• 10(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Thanks. Can we change the speed of fanart change?
(2017-11-05, 06:26)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Thanks. Can we change the speed of fanart change?

Skins decide how long images are shown, they'll often provide options to change that in the skin settings window.
Hi there,

my prefered skin estuary mod v2 changed from artwork downloader to artwork beef.

I use Emby and Emby plugin to manage my media including artwork. Emby plugin pulls artwork from emby server and stores it in local kodi filesystem.

I assume, that I can simply activate automatically add from filesystem only option and everything works as before?

Thanks and best regards

Stefan
I'm changing to Artworkbeef and I also use Ember Media, I want to know the rename way that artworkbeef uses, Kodi way or artwork downloader way? The reason for me to ask this is for set Ember Media manager to match the way artworkbeef renames the artwork.

Also, is there an option to save the artwork locally, I couldn't find any option for this in the addon setting.

Thanks awesome work, a lot are starting to use you add-on.
This has been an awesome add on and a life saver after having problems with Artwork Downloader. However after the most recent update I'm getting an error that says "No web service ID's available." And no artwork is downloaded. Any idea what could be the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920P
(2017-11-05, 14:57)elchupete Wrote: Hi there,

my prefered skin estuary mod v2 changed from artwork downloader to artwork beef.

I use Emby and Emby plugin to manage my media including artwork. Emby plugin pulls artwork from emby server and stores it in local kodi filesystem.

I assume, that I can simply activate automatically add from filesystem only option and everything works as before?

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

If by "local kodi filesystem" you mean artwork is placed next to the media files themselves ("300-fanart.jpg" is next to "300.mkv") then that is spot on.

I haven't used Emby much, so I can't be sure, but the Emby add-on for Kodi may already set artwork in the Kodi library itself, along with the rest of the media info. You may only need Artwork Helper in that case, and use Emby to manage artwork on the server rather than Artwork Beef.

(2017-11-06, 01:27)abescalamis Wrote: I'm changing to Artworkbeef and I also use Ember Media, I want to know the rename way that artworkbeef uses, Kodi way or artwork downloader way? The reason for me to ask this is for set Ember Media manager to match the way artworkbeef renames the artwork.

Also, is there an option to save the artwork locally, I couldn't find any option for this in the addon setting.

Thanks awesome work, a lot are starting to use you add-on.

Kodi's naming scheme is preferred, but it supports both. 

There is no way to save artwork locally. That's due to the biggest difference from Artwork Downloader: Artwork Beef doesn't actually download anything, but only adds artwork URLs/paths into the Kodi library (like scrapers) so that Kodi can download artwork as part of its caching process, when a skin wants to show the image.

I used artwork next to media files early on (I remember when some mad genius came up with the "wide icons" hack!), absolutely hated managing all of it and stopped doing that as soon as I could (Kodi 12 Frodo), but it really is the simplest way to store and share information and artwork among several Kodi installs, so... I may come around some day.

(2017-11-06, 09:07)Code101 Wrote: This has been an awesome add on and a life saver after having problems with Artwork Downloader. However after the most recent update I'm getting an error that says "No web service ID's available." And no artwork is downloaded. Any idea what could be the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Does this happen for one particular media type (movies, TV shows, etc) or all types? Does it happen for all items (including items that existed before the update), or just newly added items, or a random smattering of each? What scrapers do you have configured, and if you use an NFO manager, which one, including version?
Just out of interest, what artwork are you missing from the music library support?

I thought there was a recent PR to fix that for cdart and banners...

EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11754
Since I use Ember Media Manager to save the artwork and movie info locally, is there a setting in Artwork beef to use the locally stored artwork and info. or it does it by itself?

I like your addon it feels very intuitive so far I'm loving it, I wish that one day you can add the option to save the artwork locally, the reason why I do it it's that I used a shared database and use Kodi in multiple devices.
(2017-11-06, 13:10)docwra Wrote: Just out of interest, what artwork are you missing from the music library support?

That PR only applies to scrapers/information providers and library imports. JSON-RPC can only get fanart and thumb for artists, and can't set any artwork in the music library at all (artists or albums), so Artwork Beef can do nothing (JSON-RPC is the only sanctioned way for it to interact with the library). Additionally, Kodi needs a "Choose art" option in the GUI so users can set extended artwork manually, for both artists and albums at least.

(2017-11-06, 19:53)abescalamis Wrote: Since I use Ember Media Manager to save the artwork and movie info locally, is there a setting in Artwork beef to use the locally stored artwork and info. or it does it by itself?

I like your addon it feels very intuitive so far I'm loving it, I wish that one day you can add the option to save the artwork locally, the reason why I do it it's that I used a shared database and use Kodi in multiple devices.

It will prefer local artwork just like Kodi, but if you manage everything with Ember then you should enable the add-on setting "Automatically add from filesystem only".
@rmrector

Here my french translation : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qF5FNyQ...sp=sharing
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-11-07, 00:57)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-11-06, 13:10)docwra Wrote: Just out of interest, what artwork are you missing from the music library support?

