Music videos do not show in database?
(2017-11-14, 23:55)Gilean Wrote: But the original problem still stands: How can I set up Kodi so that it does NOT require music video to be part of an album before it shows up in Music Video list? Naturally, some live videos that I have captured from TV for example, do not get matches and log file says "Unable to scrape body with refs" for those.
So the thing to remember is, that Music Videos are considered Videos (like Movies or TV Shows). If you follow the Youtube Video I linked above, it shows you how to add Music Videos to your library. Yes they will show up in your Music as well, but they will also have there own Video section (and if you have a skin that supports it, you can have a Music Video section on the Main Kodi Menu - Aeon MQ7 has this function).

The stuff you have captured from TV, should be named Artist - Music Video name.extension (example: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do.mp4). Then the .NFO for said video should look something like this...
 <musicvideo>
<title>Look What You Made Me Do</title>
<artist>Taylor Swift</artist>
<album>Reputation</album>
<plot>"Look What You Made Me Do" is a electroclash and pop song, and lyrics that portrays various issues that built her reputation.</plot>
<runtime>3:31</runtime
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<Label>Big Machine</Label>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>
There is also a wiki page for MusicVideo nfo... http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The Music Helper app sticky in this music forum creates NFO files for all music videos pretty easily.

It will also automate creation of a playlist for every sub-folder (e.g. concert video) and copy it to your Kodi userdata mixed playlists folder so you can play any music video from one of the Kodi remote apps.
(2017-11-14, 18:48)Powerhouse Wrote: @docwra

And I thought I had a lot of Music Videos with over 4k....but 10,000....Sheesh.

Care to share your script? (I believe you had a post in the past regarding this, just can't find it).

Also...
1. How does the script name the files (Artist-Title)?
2. Does it create NFO files for each Music Video? If so what does it contain (Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Track #, etc)?
3. What about Artwork for the Artist and Album the Music Video is from?
4. Since they are MP4 videos, are you adding meta-data to the built in tags (MusicBrainz, etc)?

And just to answer any questions, because I have created .NFO files for all my Music Videos (that contain Artist, Album, Year, Genre (multiple on some songs), Track #, etc) Kodi picks everything up in both my Music Videos section, and within my Music section (so I can play either the Song, or Select the Music Video of that Song). If I have an Artists music album, and have the artwork for it, I copy this to the Music Video folder of that artist, so they show up the same with either view (in Music, or in Music Videos).
Example of the script
Code:
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zeds Dead - Lost You.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJm7IPrBmLY
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zendaya - Replay.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdePpsk-gH0
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zero 7 - Distractions.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZ7JUhQR-c

Basically all it does is run the command line youtube.dl.exe selecting MP4 format, removing special characters and downloading the Artist - Title (exactly the same as on TADB) and then the youtube link to actually download.

No nfo's needed as the Music Video scraper will perfectly match each one.
That means all artwork is perfect, all details and data should work 100%
(2017-11-15, 01:39)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 23:55)Gilean Wrote: But the original problem still stands: How can I set up Kodi so that it does NOT require music video to be part of an album before it shows up in Music Video list? Naturally, some live videos that I have captured from TV for example, do not get matches and log file says "Unable to scrape body with refs" for those.
So the thing to remember is, that Music Videos are considered Videos (like Movies or TV Shows). If you follow the Youtube Video I linked above, it shows you how to add Music Videos to your library. Yes they will show up in your Music as well, but they will also have there own Video section (and if you have a skin that supports it, you can have a Music Video section on the Main Kodi Menu - Aeon MQ7 has this function).

