Solved Where is VideoPlayer InputStream option in Kodi for Linux?
Hi guys, 

On LibreElec, Android and Windows, VideoPlayer InputStream is found under Settings/Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer Input Stream. 

There, you can enable/disable InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input. 

However, I can't find these options anywhere on Kodi for Linux Mint x64. 

?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2017-11-03, 05:50)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi guys, 

On LibreElec, Android and Windows, VideoPlayer InputStream is found under Settings/Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer Input Stream. 

?

You need to install the proper inputstream addons.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-11-03, 08:48)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-11-03, 05:50)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi guys, 

?

You need to install the proper inputstream addons.

That's odd. If I backup and restore my current Kodi Linux setup into Windows and Android, both of these addons show as already being installed and enabled, there.

Do you know why it shows installed in other Operating Systems, but it doesn't in Linux?

Are these addons not part of /.kodi/addons/?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
That is just the way it is done in ubuntu packaging. All the PVR addons are also installable via apt-get.

Code:
apt-cache search kodi
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you for that cache code to get the proper install file names. Had no idea these addons were done that way in Linux. 

For future reference for other newbies wanting to install these two addons, here are the steps:

Close Kodi
Open Terminal
Run these two commands:

Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive

sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-rtmp

Open Kodi
go to Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer InputStream/ 
Enable InputStream Adaptive
Enable RTMP Input
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-rtmp kodi-inputstream-adaptive - obviously ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have a new install of Kubuntu 19.04.  I've experimented with Linux a bit before, but still don't know much.  I have installed Kodi 18.1 by adding the ppa.  The problem is that both inputstream.adaptive and the rmtp one are NOT to be found in the install. They are NOT in my addons waiting to be enabled.   Nor are they found in the Kodi repository.  I tried following the directions in this thread and that did not work either.  

The list that comes up when I use apt-cache search Kodi includes neither of those and if I follow the terminal commands above, I get an error because they do not exist.

Specifically, I get this:  Recommended packages:
 kodi-peripheral-joystick kodi-inputstream-adaptive kodi-inputstream-rtmp  but then when I try, I get this:

Package kodi-inputstream-adaptive is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'kodi-inputstream-adaptive' has no installation candidate

I use Kodi on Windows normally and know that they have to be enabled, but this distro doesn't have them. I tried copying over my userdata folder, which has those files but of course, that doesn't work.

If I install Kodi via Flatpak, rather than the ppa, I do have both of those and can enable them, but that version does something very odd with the user folder.  It's nowhere to be found aka not in the Home folder. I cannot find it on the system.

What do I need to do to get these files and enable them?  Thank you, in advance.
That's simply because some (if not all) of those binary add-ons have not been ported to the 19.04 version of Ubuntu. So it's currently not available for your OS version. Kodi itself is available.

I'll ping the specific person.
Talked to the Team member.

The add-ons will be included for the stable ppa after we have released 18.2 (which will be soon). If you don't want to wait you could test if you are able to install the binary add-ons from the unstable ppa (not tested if that works as I don't use 19.04).
In order to test that, run the following command:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
then
sudo apt update
then you should be able to install the binary add-ons you need. For example:

sudo apt install kodi-peripheral-joystick kodi-inputstream-adaptive kodi-inputstream-rtmp

If those have been installed fine, you could remove the repository again:

sudo apt-add-repository --remove ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt update
(2019-04-22, 09:00)DaVu Wrote: That's simply because some (if not all) of those binary add-ons have not been ported to the 19.04 version of Ubuntu. So it's currently not available for your OS version. Kodi itself is available.

I'll ping the specific person.

Thank you!  I see today that Kodi updated to 18.2 but still not available which is expected as I need to install it separately.  I will wait for the repository to show them.
(2019-04-22, 09:18)DaVu Wrote: Talked to the Team member.

The add-ons will be included for the stable ppa after we have released 18.2 (which will be soon). If you don't want to wait you could test if you are able to install the binary add-ons from the unstable ppa (not tested if that works as I don't use 19.04).
In order to test that, run the following command:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
then
sudo apt update
then you should be able to install the binary add-ons you need. For example:

sudo apt install kodi-peripheral-joystick kodi-inputstream-adaptive kodi-inputstream-rtmp

If those have been installed fine, you could remove the repository again:

sudo apt-add-repository --remove ppa:team-xbmc/unstablesudo apt update

Thank you.  I saw that Kodi updated to 18.2 today so I checked the regular repository for them, but they weren't there, however others were like the joystick one.  

I followed your advice and added the unstable one, as well, but it too tells me that those aren't part of it.

Do I need to remove the stable one first in order to see them?  When I type sudo apt-cache search kodi which repository will it refer to?

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it.
(2019-04-22, 22:11)scoobydooami Wrote: Do I need to remove the stable one first in order to see them?  When I type sudo apt-cache search kodi which repository will it refer to?

if you do: apt-cache policy kodi you will see the info from all repos where this package is available. Btw...no need for "sudo" if you do "apt-cache policy <packagename>". Just FYI
also the unstable ppa repo do not have inputstream for ubuntu 19.04 
Quote:sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package kodi-inputstream-adaptive is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package 'kodi-inputstream-adaptive' has no installation candidate

v18.2 has been out for a couple weeks and adaptive inputstream hasn't been released for Ubuntu 19.04 as promised. Waiting patiently for the devs to release it on ANY branch...

I'm sure they're working hard, though. Can't complain when I'm getting it for free. XD
(2019-05-09, 10:07)butternickel Wrote: v18.2 has been out for a couple weeks and adaptive inputstream hasn't been released for Ubuntu 19.04 as promised. Waiting patiently for the devs to release it on ANY branch...

I'm sure they're working hard, though. Can't complain when I'm getting it for free. XD
I saw yesterday that they've added inputstream to the repo as of yesterday.  Unfortunately the RTMP Input is still missing in action.  Hopefully, that will get added soon, too.  I need both of them for certain plugins.  I've set up mine to use the Netflix and Amazon VOD ones.  I'ts great that, with those, I can actually have what shows I want in my library without all of the browser resource sucking activity.  They are both very impressive, but require these two plugins due to the drm nature.  They both work perfectly for me in Windows.  I believe it affects certain other plugins that are part of the Kodi respository, as well.

I did notice when I've tried out different and older versions of Linux (ones that use the older Ubuntu 18.04 repositories like Elementary OS, that those work as normal).  The Arch User Repository version also has all it needs. So, I guess it's just wait and see for the Disco !9.04 flavors of Ubuntu.  The other alternative is that the flatpak version seems to have all it needs, but it saves the profile directory in an unusual spot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is VideoPlayer InputStream option in Kodi for Linux?2