• 69(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
(2017-10-25, 13:24)jibajaw Wrote: Seeking assistance with my installation. On an Ubuntu 17.04 installation I have Flix2Kodi launch on Google-Chrome but receive an error on launch.

@Karellen- Log removed

not sure if python crypto is at fault or maybe my moonlight installation...

(2017-10-25, 14:22)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 13:24)jibajaw Wrote: Seeking assistance with my installation. On an Ubuntu 17.04 installation I have Flix2Kodi launch on Google-Chrome but receive an error on launch.

You're getting a 404 error.  Also, please don't post partial logs in the threads.  You should always post a link to a full, unedited debug log (wiki).
dow chromium  
 in flix set it on chromelaunchr
(2017-10-29, 20:50)tomtomclub Wrote:

@Karellen- Log removed

(2017-10-25, 14:22)MetalChris Wrote:

You're getting a 404 error.  Also, please don't post partial logs in the threads.  You should always post a link to a full, unedited debug log (wiki).
dow chromium  
 in flix set it on chromelaunchr

I've created a new log file and have attached it below.
Kodi log file

I installed Chromium and selected "chromelauncher" under settings but it failed to launch netfilx. I tried also specifying chrome and chromium directly from the settings option but all failed as well.
Hey guys,

I get this error below. I read in an earlier post from yamboo-efi that he was looking in to it? Any progress so far? I am using krypton on win10.

regards,

Theo

Code:
15:34:33.473 T:6808   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
15:34:33.996 T:5164   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                           Error Contents: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 10, in <module>
                                               from resources import general
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 7, in <module>
                                               import add
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\add.py", line 10, in <module>
                                               from resources import library
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\library.py", line 9, in <module>
                                               import get
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\get.py", line 18, in <module>
                                               from resources import connect, video_parser
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 15, in <module>
                                               from resources import chrome_cookie
                                             File "C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\chrome_cookie.py", line 16, in <module>
                                               import win32crypt
                                           ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
15:34:34.034 T:6808   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/
15:34:34.034 T:6808   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/) failed
(2017-10-29, 20:23)tomtomclub Wrote: hee thanks works fine on linux but the remote controller and pulse cec dos not work ?

I don't have any CEC compatible, but after reading this I think that you can map remote keypress to actions. If you map it to correct action key, I think you can control plugin over CEC compliant remote. Look my previous post to get a list of action mappings.

@jibajaw and @Theo23: What version of plugin you are using? I think that you aren't using the last release version of my fork (0.6.8)
(2017-11-13, 23:34)yamboo-efi Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 20:23)tomtomclub Wrote: hee thanks works fine on linux but the remote controller and pulse cec dos not work ?

I don't have any CEC compatible, but after reading this I think that you can map remote keypress to actions. If you map it to correct action key, I think you can control plugin over CEC compliant remote. Look my previous post to get a list of action mappings.

@jibajaw and @Theo23: What version of plugin you are using? I think that you aren't using the last release version of my fork (0.6.8)    
I'm getting the same error myself. I am currently us IE in kiosk mode and was excited to find a new addon since i gave up back in the days of NetfliXBMC which didnt work well. I tried both the 0.6.8 and current master but both give me the same error the second I try to launch the addon after adding my login info. It simply asks me to check the logs. I will post the log but I will say I have set the browser to internet explorer but the error does mention something called chrome_cookie.py which probably shouldn't be starting for IE.I am on Windows 7 running Kodi 16.1

Code:
21:41:45` T:5636 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/
21:41:45 T:5636 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/) failed
21:42:03 T:1108 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found. Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 10, in <module> from resources import general File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\general.py", line 7, in <module> import add File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\add.py", line 10, in <module> from resources import library File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\library.py", line 9, in <module> import get File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\get.py", line 18, in <module> from resources import connect, video_parser File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 15, in <module> from resources import chrome_cookie File "C:\Users\R. Giskard\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\chrome_cookie.py", line 16, in <module> import win32crypt ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found. -->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-07-11, 22:19)Voyager2k Wrote: After quite a few issues (win10) I got this to work using Chrome (edge won't even go FS or play anything). However, there are still 2 annoying issues. When the video starts playing Chrome puts the mouse cursor with the spinning circle thing right smack in the middle of the screen and won't hide it. This can be solved with an extra tool that runs in the background and hides the mouse after some time of inactivity but using that causes issues with Kodi's UI (screen blanks for a couple seconds every now and then, probably when the cursor is deactivated). It's a bit of a crux but would be nice if the addon could somehow ensure that Chrome won't make the mouse part of your movie experience.