The stuff you have captured from TV, should be named Artist - Music Video name.extension (example: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do.mp4). Then the .NFO for said video should look something like this...
 <musicvideo>
<plot>"Look What You Made Me Do" is a electroclash and pop song, and lyrics that portrays various issues that built her reputation.</plot>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo> 
Yes, I had read all those but unfortunately they don't help in this :/ The requirement of that music videos absolutely have to "belong" in some album before they show up (under Music Videos root node) is something I would like to ignore somehow. Even in Youtube video that guy browsed his music videos only by song name - which is fine if you have handful of videos, but not when you have few thousand of them. I want to choose an artist, say AC/DC, and then get a list of ALL AC/DC music videos that I have in my music video folder. But when I choose the band, it then makes me select the album (all albums or certain one) and then shows either all music videos that belong in some album, or only those that belong to selected album. But not all music videos belong to any album and so they don't show up in this view. Other option could be to browse media sources straight, but since I have been using this folder system:

Music videos\A\AC-DC - song1
Music videos\A\AC-DC - song2
Music videos\A\Aerosmith - song 1
Music videos\B\Bon Jovi - song 1
etc...

and go to A-folder there, the result is mix of AC-DC and Aerosmith songs (and others where band name begins with A) listed alphabetically by song name, which is not what I want either if I want to browse through AC/DC-songs only, for example. :/

And of course I have plenty of files named as:
Aerosmith - Crying.mkv
Aerosmith - Crying (live).mkv
And I would like to see them both on music video list but that doesn't work before I manually edit all those live songs .nfo file and when I have around 1000 files to edit, that seems overwhelming to me.

I guess it's hard for me to accept how complicated handling media library is in Kodi compared to Mediaportal Smile
To browse by Artist, you will need to successfully scrape the Mvid.

Kodi does not use filename parsing to build its databases. Only metadata lookups from the filenames.

Don't forget, you can still browse via the file browser if you don't wan't all the extra metadata. This should show all your videos but its just like listing them on your computer, not really HTPC.
(2017-11-15, 15:03)Gilean Wrote: Yes, I had read all those but unfortunately they don't help in this :/ The requirement of that music videos absolutely have to "belong" in some album before they show up (under Music Videos root node) is something I would like to ignore somehow. Even in Youtube video that guy browsed his music videos only by song name - which is fine if you have handful of videos, but not when you have few thousand of them. I want to choose an artist, say AC/DC, and then get a list of ALL AC/DC music videos that I have in my music video folder. But when I choose the band, it then makes me select the album (all albums or certain one) and then shows either all music videos that belong in some album, or only those that belong to selected album. But not all music videos belong to any album and so they don't show up in this view. Other option could be to browse media sources straight, but since I have been using this folder system:

etc...

and go to A-folder there, the result is mix of AC-DC and Aerosmith songs (and others where band name begins with A) listed alphabetically by song name, which is not what I want either if I want to browse through AC/DC-songs only, for example. :/
This sounds more like a Skin issue than a Kodi issue (what skin are you using)? Aeon MQ7 does something like this by default, but if you change the way the Music Videos are displayed, say by Artist, than you will get a normal view like you expect.

As docwra said, if you have named your music as I listed above, and scraped it into Kodi (and set the type to Music Videos), You should be able to see a list of all your Music Videos in Alphabetical order (just like you would if you were looking through your Movies or TV Shows). However, you can change the view to list all your Music Videos by Artist (just like you can your Music Library), then you will see all your Artists listed, and when you click one, you will see all the Music Videos for that Artist.
(2017-11-15, 18:47)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 15:03)Gilean Wrote: Yes, I had read all those but unfortunately they don't help in this :/ The requirement of that music videos absolutely have to "belong" in some album before they show up (under Music Videos root node) is something I would like to ignore somehow. Even in Youtube video that guy browsed his music videos only by song name - which is fine if you have handful of videos, but not when you have few thousand of them. I want to choose an artist, say AC/DC, and then get a list of ALL AC/DC music videos that I have in my music video folder. But when I choose the band, it then makes me select the album (all albums or certain one) and then shows either all music videos that belong in some album, or only those that belong to selected album. But not all music videos belong to any album and so they don't show up in this view. Other option could be to browse media sources straight, but since I have been using this folder system:

etc...

