Video player - multiple sources
Hi, does Video player support "multiple sources" in somewhat similar way to subtitles: once you start playing a video you can change subtitles during the play ("on the fly")?

Or maybe I ask the other way: does YouTube add-on support changing video quality from the "quick" menu while video is playing (I know there is a global quality setting, though)?
Hi, I just found this old post which is related to my question. Has such thing been implemented since then?
No it hasn't
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-18, 02:44)Karellen Wrote: No it hasn't
 This is not correct. VideoPlayer does support it and if an addon provides multiple streams with i.e. different resolutions, streams can be switched on the fly. inputstream.adaptive switches resolutions automatically and if I am not mistaken it also allows the user to manually selct a resolution.
Not sure the auto switching was already added.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-11-18, 14:19)Martijn Wrote: Not sure the auto switching was already added.
 Correct, automatic switching is not yet implemented.

You can set "Stream Selection" to manual in inputstream.adapive settings and then you can use kodi internal video stream selection during video playback.
Press Return -> go right to settings -> select video settings. 

Above mentioned settings have only affect if you have inputstream adaptive enabled in YT addon settings.
(2017-11-18, 14:19)FernetMenta Wrote:
 This is not correct. VideoPlayer does support it and if an addon provides multiple streams with i.e. different resolutions, streams can be switched on the fly. inputstream.adaptive switches resolutions automatically and if I am not mistaken it also allows the user to manually selct a resolution.    
Is there a command for this? I know it changes through the video osd settings (like peak3d said), but a keymap-able command would be very handy, for eg multi-angle concert dvd's/bd's.
(I've asked for this before but never got answer)
(2017-11-18, 17:07)host505 Wrote:
(2017-11-18, 14:19)FernetMenta Wrote:
Is there a command for this? I know it changes through the video osd settings (like peak3d said), but a keymap-able command would be very handy, for eg multi-angle concert dvd's/bd's.
(I've asked for this before but never got answer)  
IMO there is not such one currently, but Multi-Bitrate streams are becoming more and more common so it's only a question of time.
I see, thanks.
Should I look deeper at inputstream.adaptive GitHub? Can you be more precise, e.g. how to instantiate video player with two streams?
Thanks. Was not aware of it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video player - multiple sources0