• 78(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-10-16, 07:12)zosky Wrote: that was ~1 yr ago, has the situation changed at all ?

i see "disks":[] in db_ROMs/whatEver.json 
but i can't find any info on what to do with it ?

AEL has support for multi-disc ROMs (have a look at this post). However, there are currently several problems: a) You cannot edit multi-disc ROMs. b) Artwork doesn't seem to work well with multi-discs.

I have plans to improve this in 0.9.8 but it is low priority (main feature in 0.9.8 is the improvement of the Offline Scraper, the separation of the ROM Audit and the Parent/Clone group generation and the 1 game 1 ROM launcher display mode).
after much smashing i discovered it has to be "rom (disc 1).bin" not "rom (disk 1).bin". also i was searching here with a k, so thanks for the link. after letting it scrape, i had to do a bit of cleanup on the json. seems when a set has some bin/cue + img ... it gets confused. on the up side, it seems to have garbed all the artwork ok. 

you are doing something really awesome dude !! thank you !!

1 more thing, 0.9.7 barfs hard when told to read or write nfo (something about publisher/developer tags). are you aware already, like is this part of the offline scraper stuff or would logs help ?
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
(2017-10-15, 14:37)leodido Wrote: I'd like to use this addon on the NVIDIA Shield. I installed the addon easily but I cannot seem to add emulators I'm using Snes9x.
Do I have to root my shield for this?

AEL works perfect on a shield without root. If you have your rom files locally on the shield you can just use AEL out of the box. If the roms are available through the network you need to do some extra steps. Keep in mind that a lot (or all) of emulators on android only support roms through local paths or mounted network paths and not normal network/smb paths.
I myself use Retroarch a lot, so all the android configurations in the github from me are based on Retroarch. If you want to use standalone emulators like Snes9x lookup that forum thread (also mentioned in this thread) with all the examples. Let me know if it works out.
Don't worry, work is being done to make it a bit easier for shield/android users.
Dumb question but if i've downloaded libretro-thumbnails, should i manually copy them into the autogenerated folders in AEL-Assets or is there a way to point the offline scraper at the folder theyre in and have it do the copying automatically?
(2017-10-19, 03:41)zosky Wrote: after much smashing i discovered it has to be "rom (disc 1).bin" not "rom (disk 1).bin". also i was searching here with a k, so thanks for the link. after letting it scrape, i had to do a bit of cleanup on the json. seems when a set has some bin/cue + img ... it gets confused. on the up side, it seems to have garbed all the artwork ok. 

you are doing something really awesome dude !! thank you !!

1 more thing, 0.9.7 barfs hard when told to read or write nfo (something about publisher/developer tags). are you aware already, like is this part of the offline scraper stuff or would logs help ?

OK, I will have a look a both issues and they will be fixed for 0.9.7. Thanks for reporting.
(2017-10-19, 18:51)illinx Wrote: Dumb question but if i've downloaded libretro-thumbnails, should i manually copy them into the autogenerated folders in AEL-Assets or is there a way to point the offline scraper at the folder theyre in and have it do the copying automatically?

Yes, you have to copy the assets to AEL autogenerated directories. You can also use the launcher context menu and point directory by directory, however I think it's easy and quicker to just copy the artwork files and rescan for assets in the launcher context menu.

Also, if you have the Boxfronts, Titles and Snaps from the Retroarch collection then AEL Estuary MOD "ROM Simple" and "ROM Shot" views are perfect for you.
When will ael be able to utilize the tv movie views? as its stopping me really using the plugin,as i find being locked to a couple of skins that can use a few views is really hampering it,having the flexibility of changing from program to media or tv views like iarl would be great.
(2017-10-21, 05:43)kpop Wrote: When will ael be able to utilize the tv movie views? as its stopping me really using the plugin,as i find being locked to a couple of skins that can use a few views is really hampering it,having the flexibility of changing from program to media or tv views like iarl would be great.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: several months ago I tried to make AEL a video plugin. However, AEL is a launcher plugin and that causes a massive amount of warnings and errors in Kodi log. I wasn't able to suppress those warnings/errors and decided to keep AEL as a program-only addon. In Kodi Leia there is a new media type named "games", which is going to be like the Movies, Music, or Pictures sections of Kodi. However, according to Garbear Leia will not include the games database nor game windows. In other words: Leia will be able to play uncompressed ROMs using Retroplayer browsing your ROMs in the File Manager window, but there won't be a Games section with their own views, bells and whistles. At the current development pace I think you will see what AEL offers now integrated in Kodi in version 18 M*** around April 2019.

Currently the only two skins with fully support for AEL are Arctic Zephyr Plus and AEL Estuary MOD. However, other skins make available movies/music views for programs, for example Titan. Alternatively, you can go to your favourite skin subforum and ask the developers to support AEL. You can argue that if the skins supports AEL, once the Games database is included in Kodi the Game views will be very similar, if not identical, to what AEL requires right now. I am in contact with Garbgear to make sure AEL has the same metadata/assets that Kodi will suport in the games database.
(2017-10-20, 09:48)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 18:51)illinx Wrote: Dumb question but if i've downloaded libretro-thumbnails, should i manually copy them into the autogenerated folders in AEL-Assets or is there a way to point the offline scraper at the folder theyre in and have it do the copying automatically?