This sounds more like a Skin issue than a Kodi issue (what skin are you using)? Aeon MQ7 does something like this by default, but if you change the way the Music Videos are displayed, say by Artist, than you will get a normal view like you expect.

As docwra said, if you have named your music as I listed above, and scraped it into Kodi (and set the type to Music Videos), You should be able to see a list of all your Music Videos in Alphabetical order (just like you would if you were looking through your Movies or TV Shows). However, you can change the view to list all your Music Videos by Artist (just like you can your Music Library), then you will see all your Artists listed, and when you click one, you will see all the Music Videos for that Artist. 
I have been using default skin Estuary. Although that is very simple, it's also clear. I did try few others though, including Aeon MQ5 (couldn't install Aeon MQ7 on Android TV), but they all work pretty much the same what comes to listing music videos. 

I have set the media type correctly as music videos etc, so it seems like it's just that Kodi requires that metadata info there, like dowcra said. It just should be changed so that if type is music video, album is just optional info and not part of grouping/sorting. So yes, I can choose "all albums" (after I have chosen the artist) and then get nice listing of artist's music videos except those live videos for example. Just out of curiosity, how have you guys scraped live videos correctly? And if you have both official music video AND live video of the same song, how can you tell the difference in Kodi while browsing music videos?

I think I might check that music helper app...
You can have several of the same song, it all comes down to naming them differently. But, don't forget to change the associated .NFO files with these names as well...

Using my example from above...

File name...
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do.mp4

NFO looks like...

<musicvideo>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>

File name...
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (Live).mp4

NFO looks like...

<musicvideo>
<title>Look What You Made Me Do (Live)</title>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>

File name...
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (Blooper Reel).mp4

NFO looks like... 

<musicvideo>
<title>Look What You Made Me Do (Blooper Reel)</title>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>

With the above, under artist view, Taylor Swift, you should see these 3 videos listed...
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do.mp4
By the way, the same thing happens to Movies and TV Shows.

So you might have...

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (BluRay).MKV
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (Despecialized Edition).MKV
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (LaserDisc).MKV

Each movie would have the corresponding title in the NFO file.
(2017-11-15, 22:14)Powerhouse Wrote: File name...

NFO looks like...

<musicvideo>
<title>Look What You Made Me Do (Live)</title>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>

File name...

NFO looks like... 

<musicvideo>
<title>Look What You Made Me Do (Blooper Reel)</title>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<director></director>
<track>6</track>
<year>2017</year>
</musicvideo>

Yes, I understand that, but have you manually edited all those .nfo -files for live videos and whatnot, since I guess they are not scraped correctly automatically? Maybe you copied original .nfo file and then just modified filename and title-tag accordingly? I am just wondering if there was some way to do that automatically, as I have maybe 1000 videos that are not scraped correctly (they are either live-videos or Finnish music videos that are not found in IMDVB database) ?

