Solved Black bars - 1080p 16:9 @23.976 fps Video
I have a doubt that is killing me, or maybe I'm just a little ignorant on this topic...

When playing a 1080p 16:9 @23.976 fps am I supposed to be seeing these black bars?

I am not getting this problem when playing a 1080p 16:9 @24 fps media.

I'm running LibreElec on an Asrock J4205 connected via HDMI to 4k LG TV.
TV is set to 16:9 Aspect Ratio and on the Kodi side, Adjust display refresh rate = Always and Sync Playback to display = Enabled
It all depends in which video resolution / aspect ratio the video has been made.
In general there is the 16:9 video (same as your typical fullhd TV at home), and there is the 21:9 movies which are shown at cinemas.

You can use the zoom function in order to get rid of the black bars. Depending on the video source, parts of the video will fall beyond the monitor/tv borders.
Whether the correct resolution is determined is another matter.
That's how the director shot the movie so you should just leave it alone and enjoy.
Ok, thanks for the info! I just thought that all 16:9 content was supposed to use the full screen..
What is that movie? It looks sci-fi but I don't recognise the scene.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Doctor Strange?
Depends: Check the "pixel size" your TV reports. If those are non quadratic, what you describe will easily happen. Hint: your Debug Log can tell about that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can't find such a thing on the log... Could you tell me which parameter is it exactly? Kodi Debug Log

Pd. You were on the right path! The show Start Treck Discovery
Curious. The file is exactly 1920 x 1080 and the pixel mapping is 1:1 we exactly open 1920 x 1080. So two things: a) the TV is set to wrong AR b) the black bars are IN the movie.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I would go with option two then, since other 16:9 1080p content is using a full screen

When playing the file on a laptop using VLC I'm also getting the black bars, therefore I guess it's in the file..
@fritsch why does Kodi on windows always show 1920x1080 content as 1920x1088 when you open the playerprocessinfo

As for the OP it's how the show is shot it looks exactly the same on Netflix
(2017-11-11, 16:42)komplex Wrote: @fritsch why does Kodi on windows always show 1920x1080 content as 1920x1088 when you open the playerprocessinfo

As for the OP it's how the show is shot it looks exactly the same on Netflix

processinfo is NOT metadata. I mentioned that already a thousand times but folks do not listen. the values showed on this dialog are parameters used by player / decoder to process a stream. in this particular case the decoder uses a video surface of size 1920x1088 while the real size is 1920x1080
(2017-11-11, 17:46)FernetMenta Wrote: processinfo is NOT metadata. I mentioned that already a thousand times but folks do not listen. the values showed on this dialog are parameters used by player / decoder to process a stream. in this particular case the decoder uses a video surface of size 1920x1088 while the real size is 1920x1080 

Maybe if this information was available say on something like a wiki perhaps and not just in the minds of those who coded it people would stop asking and go read up on it
(2017-11-11, 18:17)komplex Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 17:46)FernetMenta Wrote: processinfo is NOT metadata. I mentioned that already a thousand times but folks do not listen. the values showed on this dialog are parameters used by player / decoder to process a stream. in this particular case the decoder uses a video surface of size 1920x1088 while the real size is 1920x1080 

Maybe if this information was available say on something like a wiki perhaps and not just in the minds of those who coded it people would stop asking and go read up on it  

Sorry, I did not want to be offensive to user like you. I warned developers/skinners/users that a dialog like the old codecscreen is of not much value because it mixes parameters from different sources. In addition to the processInfo dialog there should be a dialog that displays stream metadata just like MediaInfo does (that is also exposed by player).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black bars - 1080p 16:9 @23.976 fps Video0