• 22(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
(2017-10-23, 21:55)Karellen Wrote: I have been trying to find out why so many users are mixing their replies inside quotes but am yet to receive an answer. I have replicated the issue in this post. I expect it will be the same with this font issue.

my guess it's because we don't default to 'source mode'.
the 'preview mode' might be confusing as to where you should start typing your reply?

(2017-10-23, 21:55)Karellen Wrote: Do we need Small, X-Small and XX-Small? Where could we possibly use those?

foot-notes, disclaimers, signatures are a few i can think of.

the option has always been there and, apart from the odd moron who deliberately uses a x-large font in his reply, has never been a problem.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
We have had people trying to hide spam links by using tiny fonts.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-06, 09:46)Kib Wrote: [*]Team overview page needs skinning, unless we decide to remove it. (link)

applied some minor tweaks, though there's no a lot lot i can do with that page (displaying the user avatar would require mybb sourcecode editing for instance)

(2017-10-06, 10:02)Karellen Wrote: Re : Forum Team listing... https://forum2.kodi.tv/showteam.php

Under "Administrators" listing, is it possible to have a "Forum Moderators" listing. It would make it easier to track who is and is not a Moderator.

i've added both mods and supermods.
please let me know what you think :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-10-23, 21:46)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 21:44)runningnaked Wrote: Titles of threads with unread posts show in a smaller font than titles with no unread posts, in forum view.

Using Safari 11.0, macOS 10.12.6

yup, i messed up somewhere... already fixed it a few minutes ago, though it takes a while before the cache is refreshed

Thanks @ronie !
(2017-10-23, 23:36)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-06, 09:46)Kib Wrote: [*]Team overview page needs skinning, unless we decide to remove it. (link)
[*]

applied some minor tweaks, though there's no a lot lot i can do with that page (displaying the user avatar would require mybb sourcecode editing for instance)

(2017-10-06, 10:02)Karellen Wrote: Re : Forum Team listing... https://forum2.kodi.tv/showteam.php

Under "Administrators" listing, is it possible to have a "Forum Moderators" listing. It would make it easier to track who is and is not a Moderator.

[*]

i've added both mods and supermods.
please let me know what you think :-)

That is great @ronie. Thank you. Who knew we had so many Moderators!! I don't recognise over half the names.

I think you have the headings reversed though. My understanding is that "Moderators" have limited privileges in the forum, usually limited to one sub-forum. "Super Moderators" are those that have free run throughout the forum. Is this correct?

---Edit---
Also, looks like the "Moderators" section has a mix of "moderators" and "super moderators"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-23, 23:53)Karellen Wrote: [*]That is great @ronie. Thank you. Who knew we had so many Moderators!! I don't recognise over half the names.
[*]

It looks like the majority of the mods are skilled skinners who have mod privileges in their own subforums - there are quite a few in there that aren't all that active anymore.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-10-23, 21:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 21:42). Wrote: I have been trying to find out why so many users are mixing their replies inside quotes but am yet to receive an answer. .

I mess it up because there are no quote/end quote   tags any more, just boxes everywhere.  
also, I can't seem to add a return between your box and my reply carrying on from daveblake's post below.  I can only type in this box here.  I know it's wrong, but the computer won't let me do it properly.  
(2017-10-23, 16:52)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 15:35)ronie Wrote:
(2017-10-23, 10:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Could the length of user name be making a difference?
thanx for the hint :-)
could you check if it behaves better now?
Yes better - user name now in dark green box same as you were seeing Smile
One glitch more nailed @ronie!.
Yes, it's fixed on mine, also.  Thank you!
@bilgepump et al

Thanks for the feedback. In case you are not aware (and for everyone else reading) you can toggle between the Source Code view and the HTML view. It can also be set in preferences to your preferred view.

To view the Source code, see image...

To permanently set Source Code view in your preferences, see instructions in Post #102
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-24, 08:28)Karellen Wrote: @bilgepump et al

Thanks for the feedback. In case you are not aware (and for everyone else reading) you can toggle between the Source Code view and the HTML view. It can also be set in preferences to your preferred view.

To permanently set Source Code view in your preferences, see instructions in Post #102
Woohoo!  Thanks.  Hopefully my future posts won't be messed up any more.
It seems that today the view has changed & threads which you have posted in no longer indicate this, previously I think there was something like a white speech bubble at the side? Now they just show as either read or un-read:

I'm wondering if the font used in the 'action buttons' with each post is the correct one. The main font seems like Arial or Verdana, while the action button font is more Times Roman.

(2017-10-24, 22:48)FXB78 Wrote: It seems that today the view has changed & threads which you have posted in no longer indicate this, previously I think there was something like a white speech bubble at the side? Now they just show as either read or un-read:

Further to this post, it seems to only affect Today's Posts and New Posts.... can we have the speech bubbles back on these sections please Smile
(2017-10-25, 15:33)FXB78 Wrote: Further to this post, it seems to only affect Today's Posts and New Posts.... can we have the speech bubbles back on these sections please Smile
What actual use do the speech bubbles have? None that I can think off.
In the Search results listing, threads are always listed with the latest reply at the top.
(2017-10-25, 16:15)Klojum Wrote: What actual use do the speech bubbles have? None that I can think off.
In the Search results listing, threads are always listed with the latest reply at the top.

The speech bubbles indicate threads that you have posted in, the previous forum also had an icon for this & I personally find it useful. I'm more interested in threads I've contributed to rather than all the other threads, which I can just glance at and skip over without trying to remember whether or not I posted in them.

The speech bubbles are still present in the regular views, so if they are deemed to serve no purpose then perhaps they should be removed altogether to remain consistent. Although I don't see what harm they do, it's not like they take up a ton of space.
The full screen edit mode needs some work. This is the second last icon on the right, next to the Source/HTML toggle.

1. When in full screen edit, many of the formatting icon functions do not work. You need to exit full screen edit to use them (ie11 and firefox)
2. In IE11, as soon as you make an edit in Full Screen, the formatting icons immediately disappear. There is no way to then exit full screen mode cleanly. The browser back button is used, but edits are lost. In Firefox v56, this does not seem to happen
3. The scroll bars are glitchy. The edit pane scroll bar works, but the browser scroll bar works once. This means that formatting icons at top of the page scroll off the page, and then don't come back again making it difficult to exit full screen mode. (ie11 and firefox)

Thanks
My Signature
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2