• 17(current)
v19 Playon Browser
Definitely interested in that
(2017-09-13, 16:13)jcato Wrote: Was the ability to automatically mark strms watched ever added? If not, is there interest in doing it?

Thanks

(2017-09-13, 16:33)skarragallagher Wrote: Definitely interested in that
I didn't add strm support yet... however If you due scrape a strm into Kodis library it should track watched status.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hello,

Just wanted to confirm. If I wanted to get these to add to my library I need the Pseudo Library plugin? I found the forum on here but it was marked as old and a last update back in 2015. However it looks like the GitHub was updated back 10 months ago. Is this the best way? I'm looking for 100% clean integration and this plugin is great. Having this little extra would be perfect for me. Especially making it easier for my wife to get to things. Without search she gets frustrated having to try clicking through a bunch of things lol.
(2017-09-19, 17:01)dexdeadly Wrote: Hello,

Just wanted to confirm. If I wanted to get these to add to my library I need the Pseudo Library plugin? I found the forum on here but it was marked as old and a last update back in 2015. However it looks like the GitHub was updated back 10 months ago. Is this the best way? I'm looking for 100% clean integration and this plugin is great. Having this little extra would be perfect for me. Especially making it easier for my wife to get to things. Without search she gets frustrated having to try clicking through a bunch of things lol.

You could use PseudoLibrary however the project is dated... and probably deserves a refactoring.

When I free up some times I'll add proper library support to the playon browser.
Hello Lunatixz,

That sounds great. If I could help in anyway please let me know.
I'm having an issue with episodes ending before they are actually over. I'm not sure if this is the same for other channels but I noticed it in DirecTV Now. If I go to the following:
PlayOn Browser >> Directv Now >> Networks >> Comedy Central >> All Shows >> Tosh.0
it shows that the episode length is approx 21 minutes which I believe is the length of the episode without commercials. The problem is that there are commercials that are inserted in there which makes the episode an additional 3 minutes longer. This causes Kodi to stop playback after the 21 minutes when there is still another 3 minutes left in the episode.

Is there anything that can be done for this?
(2017-10-16, 15:16)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I'm having an issue with episodes ending before they are actually over. I'm not sure if this is the same for other channels but I noticed it in DirecTV Now. If I go to the following:
PlayOn Browser >> Directv Now >> Networks >> Comedy Central >> All Shows >> Tosh.0
it shows that the episode length is approx 21 minutes which I believe is the length of the episode without commercials. The problem is that there are commercials that are inserted in there which makes the episode an additional 3 minutes longer. This causes Kodi to stop playback after the 21 minutes when there is still another 3 minutes left in the episode.

I'll look into it. THX
(2017-10-16, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 15:16)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I'm having an issue with episodes ending before they are actually over. I'm not sure if this is the same for other channels but I noticed it in DirecTV Now. If I go to the following:

I'll look into it. THX

I will add I experience this same problem without the addon. Could it be the way kodi is setup? I would say its playon, but outside of kodi the playon player works just fine while using DirecTV now. A bit off topic is there a way to get Netflix to play next episode automatically through playon with kodi?
(2017-10-20, 01:01)yokohama727 Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote:

I'll look into it. THX

I will add I experience this same problem without the addon. Could it be the way kodi is setup? I would say its playon, but outside of kodi the playon player works just fine while using DirecTV now.  A bit off topic is there a way to get Netflix to play next episode automatically through playon with kodi?

Apparently there is an issue with PlayOn ending streams for DirecTV Now at the incorrect time. I sent them a support request, they acknowledged that there is an issue and that they are working on it.
(2017-10-20, 14:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 01:01)yokohama727 Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll look into it. THX

I will add I experience this same problem without the addon. Could it be the way kodi is setup? I would say its playon, but outside of kodi the playon player works just fine while using DirecTV now.  A bit off topic is there a way to get Netflix to play next episode automatically through playon with kodi?

Apparently there is an issue with PlayOn ending streams for DirecTV Now at the incorrect time. I sent them a support request, they acknowledged that there is an issue and that they are working on it.

I wonder will this fix the continuous playback as well? Outside of Kodi playon plays channels just fine like it should continuously. With Kodi and the add on once something ends playon stops the playback. Say I'm watching teen titans live and the episode sets to end, playon just stops the stream inside Kodi. Outside of Kodi it does not do that. It continues like live TV should.  Is that playon or is that Kodi making playon think there is no more content playing?
(2017-10-29, 01:40)yokohama727 Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 14:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 01:01)yokohama727 Wrote: I will add I experience this same problem without the addon. Could it be the way kodi is setup? I would say its playon, but outside of kodi the playon player works just fine while using DirecTV now.  A bit off topic is there a way to get Netflix to play next episode automatically through playon with kodi?

I wonder will this fix the continuous playback as well? Outside of Kodi playon plays channels just fine like it should continuously. With Kodi and the add on once something ends playon stops the playback. Say I'm watching teen titans live and the episode sets to end, playon just stops the stream inside Kodi. Outside of Kodi it does not do that. It continues like live TV should.  Is that playon or is that Kodi making playon think there is no more content playing?

Enable automatically play next in Kodi's video settings.
That does not work. The stream stops. I have back out and reboot playon server to catch the next show Sad.
(2017-10-29, 23:03)yokohama727 Wrote: That does not work. The stream stops. I have back out and reboot playon server to catch the next show Sad.

To understand the problem correctly. Playon Server doesn't end playback when Kodi is finished? and my suggested "play next" doesn't auto load the next item and initiate playback?
(2017-10-29, 23:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 23:03)yokohama727 Wrote: That does not work. The stream stops. I have back out and reboot playon server to catch the next show Sad.

To understand the problem correctly. Playon Server doesn't end playback when Kodi is finished? and my suggested "play next" doesn't auto load the next item and initiate playback?

Here's a better explanation. 

Using playon inside Kodi to watch live TV service like "directTV now" causes the live feed to end once a show or whatever is over. Right now I watching the Simpsons live. Once the episode is over Kodi stops the stream even though it's live. Almost like the live stream is being read as a movie in my library instead of an actual live continuous stream like PVR with my HDHomerun. Hope this makes better sense.
(2017-10-29, 23:26)yokohama727 Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 23:09)Lunatixz Wrote:

Here's a better explanation. 

Using playon inside Kodi to watch live TV service like "directTV now" causes the live feed to end once a show or whatever is over. Right now I watching the Simpsons live. Once the episode is over Kodi stops the stream even though it's live. Almost like the live stream is being read as a movie in my library instead of an actual live continuous stream like PVR with my HDHomerun. Hope this makes better sense.

This is an issue related to upnp, other users have experienced the same issue outside of the plugin.
You can test for yourself and give me the appropriate feedback so we can resolve this issue.

Navigate to Kodi videos, upnp, playon server; play your live feed... if it also stops abruptly after a show. We know it's unrelated to the plugin. So we can forward the issue to the appropriate UPNP developers.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4