• 20(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Hi Shaktoo. It sounds like 3D is not enabled and NVidia simply isn't doing it? The new Fall CU roll out and NVidia drivers have presented a couple problems. Way too many details to spell out. I have got 3D, HDR, etc. working again. In madVR folder, (not sure if you're using it) run the enable nvidia 3d.reg. Then forget about using NCP stereoscopic setting or setup wizard. Instead, turn 3D display mode on in Windows display settings and allow madVR to enable when needed and disable when not. If you're not using Fall CU, install 382.33 then install 385.69 and leave it. Not sure which setup you're using but you mentioned .bats. They enable 3D using NVidia switch. That most likely will not work anymore until NVidia fixes the function again. I see another new NVidia driver is out yesterday. I've yet to try it but I will be shortly. Maybe they got to it already? Never mind. I see someone else tried it and HDR still doesn't disengage. Keeping what works until next driver release.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi everybody,

I have an issue with the MVC build, everything works well when I play 3D MKV MVC (3d switching, menus, etc.) but as soon as I launch a 2D file, Kodi switches displays on 3D even though it is not needed.
Config : I7 + gtx 1050ti + Lg 3TV/JVC 3D projector

Anybody to help me?
(2017-10-24, 19:23)ibanana Wrote: Hi everybody,

I have an issue with the MVC build, everything works well when I play 3D MKV MVC (3d switching, menus, etc.) but as soon as I launch a 2D file, Kodi switches displays on 3D even though it is not needed.
Config : I7 + gtx 1050ti + Lg 3TV/JVC 3D projector

Anybody to help me?

This is not the "MVC build" thread.  Maybe someone can help you with your problems using it there?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-10-24, 17:02)brazen1 Wrote: Hi Shaktoo.  It sounds like 3D is not enabled and NVidia simply isn't doing it?  The new Fall CU roll out and NVidia drivers have presented a couple problems.  Way too many details to spell out.  I have got 3D, HDR, etc. working again.  In madVR folder, (not sure if you're using it) run the enable nvidia 3d.reg.  Then forget about using NCP stereoscopic setting or setup wizard.  Instead, turn 3D display mode on in Windows display settings and allow madVR to enable when needed and disable when not.  If you're not using Fall CU, install 382.33 then install 385.69 and leave it.  Not sure which setup you're using but you mentioned .bats.  They enable 3D using NVidia switch.  That most likely will not work anymore until NVidia fixes the function again.  I see another new NVidia driver is out yesterday.  I've yet to try it but I will be shortly.  Maybe they got to it already?  Never mind.  I see someone else tried it and HDR still doesn't disengage.  Keeping what works until next driver release.

Hi brazen1;
Thanks for the reply. It Made me think further and now eventually i got it fixed again but the transition from kodi to PDVD & back is not sorted yet
I have come to this conclusion that LEIA or kodi 18 nightlies are NOT 3D compliant regards menu etc yet.
I uninstalled 18 completely & did a fresh kodi 17.5 install & re installed ANS skin& re did the setup.
installed  MadVR , used the new playercorefactory and BAM ! its working perfectly ( well almost )
Just some fine tuning with hiding kodi ( does not happen ) when PDVD starts with iso playback & the mapping of ALT+F4 for my Logitech Harmony Elite  ( logitech stated this command  isnt compatible yet with the latest & most smartest remote yet Huh)
I will keep you further posted.
Thanks Bud!
Hmmmm? For me, PDVD takes focus on top of Kodi every time without fail. You're not using 'Cinema mode' correct? Fwiw, I've also edited out both of these lines:

<hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

There is no CMD flash and no Kodi or PDVD focus problems. Been using without those codes for a long time but left them in the guide in case problems appeared for others. Maybe you should try editing them out. Also, if you don't 'Use Full Screen Window' checked in Kodi settings, there will be a focus problem as stated in the guide. I see users of an unofficial Kodi build have resorted to using the option 'Off' in order to see video that is otherwise black screen. I wonder what new problems that introduces for them?

I use a Harmony 900. I installed the MS Keyboard as a device. The keyboard has Alt+F4 command that I simply mapped to the 'Exit' hard button on the remote. Works without fail.

I'm still using Leia x64. It's not without it's problems including menus. PDVD fine still although I've just been using MPC-BE main movie from complete iso to play 2D, 3D and HDR without the menus because I can fine tune them with madVR.