With Mediaportal I used MVideos plugin that had its own windows app for scraping, and for those music videos the scraper did not find a match, it suggested me some videos that might suit here and then left them for me to decide (after the scraping process was completed) which one to use. Or, I could just re-scrape some live video with manually editing "scrape title" so that I deleted (live) part and then it matched "artist - video (live).mkv with "artist - video" info automatically.
(2017-11-16, 10:00)Gilean Wrote: With Mediaportal I used MVideos plugin that had its own windows app for scraping, and for those music videos the scraper did not find a match, it suggested me some videos that might suit here and then left them for me to decide (after the scraping process was completed) which one to use. Or, I could just re-scrape some live video with manually editing "scrape title" so that I deleted (live) part and then it matched "artist - video (live).mkv with "artist - video" info automatically. 
Maybe that 3rd party Windows app could be modified to output the Kodi nfo format then? Its just a text file at the end of the day.
(2017-11-16, 10:54)docwra Wrote:
(2017-11-16, 10:00)Gilean Wrote: With Mediaportal I used MVideos plugin that had its own windows app for scraping, and for those music videos the scraper did not find a match, it suggested me some videos that might suit here and then left them for me to decide (after the scraping process was completed) which one to use. Or, I could just re-scrape some live video with manually editing "scrape title" so that I deleted (live) part and then it matched "artist - video (live).mkv with "artist - video" info automatically. 
Maybe that 3rd party Windows app could be modified to output the Kodi nfo format then? Its just a text file at the end of the day. 
I remembered wrong, Music Video Central (that's the correct name) is just a plugin for Mediaportal that is configured from MP settings (not inside MP though). I looked through all options and unfortunately there is not any kind of export function there :/ That plugin only reads (and writes) it's own music video database (SQLite, it uses "mvCentral.db3" -file). Don't know if there is some software that could create .nfo files for each entry in that database, but it doesn't sound impossible task. Would be great, as I have nearly all videos more or less sorted out in that database!
(2017-11-16, 10:00)Gilean Wrote: Yes, I understand that, but have you manually edited all those .nfo -files for live videos and whatnot, since I guess they are not scraped correctly automatically? Maybe you copied original .nfo file and then just modified filename and title-tag accordingly? I am just wondering if there was some way to do that automatically, as I have maybe 1000 videos that are not scraped correctly (they are either live-videos or Finnish music videos that are not found in IMDVB database) ?

Yep, for me I had to change all my .NFO files (and at the time, I had nearly 5K Music Videos, but after going through them all, am down to just over 4K). Yes it sucks, and it took me several months (on an off as I felt the urge to do some). Normally what I would do, is go through a single letter in the alphabet.

Trust me, I wish there was a tool at the time that could do it for me, but there wasn't, so lots of work for me.

In the End however, it now looks and works with Kodi flawlessly. Which at the end of the day, is what I wanted. By the way, the same thing was happening with the Music section until 2 things changed... 1. Dave Blake took over doing updates to Music in Kodi (all praise Dave). 2, Music support in MediaElch (the only scrapper that does this) showed up, and I was able to scrape all my music, creating NFO files, and getting all the artwork, and artist information.
(2017-11-15, 11:33)docwra Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 18:48)Powerhouse Wrote: @docwra

And I thought I had a lot of Music Videos with over 4k....but 10,000....Sheesh.

Care to share your script? (I believe you had a post in the past regarding this, just can't find it).

Also...
1. How does the script name the files (Artist-Title)?
2. Does it create NFO files for each Music Video? If so what does it contain (Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Track #, etc)?
3. What about Artwork for the Artist and Album the Music Video is from?
4. Since they are MP4 videos, are you adding meta-data to the built in tags (MusicBrainz, etc)?

And just to answer any questions, because I have created .NFO files for all my Music Videos (that contain Artist, Album, Year, Genre (multiple on some songs), Track #, etc) Kodi picks everything up in both my Music Videos section, and within my Music section (so I can play either the Song, or Select the Music Video of that Song). If I have an Artists music album, and have the artwork for it, I copy this to the Music Video folder of that artist, so they show up the same with either view (in Music, or in Music Videos).
Example of the script
Code:
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zeds Dead - Lost You.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJm7IPrBmLY
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zendaya - Replay.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdePpsk-gH0
youtube-dl --restrict-filenames -f mp4 -o "Zero 7 - Distractions.mp4" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZ7JUhQR-c

Basically all it does is run the command line youtube.dl.exe selecting MP4 format, removing special characters and downloading the Artist - Title (exactly the same as on TADB) and then the youtube link to actually download.

No nfo's needed as the Music Video scraper will perfectly match each one.
That means all artwork is perfect, all details and data should work 100% 
That's a great idea.

Would you mind sending (PM ou pastebin) the complete JSON music videos list from TADB ?

Thanks
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music videos do not show in database?0