• 74(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-09-21, 21:33)Berl Wrote: Image

I love this addon so much I created my first Kodi build using it as its core.

install from Man Cave Wizard.

add source:
http://kodi.mancavekodi.com

(2017-09-21, 22:03)Berl Wrote:
(2017-09-17, 22:41)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 22:51)nihilisticEevee Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work, this works great! I'm now ablet to leave my big external hdd at home when i go to my friends house!

Any chance you could add the mame software list from internet archive? I see there's a few sets on there.

Any particular system you'd like to see?  There's already a few with good compatibility that I included in IARL (Coleco, Intellivision, etc)

I'm happy with the current linup but want to suggest using screenscraper.fr api for boxart/fanart.  

https://screenscraper.fr/webapi.php?alpha=0&numpage=0

(i know its French but its pretty cool)

i used Universal XML scraper which uses screenscraper.fr api to scrape my retropie box art and unlike the RetroPie built in scraper UXML scraper found 100% out of over 15k games.

also supports multi thread scraping if you contribute.  i wrote a few synopsis and made a few labels and got 4 threads.

I'll say this once. Installed this on my A95X A2 and reconfigured IARL to Android. Good work sir. Virtual blow job to you. Smile
(2017-09-16, 22:51)nihilisticEevee Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work, this works great! I'm now ablet to leave my big external hdd at home when i go to my friends house!

Any chance you could add the mame software list from internet archive? I see there's a few sets on there.

Any particular system you'd like to see?  There's already a few with good compatibility that I included in IARL (Coleco, Intellivision, etc)

Hi zach, this is N3rdflix/Cr3d1n84, if you want PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS and PSP XMLs, just let me know. I scraped them all, I think all those systems(except PSP) have a good number of games in Archive.org.
I put together these XMLs and your amazing addon and the result could be found in the video below, of course it is free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-kFcKklCQ
(2017-10-13, 04:44)credin84 Wrote:

Hi zach, this is N3rdflix/Cr3d1n84, if you want PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS and PSP XMLs, just let me know. I scraped them all, I think all those systems(except PSP) have a good number of games in Archive.org.
I put together these XMLs and your amazing addon and the result could be found in the video below, of course it is free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-kFcKklCQ

Thanks, but I will keep those particular systems out of IARL.  Users are of course able to create whatever lists they'd like and add them manually to IARL.
(2017-09-21, 22:03)Berl Wrote:

I'm happy with the current linup but want to suggest using screenscraper.fr api for boxart/fanart.  

https://screenscraper.fr/webapi.php?alpha=0&numpage=0

(i know its French but its pretty cool)

i used Universal XML scraper which uses screenscraper.fr api to scrape my retropie box art and unlike the RetroPie built in scraper UXML scraper found 100% out of over 15k games.

also supports multi thread scraping if you contribute.  i wrote a few synopsis and made a few labels and got 4 threads.

I'd be open to adding more assets to IARL.  I'm currently working on a new games database and scraper, so if there's a particular artwork type not in IARL you want to see let me know.
Hey zachmorris I had a couple questions and was wondering if you could help me but I am using and LOVING your program but was trying to play Legend of Dragoon on retroarch pcsx-rearmed and for some reason when I tried to actually save in game to like a "memory card" it would say save but when I would go back to my saves it would not be there and I was thinking about how I would do a disk switch and long story short somehow lost my save state even though I could find the file in the save state folder on retroarch. But I cannot get it to work at all now and looks like I lost all my progress and I was looking at downloading a save file from gamefaqs but could not figure out how to load them through the emulator. Is there anyway you could help me out on this matter?
(2017-10-13, 06:07)tsill91 Wrote: Hey zachmorris I had a couple questions and was wondering if you could help me but I am using and LOVING your program but was trying to play Legend of Dragoon on retroarch pcsx-rearmed and for some reason when I tried to actually save in game to like a "memory card" it would say save but when I would go back to my saves it would not be there and I was thinking about how I would do a disk switch and long story short somehow lost my save state even though I could find the file in the save state folder on retroarch. But I cannot get it to work at all now and looks like I lost all my progress and I was looking at downloading a save file from gamefaqs but could not figure out how to load them through the emulator. Is there anyway you could help me out on this matter?