Was playing with NVidia driver update from today, 388.13 and noticed 3D was not working with PDVD 17 as well as some other problems the drivers of late have been causing. 3D continues to work with MPC-BE though. Clean installed back to 385.69 which cured these other problems as it has been doing but noticed 3D still not working with PDVD 17. I'm (almost) certain it used to work after the Fall CU but for sure it isn't at this time so I can only conclude the Fall CU has broken 3D with PowerDVD 17 and the 2101 update. I say almost certain but I'm human, I may not have tested it? I simply can't remember specifically doing that a couple weeks ago. Very sorry for any confusion I may have caused. PDVD and/or NVidia will need to work around the Fall CU to correct it but I would bet dimes to dollars other GPU's experience the same and PDVD will need to respond 1st. Nothing hits home like the push to rid 3D from the marketplace like this. On the other hand, we should expect 3D problems after a major O/S update especially when the focus is on HDR. I also think home theatres are not exactly high on anyone's list with gaming and bitcoin mining and streaming and virtual reality and autonomous everything and artificial intelligence R&D often stealing the show. Nvidia doesn't just make video cards.....

(2017-10-31, 04:32)brazen1 Wrote: Was playing with NVidia driver update from today, 388.13 and noticed 3D was not working with PDVD 17 as well as some other problems the drivers of late have been causing.  3D continues to work with MPC-BE though.  Clean installed back to 385.69 which cured these other problems as it has been doing but noticed 3D still not working with PDVD 17.  I'm (almost) certain it used to work after the Fall CU but for sure it isn't at this time so I can only conclude the Fall CU has broken 3D with PowerDVD 17 and the 2101 update.  I say almost certain but I'm human, I may not have tested it?  I simply can't remember specifically doing that a couple weeks ago.  Very sorry for any confusion I may have caused.  PDVD and/or NVidia will need to work around the Fall CU to correct it but I would bet dimes to dollars other GPU's experience the same and PDVD will need to respond 1st.  Nothing hits home like the push to rid 3D from the marketplace like this.  On the other hand, we should expect 3D problems after a major O/S update especially when the focus is on HDR.  I also think home theatres are not exactly high on anyone's list with gaming and bitcoin mining and streaming and virtual reality and autonomous everything and artificial intelligence R&D often stealing the show.  Nvidia doesn't just make video cards.....

3D is working for me with a GT 1030 on 385.69, FCU, and PowerDVD 17 build 2101.  Had to use madshi's registry file though.
Good to know.
The .reg didn't work here using a 960.
PDVD shows 'HDR Enabled' when attempting 3D frame packed iso for some reason?
SBS.mkv works fine, going into SBS format automatically.
Are you using a frame packed iso or a TAB/SBS.mkv or ?

Hi Brazen1.
Had many problems after the Fall CU update. The list is too long.
At the end I had to roll back to previous Win 10 OS via "Restore"
Now everything works properly again with nvidia drivers 385.41
Wait and see for future OS/Drivers releases.
Of course but, that's too easy Tongue
I decided to forgo PDVD since MPC works for everything playable (yes I tested) but without menus - instead of rolling back the O/S.  A fix will come sooner or later.....

Of course you're right. I do not use PDVD, only use MPC-BE.
But I'm not as capable as you.
Hope the fix will come soon or later.
Thanks again.
(2017-10-31, 17:10)brazen1 Wrote: Good to know.  
The .reg didn't work here using a 960.  
PDVD shows 'HDR Enabled' when attempting 3D frame packed iso for some reason?  
SBS.mkv works fine, going into SBS format automatically.
Are you using a frame packed iso or a TAB/SBS.mkv or ?

Using a frame packed ISO.  However I get the HDR enabled message for all blu-rays - 2D folder structure as well 3D ISOs.
Since updating the Fall CU, I've noticed that occasionally when I start my PC, NVidia resets RGB color range from Full to Limited. The strange thing is that this doesn't always occur faithfully. I can reboot and nothing changes. I can shut down for an hour or so and nothing changes. Once I have shut down for 8 hours or so overnight, it does change. Thought it was just me since I'm using pre Fall CU drivers in order to have everything working now that I've updated to the Fall CU. It started to annoy me so I googled 'Fall Creators Update NVidia RGB from Full to Limited' and set the google time frame to one month. I'm definitely not alone. Thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else is wondering WTF?

Switch.js keeps giving errors
heres mine current ---- its causing some rate change issues.
Please advise

(function() {
var refreshRate = 0;

// Get current refresh rate

var wmiService = GetObject('WinMgmts://./root/cimv2');
refreshRate = new Enumerator(
wmiService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController WHERE Availability <> 8')
).item(0).CurrentRefreshRate;

if (typeof refreshRate != 'number' || refreshRate === 0) {
WScript.Echo('Duh. Cannot determine current refresh rate.');
} else {

// Run QRes.exe to change refresh rate

var fs = new ActiveXObject('Scripting.FileSystemObject');
var shell = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
shell.Run(fs.GetAbsolutePathName(fs.BuildPath)
(fs.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName), 'QRes.exe')
) + ' /x 1920 /y 1080 /r:' + (refreshRate >= 59 ? 24 : 60), 0, true };
line: 19
char: 11
Error: unable to wait for process
code: 80020009
source: WshShell.Run
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39