• 4(current)
Alpha Daily Github x64 builds
(2017-10-16, 17:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 16:32)Dragen Wrote: Why doesn't this recognize the extra images (logo and stuff) that's already in the folders as logo.png (and so on), when adding movies?

Extra images are not supported by Kodi itself. It's only supported by skin developers. Yo you need an the Kodi Addon "ArtworkDownloader" to read an save the image paths to the Kodi-DB or better, the Kodi Interface in Ember to sync these paths.

Or use a tool like TextureCache Smile
Image Image
(2017-10-19, 16:18)mark112887 Wrote: Just curious as to when the next build will be available?

No reason to ask, when it's available it'll be on the first post here or in the official alpha thread.
Latest git does not show progress bar when updating library Smile
Got a Generic.cryptolocker.k warning from comodo firewall when installing latest build. Please Advise
(2017-10-22, 12:11)shintorojin Wrote: Please Advise

Use a real anti virus program
don't know about that, done better than most of the ones I have tried.
but anyway I will go with a false positive considering these:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/8d8546.../detection
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filesc...lx4xtmo49r

Thanks for the compiling work
(2017-10-16, 13:00)redglory Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 16:32)Dragen Wrote: Why doesn't this recognize the extra images (logo and stuff) that's already in the folders as logo.png (and so on), when adding movies?

What's your naming convention?!

Have you defined it on expert settings?
Obiously "logo.png"

Extra images are not supported by Kodi itself. It's only supported by skin developers. Yo you need an the Kodi Addon "ArtworkDownloader" to read an save the image paths to the Kodi-DB or better, the Kodi Interface in Ember to sync these paths.

You realize I'm talking about Ember, not KODI, right? Last time I checked, your software isn't using KODI's database.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2017-11-02, 18:38)Dragen Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 13:00)redglory Wrote:

What's your naming convention?!

Have you defined it on expert settings?
Obiously "logo.png"

You realize I'm talking about Ember, not KODI, right? Last time I checked, your software isn't using KODI's database.

"logo.png" sounds like an image that has been downloaded by ArtworkDownloader. The file name setting "Kodi Interface" use alsways <filenname>-imagetype.ext, so "logo.png" will not be recognized with this setting. You can enable the "ArtworkDownloader" defaults in file name settings and reload your movies to recognize these files or define your own settings in the "Expert" tab, You can find all settings under Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Naming.

Here is an overview of all files names that are been used by the default lists: Link
I've never used ArtworkDownloader. Every artfile I have, comes from Ember and its default naming settings. Two of my movies show logo in Ember, the other 647 do not. All the logo files are named "logo.png".

It'll find the files if I rescrape the movies. No need to redownload them.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2017-11-02, 19:30)DanCooper Wrote: "logo.png" sounds like an image that has been downloaded by ArtworkDownloader. The file name setting "Kodi Interface" use alsways <filenname>-imagetype.ext, so "logo.png" will not be recognized with this setting. You can enable the "ArtworkDownloader" defaults in file name settings and reload your movies to recognize these files or define your own settings in the "Expert" tab, You can find all settings under Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Naming.

Here is an overview of all files names that are been used by the default lists: Link

This is not true.  Whether it be a bug or what, but checking expert naming and kodi interface at the same time definitely allows logo.png (Fanart.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.png, poster.jpg).  I prefer the older naming style, because it's much quicker to find the movie files if browsing through explorer.
(2017-11-05, 16:59)Dragen Wrote: I've never used ArtworkDownloader. Every artfile I have, comes from Ember and its default naming settings. Two of my movies show logo in Ember, the other 647 do not. All the logo files are named "logo.png".

It'll find the files if I rescrape the movies. No need to redownload them.

No need to rescrape, hit reload/refresh all movies and everything should be picked up quicker than rescraping.
Hello, I feel the need to point this out again.. these git versions do not scrape all IMDb movies like the current official version does.. these GIT versions will sometimes not scrape random normal imdb movies (1 in 10 is what Ive seen), almost never will it scrape a direct to video movie (ie when you google a movie and you see "movie name (video 2006)" for example), will almost never scrape TV movies.. by all the above I mean even when you enter correct IMDb id it still will not find the movie.. current official version can scrape anything without any faults.. there is not a single movie (direct to video, TV movie etc..) when correct IMDb id is entered it can't scrap (except missing plot).  There is definitely a big difference between official version vs every single git version in this thread. Sorry but 1-2 out of every 10 movies I have to either switch to official ember to scrape (and then enter plot manually from IMDb), or switch scraper in git version to movie database scraper which has less then a tenth of the cast listing as IMDb and manually enter important missing cast members.

Just wanted to point this out again. Thanks for the great resource you have given us.. sorry for the above post.. but felt you should know.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
ShadowTek you should probably post about it here http://embermediamanager.thebuggenie.com/ with some details, is it just tv movies that it happens with?
(2017-11-13, 23:19)ShadowTek Wrote: Hello, I feel the need to point this out again.. these git versions do not scrape all IMDb movies like the current official version does.. these GIT versions will sometimes not scrape random normal imdb movies (1 in 10 is what Ive seen), almost never will it scrape a direct to video movie (ie when you google a movie and you see "movie name (video 2006)" for example), will almost never scrape TV movies.. by all the above I mean even when you enter correct IMDb id it still will not find the movie.. current official version can scrape anything without any faults.. there is not a single movie (direct to video, TV movie etc..) when correct IMDb id is entered it can't scrap (except missing plot).  There is definitely a big difference between official version vs every single git version in this thread. Sorry but 1-2 out of every 10 movies I have to either switch to official ember to scrape (and then enter plot manually from IMDb), or switch scraper in git version to movie database scraper which has less then a tenth of the cast listing as IMDb and manually enter important missing cast members.

Just wanted to point this out again. Thanks for the great resource you have given us.. sorry for the above post.. but felt you should know.
Yes, the Github version has a new way to get the data from IMDB, that is much more easier for me to react on changes on IMDB. It's possible that it's quiet not perfectly running for all cases. So you can help me if you make a list of (all) movies that not scrape correctly.
Hi Dan, of course I can, here are some:

Now And Then (1995)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Brokedown Palace (1999)
Slaughter High (1986)
Singularity (2017)
Twixt (2011)
Witchtrap (1989)
Never Here (2017)
Atomic Blonde (2017)
Simply Irresistible (1999)
Shark Lake (2015)

Here is an example of what happens, it finds the movies, but won't scrap the info, the panel on the right searches for the info but finds none but the left side does find the movie, here is a screenshot to show what I mean. If you need me to post more movies let me know and I'll try and remember what others won't scrap.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OG810

Edit: Here is an example of a movie when you do add the correct IMDb id in but it won't find the info:
Blue-Eyed Butcher (2012)

https://imgur.com/a/88vh6

And here is a link to the movies IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2282719/

Sorry for all the edits as I'm adding movies as I remember them (and testing again to be sure)
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Daily Github x64 builds1