No entry at TMDB. How to scrape from IMDB
Hello,
Just got Kodi 17.3 running with LibreELEC OS (in the Raspberry Pi NOOBs  package).  The Movie Database isn't scraping 4-5 titles, I can see these very briefly listed in the "Event Log".  Installed Missing Movie Scanner 4.0.5 to learn more.  But, MMS shows NO missed movies, all categories are blank ( the "..").  Wondering if others are successfully  are using MMS with LibreElec? 

Link below for the logfile at /storage/.kodi/temp/Kodi.log, I'm illiterate on this log file, it appears the MMS scan has run, but doesn't appear to indicate any missed Movies.   Coindentally or not, all the missed movies are documentaries, I 've read they are the most fickle.   Help, what am I missing?

Thanks!
David

http://sprunge.us/SKWD
Hi nahannidog,

Thanks for providing the log on your first post. I have had a quick look through, but thought I might take another approach first.

Just for the next few posts, lets forget about the Missing Movie Scanner and concentrate on your 5 titles that are not scraping.
  1. These 5 titles, are they saved in your Movies or TV Show directory?
  2. Are you using the default scrapers? ie- TMDB for Movies and TVDB for TV Shows

If you have saved them as Movies, can you...
  1.  go to https://www.themoviedb.org/
  2. Locate the titles

If you have saved them as TV Shows, can you
  1. go to http://thetvdb.com/
  2. Locate the titles

Once you locate them, check that you have named them exactly the same.

If you can't locate them, then visit the other site and see if you can locate them.

Let us know what you discover.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
Thanks for your careful reply.

I have reduced the list of unscraped Movies to 3.  These remaining 3...

None show at https://www.themoviedb.org/, however I found all 3 in IMDB.
Storm over Everest(2008)  {Frontline episode and DVD}
Everest: The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine(1992)  {NOVA episode and DVD}  IMDB link for example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219677/?ref_=nv_sr_3
Return to Everest (1984)

(My area of interest obvious)
Is there a way to get Kodi to access the IMDB database?  if so, pitfalls and cautions?
Hi nahannidog

Yes, providing the titles is always more helpful. I can see that, indeed, they are not on the TMDB site. You have four options...

1. You can add the titles to TMDB. It is a community driven site and any help with information is always appreciated, especially when we happily take advantage of their service
2. You can use NFO Files to create your own information. Might come in useful in future for things like home movies, or sporting events. See My Signature for the link.
3. You can use the IMDB scraper, as you requested. If you are intent on using IMDB scraper, then you need to install the Universal Movie Scraper add-on. Once installed, enter its Settings, and change metadata source to IMDB. Then edit your Movie Source to use the new Universal Movie Scraper.
4. An even easier option, after you install the Universal Movie Scraper, is to use a Parsing NFO file. Same link in My Signature

Hope that helps.

---Edit---
Careful with Item 3. It will rescrape everything in that Source, which is probably what you don't want. You will need to scrape each item manually, by navigating to Videos>Files, locating the movie, then pressing the "I"nformation button on your remote, or place them in a new source dedicated to IMDB scrapes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
I tried door #3 edit for "Everest: The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine(1992) ", successfully got title and cast info into Kodi.  I noticed that Universal Movie Scraper Addon with IMDB chosen doesn't include artwork (correct me if I'm wrong).  So I tried door#1 for the same title, successfully added a minimal entry (with a poster).  It shows OK on the web.  Went back to Kodi, changed the source back to TMDB, then tried to individually update the title to new TMDB info.  The "I" button (or RMB> Information) doesn't give me the opportunity to update info, just view.   So question #1, how to update individual files?  

Decided to update the entire source (for some reason context menu "update library" rarely works for me) by rebooting Kodi.  The poster I added to TMDB didn't get added. So question #2, is there a significant delay (>15minutes) between TMDB on the web and what Kodi has access to?

Getting this figured out, thanks!
Hello nahannidog

Quote:I tried door #3 edit for "Everest: The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine(1992) ", successfully got title and cast info into Kodi.  I noticed that Universal Movie Scraper Addon with IMDB chosen doesn't include artwork (correct me if I'm wrong).
If I recall correctly the artwork has an option for download source. Did you set that option in the settings page of the Universal Movie Scraper for IMDB?