Yes, you have to copy the assets to AEL autogenerated directories. You can also use the launcher context menu and point directory by directory, however I think it's easy and quicker to just copy the artwork files and rescan for assets in the launcher context menu.

Also, if you have the Boxfronts, Titles and Snaps from the Retroarch collection then AEL Estuary MOD "ROM Simple" and "ROM Shot" views are perfect for you.

Thanks, everything seems in order now!

Also, I may have noticed a bug (on linux at least). I use the minimize/make kodi a window option in order to prevent kodi from capturing input from my gamepad. With 0.9.7-beta1, when I launch a rom from Collection->Launcher (the regular way), this works great. However, when I launch a rom from the favorites menu, it seems to skip this step and doesn't put kodi into windowed mode.
Hello,

First time using this addon and trying to setup my launchers using NoIntro roms.
Using 0.9.7-beta1.

When I tried to use the offline scraper to generate nfo files (witch I don’t have), some errors appeared.

Checking the logs, I found something that looks like a bug.

The fs_export_ROM_NFO function on disk_IO.py tries to write the publisher tag using m_studio filed that apparently is not used anymore

Had to change the specific line to:

Code:
nfo_content.append(XML_text('publisher', rom['m_developer']))

Then, running the scan process for a second time (now with some nfo files generated by the addon) , I realized that the fs_import_NFO_file_scanner expects to read a developer tag that I think it should be the publisher tag (unless you expected to change the nfo structure, in that case you should export the developer tag in the previous fix)

Again, did some workaround, just to be able to run:

Code:
  nfo_dic = {'title' : '', 'year' : '', 'genre' : '', 'publisher' : '', 'rating' : '', 'plot' : '' }

item_developer = re.findall('<publisher>(.*?)</publisher>', nfo_str)

if len(item_developer) > 0: nfo_dic['publisher'] = text_unescape_XML(item_developer[0])

It worked for me but clearly there is a bigger question involved here:

What tag do you expect do read/write from/to the NFO file (I suppose publisher is better for compatibility with other addons/scrappers)

Finally, I have some questions about the “Paths” area on settings:

1- Should I set the AEL-asset-library folder as “Launcher Asset directory” and the addon will search for the assets of each launcher based on the subfolder name??
2- What should I set for “Category Asset directory”? I’m using “AEL-asset-library\Category assets”. Is that correct?
3- What about favorites and collections?

Thanks for this great addon!
Standalone Launcher - Microsoft Edge

Pretty low-impact request: How to launch the browser from inside Kodi.

I have created an Apps folder in AEL.  Created 2 standalone launchers for Edge: Shortcut (LNK) version from desktop and .EXE from program folder.  When I select either of them I see a Kodi message like "AEL Launching Microsoft Edge..." but the browser does not open.

Log file pasted at http://paste.ubuntu.com/ user martinkop

Thanks

Martin
(2017-10-24, 00:32)martinkop Wrote: Standalone Launcher - Microsoft Edge

I have created an Apps folder in AEL.  Created 2 standalone launchers for Edge: Shortcut (LNK) version from desktop and .EXE from program folder.  When I select either of them I see a Kodi message like "AEL Launching Microsoft Edge..." but the browser does not open.

Thanks

Martin

If you change kodi to windowed mode, do you see the Edge window hiding behind it? This is how I launch Firefox on Linux with no problems, so it might be something screwy with how Windows' window manager works.
Hi all, post #3 on the first page showcases a few skin impressions by user Rufoo that I absolutely adore! However, there is no skin associated with it (says 'xxxx' in the title) and it is seemingly a work-in-progress view. Do we have any further information on this?

Also, I would like to use this launcher to open games purchased from the Windows store. Windows apps seem to be access-restricted and do not generate a simple .exe file so I was wondering if this is still supported by Advanced Emulator Launcher?

Lastly, and this may have been asked before, I would like to know if there is support for custom configs within the same emulator? For example, PCSX2 requires many games to be set up with different settings that are saved in their own individual folders. Can this launcher work around this requirement?
(2017-10-24, 09:45)illinx Wrote:
(2017-10-24, 00:32)martinkop Wrote: Standalone Launcher - Microsoft Edge

Thanks

Martin

If you change kodi to windowed mode, do you see the Edge window hiding behind it? This is how I launch Firefox on Linux with no problems, so it might be something screwy with how Windows' window manager works.

Wow that's bad.  I went to Settings and changed the fullscreen setting.  I was immediately presented with a 100% black screen.  If I kill Kodi with Alt-F4 I get the desktop back.  Then when I restart Kodi it sits minimized on the taskbar; when I click that I get the black screen again.  I found the GUISETTINGS file but don't see an obvious change to undo.

Martin
(2017-10-21, 21:50)illinx Wrote: Also, I may have noticed a bug (on linux at least). I use the minimize/make kodi a window option in order to prevent kodi from capturing input from my gamepad. With 0.9.7-beta1, when I launch a rom from Collection->Launcher (the regular way), this works great. However, when I launch a rom from the favorites menu, it seems to skip this step and doesn't put kodi into windowed mode.

Looks like a bug. I will have a look ASAP.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12