How do you rate your music?
How do you rate your music?
Thread moved to the music support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
In the past I did rate my music but nowadays it's useless since I use different players for different situations, and all these players have their own (incompatible) database or no database at all.
Storing the ratings in tags within the music file would go a long way to enable ratings across different platforms but while it is can store ratings in tags, most players use their own database. Also that would be problematic when several people share the music

As how to rate music, that's tricky as well. I pretty much did as you describe; rate music while you listen to it. One of the problems is that your rating depends on your mood, how often you have heard it in a period and most of all in relation to other music you listen to. When I play an entire album, as I often do, I tend to rate the songs compared to other songs on the album, not to my entire music library. A bad song on my favourite album might still be better than a good song on on a meh album.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
I rate tracks as I listen to them in Kodi usually.

Also I use www.TheAudioDB.com website to rate lots of tracks at once, then use the sync Add-on to send back and forwards to Kodi

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309611
Check this out
- it's the first True music rating system, ever.:
www.allmusicrating.com
(2017-07-14, 06:40)elias_n Wrote: Check this out
www.allmusicrating.com

Cool but nothing to do with Kodi Sad
(2017-07-14, 06:40)elias_n Wrote: Check this out
www.allmusicrating.com

this looks interesting, but I looked at a few artist, and from around 50 CD's only 1 was rated Confused

also without api and a Kodi addon pretty useless for the Kodi Folks
www.rateyourmusic.com is the best one i found so far.

I managed to import lots of their Album ratings into TADB so now we have some pretty good data :p

All available from the API of course! Or indeed via the sync Add-on.

EDIT: also I forgot, I also managed to import 7,000 Album ratings from metacritic as well, both critic scores and their user scores.

TADB username to look at are 'rateyourmusic', 'MetaCriticScore', 'MetaCriticUserScore'

I will see if I can auto import any other sites if people post more.
That's one hell of an OP up there. Confused

[Edit: Yes it was, the OP was obviously edited at a later date. The off-topic rambling has now been removed, making this post look odd]
Is it possible to sync music ratings to theaudiodb and/or rateyourmusic to and from kodi?
(2017-11-12, 17:25)ventolin Wrote: Is it possible to sync music ratings to theaudiodb and/or rateyourmusic to and from kodi?

Ratings can be synced between TheAudioDB both ways yes using the new sync Add-on. There is a link on the front page of TADB for the latest version.

Ratings can be downloaded from rateyourmusic using the same Add-on, but cannot be uploaded as they do not supply an API for this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you rate your music?0