 Wrote: Output device is at 96 kHz but surround receiver shows 48 kHz sample rate when using Sanear. Anyone any other ideas about how to upsample the sound to 96 kHz before sending it to the surround receiver?

There are not that many good reasons to do so. If you insist on resampling for whatever reason, use Reclock.

Alternatively, you could try to disable WASAPI in Sanear and disable "Ignore system channel mixer". That way, as far as I understand it, you ought to be able to use the output format you set up in Control Panel/Sound/Audio device Properties/Advanced/Default Format.

As far as I know, Reclock would allow you to use a more advanced resampler than the one provided by Windows.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Cant seem to get DS stable any more, going to move back to KODI as most of my collection is now in HD or 4K as I have gradually replaced any badly compressed or old stuff now, so i'm not really gaining anything by using MADVR anymore apart from a litle extra sharpending which my TV does well enough.

Main issues:

1. 4k playback often plays movie in top left hand side of screen, doesn't scale properly, also does this sometimes with 1080p stuff.

2.Myy ATI RX550 doesnt seem to play nice with MADVR and LAV filters, getting really high cpu and some glitching with 4K stuff with pretty much anything higher than laczos scaling factors, I would have thought this card would have enough grunt to crunch through MADVR but apparently not.

3. Slow to start movies, gradually getting worse not better, sometimes it hangs, sometimes it drops back to KODI and doesnt load at all.

4. Black screen on stop and I loose HDMI handshake intermittently, some days its fine, doesnt happen with MPC or stock KODI, only MADVR and DS

I get these issues with a clean install windows using MADVR at default settings and all latest driver and LAV / MVR versions.

I'll still be using MADVR for 3D movies obviously but i'll just play them through MPC-BE.

If anyone has any advice let me know, cheers.
(2017-10-16, 12:00)ashlar Wrote:

Just a quick question, might be Kodi, might be DSplayer.. Any way to set a period of time before playback starts? Like.. It takes a while for my TV to change resolution and I can miss up to 5 seconds of dialogue before and image shows up on screen. It would be idea if I could tell Kodi or DSplayer to just wait with playback for a set period of time.

If you opt to switch resolution through Kodi (as opposed as having madVR do that), there's a specific option to configure the delay before playback start.

I need to use madVR, as it creates less problems for me but your mileage may vary. Smile

I'd sooner kill myself than having Kodi manage to refresh rates. Wink MadVR does a better job for me too! Big Grin Thanks though!
(2017-10-17, 18:03)curael Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 12:00)ashlar Wrote:

I'd sooner kill myself than having Kodi manage the refresh rates. Wink MadVR does a better job for me too! Big Grin Thanks though!
(2017-10-17, 18:04)curael Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 18:03)curael Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 12:00)ashlar Wrote: If you opt to switch resolution through Kodi (as opposed as having madVR do that), there's a specific option to configure the delay before playback start.

I'd sooner kill myself than having Kodi manage the refresh rates. Wink MadVR does a better job for me too! Big Grin Thanks though!

never has the slighest problem with KODI and refresh rates, its buggy in MPC but KODI is spot on I find, what problems have you found with stock KODI?
Ok guys since I am entering into the 4K HDR world with my recent purchase of an GTX1060 and a LG OLED B7A, I have a few question about setting up windows and Madvr to transmit 4K HDR video to my display. What windows settings for graphics and HDR do I need to do and what basic Madvr settings should I be aware of. Also does anyone know of the LAV Filters version I should be running to work with 4K and x265 encoded videos?
Got the Windows Fall update and went to launch Kodi DSPlayer and it would keep restarting me my computer. Turns out HDR had been turned on and was the cause. In case anybody else has this issue.
(2017-10-16, 20:46)Talguy Wrote: Does anyone know if Madvr or Kodi are able to pass Dolby Vision HDR data through to the TV?  Is playing Dolby Vision files even possible on Windows?

i use jriver with madvr and lav

4k and hdr pass through to my display just fine

this is so far across several uhd rips (and yes. that is now possible with select titles)
still cant play video from FTP server with latest 0904 x64 version, but play same video on local hard disk very well.

@Karellen- Log removed. USE PASTEBIN
(2017-10-18, 19:41)hockeythug Wrote: Got the Windows Fall update and went to launch Kodi DSPlayer and it would keep restarting me my computer. Turns out HDR had been turned on and was the cause. In case anybody else has this issue.

Nvidia card? If so, try 385.41 - working here with the fall update (1709) for HDR (windows HDR slider off, and entire chain set to Full).

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 340(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47