Once IARL launches a game, it's completely out of the loop.  You'd likely have better luck with your question over at the retroarch forums.
Peronally, i have save savestate and load savestate setup as joystick combinations, and I just save and load with the touch of a few buttons.  Seems to work well in Retroarch, although I haven't used it with PCSX ReArmed directly.
It seems to be a issue with the game rom itself because I just got to the first save spot in the game and saved and it said it saved I went immediatly back into the save menu and the save was gone. So using the exact same emulator I pulled up resident evil 2 got to the first save spot saved it closed the emulator completely opened it back up and the in game save was still there.
hey Zack, you mind explaining to me how using the iarl netplay setting work and their capabilities? there isnt anything in wiki about it.
thank you and thanks for making this build. its been my hobby for a little while trying to figuring it out.
(2017-10-19, 00:49)Berl Wrote: hey Zack, you mind explaining to me how using the iarl netplay setting work and their capabilities?  there isnt anything in wiki about it.
thank you  and thanks for making this build.  its been my hobby for a little while trying to figuring it out.

The netplay settings just append the appropriate command line commands to start a netplay session.
Code:
  -H, --host            Host netplay as user 1.
  -C, --connect=HOST    Connect to netplay server as user 2.
      --port=PORT       Port used to netplay. Default is 55435.
      --stateless       Use "stateless" mode for netplay
                        (requires a very fast network).
      --check-frames=NUMBER
                        Check frames when using netplay.
      --nick=NICK       Picks a username (for use with netplay). Not mandatory.

One computer needs to be the setup as the host, and another needs to connect to the hosts IP as a client.  Then the host launches the game, followed by the client and voila:  you can play street fighter 2 without having to be at the same computer.

I've actually only minimally tested this.  It seemed to work just fine on a local network with a PC and a raspi.  I haven't tested this across the net (through a router/firewall/etc).

Netplay has come a long way in Retroarch.  They have an entire netplay lobby system, which might be more user friendly to get a net game started.
(2017-10-19, 03:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 00:49)Berl Wrote: hey Zack, you mind explaining to me how using the iarl netplay setting work and their capabilities?  there isnt anything in wiki about it.
thank you  and thanks for making this build.  its been my hobby for a little while trying to figuring it out.

The netplay settings just append the appropriate command line commands to start a netplay session.
Code:
      --check-frames=NUMBER

One computer needs to be the setup as the host, and another needs to connect to the hosts IP as a client.  Then the host launches the game, followed by the client and voila:  you can play street fighter 2 without having to be at the same computer.

I've actually only minimally tested this.  It seemed to work just fine on a local network with a PC and a raspi.  I haven't tested this across the net (through a router/firewall/etc).

Netplay has come a long way in Retroarch.  They have an entire netplay lobby system, which might be more user friendly to get a net game started.

thanks.   gives me something to get me started..   i put in a pretty cool feature request over at github in case you wanted to do "for the fun of it" lol.
(2017-10-19, 19:08)Berl Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 03:28)zachmorris Wrote:

Code:
      --check-frames=NUMBER

thanks.   gives me something to get me started..   i put in a pretty cool feature request over at github in case you wanted to do "for the fun of it" lol.

Thats.... a really good idea actually.  I'll have to think about how to do this.
is there a easy way to get or filter pal roms on the different platforms, instead of having jap eur and pal roms all in one list
(2017-10-24, 12:23)kpop Wrote: is there a easy way to get or filter pal roms on the different platforms, instead of having jap eur and pal roms all in one list

There's a few ways to accomplish this, and it depends on the game list and the naming convention.
1) Turn off 'clean rom name' in settings.  You can also potentially choose a naming convention with 'ROM Tag' included.  This will display each game with JAP/EUR/USA/etc
2)  Select the game list your interested in and select 'Refresh List' from the context menu.  Depending on your skin, then you open up the list and it will show game names with the Tag included. Then from the side bar you can select Filter or Search (depending on the skin) and then just type in the Rom Tag you want to display.  Kodi will filter the list for you, and in testing this is really the fastest way to filter the list.
3)  Same thing as above, but use the IARL search function
4)  If you want a more permanent solution, you can filter the xml files and create new ones, then just place them in the same folder with a new name.  There's lots of xml filtering tools online and for PC's that could probably help.
1. Could I put my retroarch (gamestarter) as the launcher? It asks me for the location of the retroarch.
2. Where are the roms downloaded from the IARL? Could I set the path towards my /storage/emulators/roms (the default one from libreelec with gamestarter)?
(2017-10-27, 13:32)dberga Wrote: 1. Could I put my retroarch (gamestarter) as the launcher? It asks me for the location of the retroarch.
2. Where are the roms downloaded from the IARL? Could I set the path towards my /storage/emulators/roms (the default one from libreelec with gamestarter)?

1.  Gamestarter was recently updated.  I have an update in github to fix this, and it will be in the next update hopefully within the next week.
2.  See the wiki here
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10