That PR only applies to scrapers/information providers and library imports. JSON-RPC can only get fanart and thumb for artists, and can't set any artwork in the music library at all (artists or albums), so Artwork Beef can do nothing (JSON-RPC is the only sanctioned way for it to interact with the library). Additionally, Kodi needs a "Choose art" option in the GUI so users can set extended artwork manually, for both artists and albums at least.

If I am spoonfed some more detail, then as the dev with most interest in the music library I may be able to improve this. But I have lots to do already so it needs to be made easy for me and clear what the requirements are. I don't use the video lib, nor bother with addons much so I don't know by default what that does or what is wanted.

So for example if you can mock up examples of what the JSON API calls could be like (from similar in video) and what you want them to achieve then that would help. Even better start a thread in Music Support discussing it, I will spot anything posts in that subforum.
Also a new user recently migrated from artwork downloader leveraging estuarymod v2.   

Artwork Beef is working great and i cleared and refreshed the artwork for my collection, followed by caching everything with texturecache.py.   I like that the reference to everything is stored in the DB and there is no need for an 'extrafanart' folder, but it has a side-effect that I was hoping someone could assist me with.   

I had been using artwork downloader, then occasionally exported my library to separate files using kodi.    With artwork beef, this has the following effect (I think, may not be 100%):
  1. Artwork identified via plugin is added to texture13.db with url (internet) reference
  2. artwork is cached via whatever means (browsing kodi, texturecache.py, etc)
  3. I export the video library to store the artwork with the videos, which creates movie-fanart??.jpg (so far so good)
    in this example lets say there is 5 pieces of fanart
  4. I rerun artwork beef at a later time, all URL references i are replaced with local references (SMB path in my case) (also good)
  5. Additionally, artwork identified in #1 (above) is identified as 'new' or additional and added to the texture13.db
  6. repeat #2
  7. I export the library again, and the artwork is exported, but as there is now duplicate references to the same artwork, fanart 6-10 is created although they are duplicates of 1-5.  
I know this is not strictly an artwork beef issue, but wanted to see of there are any thoughts on a better approach to storing the identified artwork with the media.  

Thanks
@Guilouz thanks, I'll get that merged in soon

(2017-11-07, 14:43)DaveBlake Wrote: ...

If I am spoonfed some more detail, then as the dev with most interest in the music library  I may be able to improve this. But I have lots to do already so it needs to be made easy for me and clear what the requirements are. I don't use the video lib, nor bother with addons much so I don't know by default what that does or what is wanted.

So for example if you can mock up examples of what the JSON API calls could be like (from similar in video) and what you want them to achieve then that would help. Even better start a thread in Music Support discussing it, I will spot anything posts in that subforum.

Ya, I can work on that.

(2017-11-07, 14:55)wallacebw Wrote: Also a new user recently migrated from artwork downloader leveraging estuarymod v2.   

Artwork Beef is working great and i cleared and refreshed the artwork for my collection, followed by caching everything with texturecache.py.   I like that the reference to everything is stored in the DB and there is no need for an 'extrafanart' folder, but it has a side-effect that I was hoping someone could assist me with.   

I had been using artwork downloader, then occasionally exported my library to separate files using kodi.    With artwork beef, this has the following effect (I think, may not be 100%):
  1. Artwork identified via plugin is added to texture13.db with url (internet) reference
  2. artwork is cached via whatever means (browsing kodi, texturecache.py, etc)
  3. I export the video library to store the artwork with the videos, which creates movie-fanart??.jpg (so far so good)
    in this example lets say there is 5 pieces of fanart
  4. I rerun artwork beef at a later time, all URL references i are replaced with local references (SMB path in my case) (also good)
  5. Additionally, artwork identified in #1 (above) is identified as 'new' or additional and added to the texture13.db
  6. repeat #2
  7. I export the library again, and the artwork is exported, but as there is now duplicate references to the same artwork, fanart 6-10 is created although they are duplicates of 1-5.  
I know this is not strictly an artwork beef issue, but wanted to see of there are any thoughts on a better approach to storing the identified artwork with the media.  

Thanks

For you situation I'd suggest using the texture cache utility to export the artwork rather thank Kodi. I think its export can swap the records in the Kodi library as it goes, avoiding the duplicates. A bonus is that it also exports full quality versions of the artwork, while Kodi exports the often scaled down versions it uses.

Edit: @Code101 If you are using Kodi 16 Jarvis then I should have a fix out soon; I missed something with Jarvis support.
Quote:For you situation I'd suggest using the texture cache utility to export the artwork rather thank Kodi. I think its export can swap the records in the Kodi library as it goes, avoiding the duplicates. A bonus is that it also exports full quality versions of the artwork, while Kodi exports the often scaled down versions it uses.

Thanks, I took a look at the mklocal.py and *should* be able to make this work to write the art with the media, but won't artwork beef end up in the same place of either seeing the 'local' or 'internet' art as new or does artworkbeef leverage the texture.imagehash field to validate content regardless of SRC?
Hello,

it would be nice to have a setting that allows to disable notification popups which appear whenever new media got added.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5