Quote:The "I" button (or RMB> Information) doesn't give me the opportunity to update info, just view.   So question #1, how to update individual files?
Once it is scraped into the library, the "I" will give you the movie information. While in that Information page, look for the button "Refresh". That button will re-scrape the title.

Quote:The poster I added to TMDB didn't get added. So question #2, is there a significant delay (>15minutes) between TMDB on the web and what Kodi has access to?
Yes, once you add an entry to TVDB or TMDB, there is a delay while that entry is cached to the other servers around the world. Sometimes it is immediate. Other times it can take upto an hour.
My Signature
(2017-10-26, 07:08)Karellen Wrote: Hi Karellen,

Quote:If I recall correctly the artwork has an option for download source. Did you set that option in the settings page of the Universal Movie Scraper for IMDB?
There are options for get poster from TMDB (on/off) or get posters from fanart.tv(on/off), but turning both to off doesn't appear to default to IMDB.

Quote:Once it is scraped into the library, the "I" will give you the movie information. While in that Information page, look for the button "Refresh". That button will re-scrape the title.
OK, "Refresh" button was off the screen to the right, couldn't get there with mouse, but keyboard arrow keys.  works great.

Quote:Yes, once you add an entry to TVDB or TMDB, there is a delay while that entry is cached to the other servers around the world. Sometimes it is immediate. Other times it can take upto an hour.
Could you please take a look at my TMDB edit for "Storm Over Everest", My initial input showed in Kodi in about 10 minutes.  Realized I forgot to include the release date, changed that about 18 hours ago, shows fine on the web...the release date still isn't showing in Kodil.  It's almost as if I don't the the TMBD input correct the first time, stuck with it forever in KodiHuh [url=https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=storm+over+everest][/url]
Hi nahannidog

This is what I see at TMDB. I see the Release Year next to the title, and I see the Release Information of May 13, 2008.

If you are not seeing this, it is possible it is a local cache issue on your computer. Clear the cache from your browser or force reloading the page using F5 or Shift-Refresh

My Signature
Hi Karelen,
Sure seems like something stuck in Cache.  I'm using LibreElec on Raspberry Pii2, don't know how to refresh cache. But, after several reboots and power downs, the Storm over Everest updated correctly.

The other title "Everest: The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine" seems stuck even more.  This was the title I initially scanned with IMDB, noticed Poster not displaying, logged in to TMDB and created an entry(it looks fine on the web), changed source to TMDB, and refreshed the title under information....in this case I'm still stuck with the original IMDB info.  Multiple reboots isn't fixing this one.  Pertinent or not, the IMDB release date is actually wrong, saying 1992, my entry in TMDB has correct date 1999.  I've renamed my file to include (1999)

Link to very busy debug logfile after several Refreshes on "Everest the Mystery...,"   there are some suspicious error entries showing things like:

19:55:50.556 T:1512043424   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/tt0219677/im...0edb44a84d

19:55:50.556 T:1512043424   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

http://sprunge.us/ViWX

I appreciate your time, I could just let this one go as not worth the trouble, but always wanting to understand things a liittle better
It looks like you are still scraping with Universal Scraper set to IMDB...

Code:
19:52:46.672 T:1962382448   DEBUG: GetMovieId (/var/media/VIDEO-A-M/Everest-The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine(1992)-NOVA-NormSubChp.mp4), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=251
19:52:46.673 T:1962382448   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url 'http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0219677/|accept-language=en-us' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (content: 'movies')

Navigate to your movie via Videos>Files,
Call up the context menu
Select Change Content
Then change the "Choose information provider" to TMDB
Re-scrape.

Alternatively, create another Source but set this one for TMDB. Now you have two sources- one for IMDB and the other set for TMDB. Then just move your movies to the appropriate folder and scrape. No need to constantly change individual movie settings.
My Signature
Karellen,
Don't know how content was reset to IMDB, but set back to TMDB and re-scraped the whole source.  I now have a clean library...thanks for all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No entry at TMDB. How to scrape from IMDB0