The other more annoying issue is that Kodi gets minimized when stopping a movie. The way I have my "green button" setup makes it so it's not a huge issue (if kodi isn't running it'll start kodi, if it's already running it makes sure it'll be full screen and receive focus if it doesn't have it) but it just bothers me to no end. I don't like things only working half way Smile There's no reason for kodi to get minimized in the first place and if there is then it should be restored to whatever status it had before Chrome was launched.

On my linux (ubuntu kodi thing) I haven't gotten it to work at all yet. Chromium comes up taking half the screen, showing the netflix page for a movie/show and that's that.Probably just a browser config thing. When I find the time I'll look into that some more. If anyone has had the same issue and knows how to fix it right away I'd appreciate the info. I had a similar effect on win10 and iirc that had something to do with aborted sessions. After logging in to netflix with the browser once and properly closing it the issue was gone. So I am hoping it's the same with linux Smile

Big thanks to the author(s) of this pluging. I like it a lot better than the crappy Netflix app thing. Netflix thing is so confusing.

On Linux, I believe you need to have a window manager running in order to fullscreen netflix.  Look at the very first page of this thread, and look for "window manager".
seriously, is there ANY reason for this add-on any more?
(2017-11-30, 20:23)3000 Wrote: seriously, is there ANY reason for this add-on any more?
 Could you provide some context?
As far as i'm aware, the new netflix plugin for kodi only works with 18, which is Alpha... or maybe beta... right?
Or what are the collective masses on this thread missing?
Yes, it's true. It only works for the Leia nightlies. I was one of the first ones to compile and test it. Even then it was already usable. Now you don't even need to compile anything. For me it's a no-brainer. Get a reliable nightly and you're good to go. 

Just saying ...
(2017-11-30, 22:46)3000 Wrote: Yes, it's true. It only works for the Leia nightlies. I was one of the first ones to compile and test it. Even then it was already usable. Now you don't even need to compile anything. For me it's a no-brainer. Get a reliable nightly and you're good to go. 

Just saying ...
 Thank you for clarifying.
In my case i'm waiting for my distro to have 18/Leia as stable in repos before I upgrade.. so will probably be using 17/Krypton with flix2kodi until that happens (or until there is another API change that doesn't get patches applied in flix2kodi)
(2017-11-30, 20:23)3000 Wrote: seriously, is there ANY reason for this add-on any more?
 I don't understand what you mean? Is netflix access built into Kodi 18? I am on 17.6 so this is why I don't follow.
(2017-12-14, 17:32)mzup Wrote:
 I don't understand what you mean? Is netflix access built into Kodi 18? I am on 17.6 so this is why I don't follow.

@mzup; i'm not sure if it is built-in or not, but i know that the following plugin works natively with kodi 18 (no screwery with browser, window manager, etc- just have to get widevine lib):
https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix

I think i read somewhere this plugin was going to make it to the official reps, but i could be making that up in my mind.
Maybe someone with more knowledge can speak up..
(2017-12-14, 17:49)thenextdon13 Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 17:32)mzup Wrote:

@mzup; i'm not sure if it is built-in or not, but i know that the following plugin works natively with kodi 18 (no screwery with browser, window manager, etc- just have to get widevine lib):

I think i read somewhere this plugin was going to make it to the official reps, but i could be making that up in my mind.
That looks like it is for non windows systems. I am on windows so that doesn't work for me.  thanks though. Will wait to see about Kodi 18.
(2017-12-14, 18:05)mzup Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 17:49)thenextdon13 Wrote: @mzup; i'm not sure if it is built-in or not, but i know that the following plugin works natively with kodi 18 (no screwery with browser, window manager, etc- just have to get widevine lib):

That looks like it is for non windows systems. I am on windows so that doesn't work for me.  thanks though. Will wait to see about Kodi 18. 
 Hmm I don't get that feeling. It just says on instructions page you need the kodi nightly (which includes windows builds), the widevine lib needs to go in 'special://home', which following the link appears to provide what directories those are for Windows, and the plugin is just a standard Kodi plugin.

That said, i think we're in the wrong forum for this discussion, so this is off-topic. Be good to find the proper thread for this plugin.
(2017-12-14, 18:22)thenextdon13 Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 18:05)mzup Wrote:
(2017-12-14, 17:49)thenextdon13 Wrote: @mzup; i'm not sure if it is built-in or not, but i know that the following plugin works natively with kodi 18 (no screwery with browser, window manager, etc- just have to get widevine lib):

Hmm I don't get that feeling. It just says on instructions page you need the kodi nightly (which includes windows builds), the widevine lib needs to go in 'special://home', which following the link appears to provide what directories those are for Windows, and the plugin is just a standard Kodi plugin.

That said, i think we're in the wrong forum for this discussion, so this is off-topic. Be good to find the proper thread for this plugin. 
Oh ok thanks. Will go and look into it more over there.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8